One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:43 pm Great! :tu: I had plans to join some time ago when Milkster posted a link and I even downloaded Discord for the ipad so now I'll definitely have to show up sooner or later :hug:
:tu: Join at any time, but remember that the link to Discord is valid for one week! :wink: :lol:

Funny question, but does anyone know how I can do a drum mapping type of thing in Cubase. After many years I decided to have a look at Cubase again, but while I see Drum Maps and Drum Editor, I couldn't figure out how to set that up properly.

In MuLab I just made myself a MUX with note pads and modifiers to route into vst instances.
In Ableton there's this nifty little drum map thingy that works great, too.
Cubase? (And not with Groove Agent!)

Thanks in advance! :hug:

Taron wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:14 am Funny question, but does anyone know how I can do a drum mapping type of thing in Cubase.
Don’t know the relation to OSC… I would post this in the hosts forum with a proper thread title…

Tj Shredder wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:33 am
Taron wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:14 am Funny question, but does anyone know how I can do a drum mapping type of thing in Cubase.
Don’t know the relation to OSC… I would post this in the hosts forum with a proper thread title…
That's just it, I figured, only our OSC gang would know instantly what I'm talking about and it is for making OSC tracks. It's so typical for it, that I believe it literally belongs in the OSC general discussion thread. :shrug:
I'll try to think of a proper thread title and see, if I can recruit some Cubase-lers to come join us, too. :hihi:

NEVER MIND, I've figured it out. I've only just missed a few things in Cubase's Drum Map, like setting the Midi channel for each drum, which was what tripped me up. So now I know and it's just as easy as anywhere else. If someone wants to know in detail, ask me anytime! ;)

rghvdberg wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:05 pm Hi all,
Please have a look at Cardinal.
Oh my god... this is impressive! Thank you so much for sharing it. Im amazed.
Anyone knows for a place to download some presets to get started?

One question I can't seem to find an answer to is are we allowed to post your entries to Spotify and Apple music etc? Oh, and can we monetize on SoundCloud too? I think this should be ok and still remain under the CC licence but am wondering if there is something specific to these competitions restricting it?

You didn‘t give away any of your rights by participating in an OSC… You just published on Soundcloud with the downloads activated. You can do whatever you want…
The license is not necessarily CC, it is whatever you choose… Only if it will be put in the archive, it has to be…

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:26 am Only if it will be put in the archive, it has to be…
Sorry, forgive my ignorance what do you mean by put in the archive?

BrainBeatMusic wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:09 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:26 am Only if it will be put in the archive, it has to be…
At the end of every contest, all tracks are available on archive.org , like here : https://archive.org/details/@kvr_osc

I have not used Discord before but if you send link to OSC related discussion I might check what is it all about, thanks!

zipidowski wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:09 pm I have not used Discord before but if you send link to OSC related discussion I might check what is it all about, thanks!
https://discord.gg/jFXBbn3C ( link expires in seven days )

J.Ruegg wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:40 pm
At the end of every contest, all tracks are available on archive.org , like here : https://archive.org/details/@kvr_osc
I think this practice has been abandoned since August 2020.

J.Ruegg wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:40 pm
Ah, that makes more sense.

Looking at the archives it would be good if assuming it existed extra metadata, especially about the artist was also displayed. This I am sure would help artists gain more visibility, get more fans and potentially more plays etc on other platforms. True this is probably not something KVR with the OSC may even have any control over but as it is now as an artist I would appreciate more if possible.
Also as at least the current competition requires in the submission to also disclose which DAW was used, how many instances of the synth were used and effects.

I'm assuming we don't know what next month's synth will be until May 1st?

Return to “Instruments”