Novation UltraNova!!!!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ibis

so now Korg, Akai and Novation all have the same synths out....

Kriminal wrote:so now Korg, Akai and Novation all have the same synths out....
lol

Appearances can be deceiving.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Nice to see they've revived the unbelievably annoying 80s/90s multi button/screen editing options rather than the preferable knobs that there's plenty of room for :roll:
Last edited by tehlord on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Could this forum be more whiny and negative?

Anyways, from the description I can't really tell if it's the supernova engine or just based on the engine or what. I really loved the sounds of the original and, depending on the price, could be really interested in this. Liking the software editor.

philliptwenty wrote:Could this forum be more whiny and negative?
Yes, lots.

My point is valid, seeing as they're drawing heavily on their once fairly decent synth heritage, and then removing the best and most intuitive method of programming the synth.

I hope they would offer an upgrade path :9

tehlord wrote:Nice to see they've revived the unbelievably annoying 80s/90s multi button/screen editing options rather than the preferable knobs that there's plenty of room for :roll:
thats what the multipage software editor is for :hihi:

looks a bit gay to me, they dont have a great musical history so i imagine this will will fall into the same market as current fad synths...epic fail

BTW, why the sudden need for a crappy vocoder on these new mini synths?

The touch encoders were kinda nifty but only 18 voices ? Didn't the SuperNova have like 30-50 ?

Nice to see a new synth from Novation ... altho' £499 seems a lot these days compared to some of the competition.

I'm afraid I have to agree. To me, the whole point of having a hardware synth as opposed to a softsynth is the immediacy of control via real knobs/sliders. If a hardware synth forces me to use a software editor to gain full control I'd rather just chuck it and use a soft synth, especially if said hardware synth is digital anyway...

Kriminal wrote:
thats what the multipage software editor is for :hihi:
Oh right I see, so like, V-Station or something :lol:

edit - Oh hang on, I get it now.

V-Station ain't selling any more so they've bunged it in a spray painted SL and tripled it's price.

Genius! :D
Last edited by tehlord on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks to me like a poor man's gimpy Virus.

Patchen wrote:I'm afraid I have to agree. To me, the whole point of having a hardware synth as opposed to a softsynth is the immediacy of control via real knobs/sliders. If a hardware synth forces me to use a software editor to gain full control I'd rather just chuck it and use a soft synth, especially if said hardware synth is digital anyway...
I agree

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”