man from govt vs donkeyt - sneaky f**king russians -indiepop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5595 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:52 am

First off,

No offence to be taken (if you're Russian) it was just a phrase someone came out with. Knack all to do with the song (whatever indeed it is about..do tell)

Second - I don't generally 'do' music these days (too much love of the trucks) but have been (ahem) 'producing' daft lad's (Paul) 'difficult 2nd album' for the last 2 years. This involves drinking and recording this kind of shite.

Third - Naturally, I played the best guitar bits; the jingle jangle in a pissed up Marr stylee. Please just remember it's not me singing..

Fourth - The c**t still can't sing but I got better with M******e. 'Only rolling stones will know your name..' Eh? You tell me.

Err, it's quite short (2 mins) but I think quite catchy for what it is.

Naturally, you may disagree;

sneaky f**king russians

ouroboros
KVRAF
7882 posts since 16 Apr, 2003 from -on the outside looking in

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:04 pm

quite nice effort, but where are the synfs...
..what goes around comes around..

Kriminal
Banned
18682 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from England

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:22 pm

who played the rest, cos its 'kin awful :o

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5595 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Hold on, just firing up the 303...ah, that's better.

Kriminal
Banned
18682 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from England

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:28 pm

donkey tugger wrote:Hold on, just firing up the 303...ah, that's better.
easy tiger...my point was, it clearly wasnt you, its not up to your normal standards at all...both musically and production wise :wink:

ouroboros
KVRAF
7882 posts since 16 Apr, 2003 from -on the outside looking in

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:53 am

btw, it is a catchy layout.
bump you muggs
..what goes around comes around..

Kriminal
Banned
18682 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from England

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 am

was Paul the bloke who did that rap/hip-hop stuff in the early 'noughties' ?

griels
jaaathmaster
2690 posts since 1 Jun, 2001 from Marlow, S. Bucks, UK

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:46 am

Extremely catchy indeed! Bit of a Madchester/shoegazing vibe to it. Paul has a great songwriting talent, but I feel he may have an undiscovered skill for maraca playing over and above his singing ability. Backing sounds a bit 'watery' particularly the drums, probably due to the recording environment rather than a dearth of reeeeeverb. Guitar is great. Overall A-. Very promising.
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5595 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:06 am

griels wrote: Backing sounds a bit 'watery' particularly the drums, probably due to the recording environment rather than a dearth of reeeeeverb.
Are you accusing me of being some manner of drunkard???!! Actually, it was probably in some amount down my pathetic attempt at some type of 'motown' tambourine with the snare. I've toned it down now.
Last edited by donkey tugger on Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5595 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:08 am

Kriminal wrote:was Paul the bloke who did that rap/hip-hop stuff in the early 'noughties' ?
Nay, that was Shaun Clarke, rastaman and ting...

griels
jaaathmaster
2690 posts since 1 Jun, 2001 from Marlow, S. Bucks, UK

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:15 am

donkey tugger wrote:
griels wrote: Backing sounds a bit 'watery' particularly the drums, probably due to the recording environment rather than a dearth of reeeeeverb.
Are you accusing me of being some manner of drunkard???!! Actually, it was probably in some amount down my pathetic attempt at some type of 'motown' tambourine with the snare. I've toned it down now.
Hehe, swearing redacted eh? Inferred that you had uploaded a newer version, and if my ears don't deceive me, sounds a lot better now. So anyway, those maracas...
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

Kriminal
Banned
18682 posts since 2 Oct, 2001 from England

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:47 am

donkey tugger wrote:
Kriminal wrote:was Paul the bloke who did that rap/hip-hop stuff in the early 'noughties' ?
Nay, that was Shaun Clarke, rastaman and ting...
ah yes, thats the kid, i still have that track around somewhere

Return to “Music Cafe”