Tone2 ElectraX is available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks! :)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

cosmicdawn wrote:Anyone with the same Electrax/Logic bug as I'm getting?
Whenever I reload my projects I have to open the GUI of Electrax to get any sound out of it. I've mailed support and got a quick response. They will fix the problem. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
Just for the record: My problem with this was propably caused by a missing restart of the mac when I installed the full version over the demo version. I sometimes don't restart my machine for months. Once I did everything was ok.

Did anybody check out the new soundset called ROMPLER?

Would you recommend it?
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Did anybody check out the new soundset called ROMPLER?

Would you recommend it?
I reeived a free/NFR copy but only had time to check a few sounds yet (due to other projects at the same time). Anyway what i checked so far sounds quite nice (like with most Tone2 soundsets...).
As the samples are saved with the fxp file those could be quite big, up to a few MB. The 200 patches (fxp files) together have a size of around 435 MB.

BTW a new Saurus soundset is on the way too and another for Nemesis (the 4th one) is work in progress too but will take a while.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingo, i know the quality of the soundsets. i was only wondering, if this is really a rompler type bread n butter soundset. so the question is: does it live up to the name or not :)
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Did anybody check out the new soundset called ROMPLER?
Did they actually name a soundset "Rompler" :o

Their marketing department is running out of ideas :?

Rompler is a funny word if you say it out loud a few times.

Rompler Rompler Rompler!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

listened to the mp3 demo in the office. people started looking at me like i am a crazy. they deffo didn't like the sounds... ^^
Finally!

cyphersuit wrote:Ingo, i know the quality of the soundsets. i was only wondering, if this is really a rompler type bread n butter soundset. so the question is: does it live up to the name or not :)
Most pathces use the "Sample" and/or "resynthesis" modes, mostly with multiple samples layered per patch (in one layer) and up to 4 layers used (maximum is 4 x 3 = 12 oscillators).
The definition of "bread & butter" sounds is a bit difficult but besides several more "original" sounds there are several that could be called "bread & butter" maybe.
Also found some vintage sounds like e.g. from a Melltron 400 (but again with layered sounds).
There is a patch category called "Semireal" where you find e.g. Flute sounds (including a Mellotron Flute) etc.
There are also Piano and Organ sounds but don't expect multisampled sounds with lots of velocity layers etc. which is not really what the sampling engine in ElectraX is made for. Anyway based on the fact that quite small samples are used the sounds are nice IMO. The average patch size for each of the 200 patches is around 2 MB (some smaller, some bigger) where the samples are saved in the fxp file.

You will rarely find very simple sound that usees just a single sample/oscillator played trough a single filter.

As already mentioned i did not check all patches yet but what i checked so far is realy nice IMO.

Checking the patch names (see at the corresponding link/page at the website) could give some ideas about the sounds too.

link for the soundset page:
http://www.tone2.com/html/rompler.html

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”