How to Make Wavetables?

Official support for: vaz-synths.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How do I go about making my own wavetables to use in the Wavetable oscillator?
I can import my own one-shot samples (and of course other peoples' premade scannable wavetables) but I'd love to roll my own.

I've searched here and Googled a bit but didn't find a clear answer.

As always, thanks to MadGav for continuing to develop this wonderful, inspiring instrument. Also thanks for getting this forum @ KVR & updating your site--looks like more folks are finding out about this beast!

If your aiming for (free) software that creates single-cycle waveforms in .wav format...check Wavetable Designer. However it's not on the internet anymore, so PM your email address to me, then I'll send it to you.
You may also wanna check FourCycleSynth and Rndwave!

sorry had to take away links think these are still stuff you have to buy on catwalk site woops!
http://www.galbanum.com/shop/product_in ... ucts_id=46

Thanks for the suggestions.

If I am reading them correctly it seems that it's not possible to use a regular audio editor to create a scannable wavetable?
By that I mean a PPG or Waldorf style wavetable, i.e. one that shows up in the Wavetable module's Sample Loader dialogue as containing more than one wave (e.g. "65 waves"), and can be manipulated via the module's wave slider.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. I guess the broader question is "what info does VAZ need to see in a file to recognize it as a multi-wave wavetable"? Then, what's the best tool to make such a file?

For the record what I'm trying to do is string together a number of unrelated wavs for a compositional effect.

Thanks!

Winstontaneous wrote:Thanks for the suggestions.

If I am reading them correctly it seems that it's not possible to use a regular audio editor to create a scannable wavetable?[...]For the record what I'm trying to do is string together a number of unrelated wavs for a compositional effect.
It's fairly easy in Adobe Audition. I just dropped a bunch of waves into the multi-track area and mixed them down to a single file, then opened it in the edit area and divided it up using the 'sampler loops' option in the 'file info' pop-up. I don't know about other audio editors but I would have thought it should be possible.

Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

if you can find just one wavetable of the right length (256 samples, or a division/multiplication of that), just open it in soundforge, and use the pen tool to alter/ redraw it completely, then save as a new file.
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

I'm open for the answers too!
Sorry kingtubby, I don't have Audition, and the way you described it is a bit confusing.
So there isn't any normal way to make a single cycle wavetable with 4 waves in it for scanning?
Just let its Sound do the talking: http://www.synthmaster.com/

rectus_dominus wrote:So there isn't any normal way to make a single cycle wavetable with 4 waves in it for scanning?
what he described sounded normal to me. can you define what you mean by 'normal' here? it cant be done inside Vaz if thats what you mean.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

rectus_dominus wrote:Sorry kingtubby, I don't have Audition, and the way you described it is a bit confusing.
I wrote that with Audition owners in mind, but any audio editing software that allows you to add/embed loop markers to an audio file should work.

Mart.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

or check this:

http://galbanum.com/products/architecturewaveforms2010/

:shock:

:D

coming out later today... still updating a few things on the web...

Wow... 25k wavetables sounds quite interesting...! Good to know they are Absynt compatible...
He who has ears... let them hear...!
He who ignores... let him ignore...!

But those are single-cycle waves, right? They are not wavetables in PPG/Waldorf sense of the word. Right, Galbanum?

DragonSagoth wrote:But those are single-cycle waves, right? They are not wavetables in PPG/Waldorf sense of the word. Right, Galbanum?
Yes, correct.

Interested users could assemble them into multi-waveform wavetables with tools such as Sound Forge etc. if they like.

Maybe I will explore this myself when time allows? Would that be of interest?

Galbanum wrote:
DragonSagoth wrote:But those are single-cycle waves, right? They are not wavetables in PPG/Waldorf sense of the word. Right, Galbanum?
Yes, correct.

Interested users could assemble them into multi-waveform wavetables with tools such as Sound Forge etc. if they like.

Maybe I will explore this myself when time allows? Would that be of interest?
That would be way groovy, man! :lol:
I downloaded the Galbanum Architecture demo a while ago, cool stuff.
My idea is to make wavetables of fairly dissimilar waves/pitches to experiment with "micro-wave-sequencing" in VAZ.

Galbanum wrote:Maybe I will explore this myself when time allows? Would that be of interest?
Most certainly! I bet lots of Waldorf Blofeld users would hop right on it!

Return to “VAZ Synths”