Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

BluGenes wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:02 pm
InLight-Tone wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:53 pm I may be dense, but is there a key command to go from one phrase to the next and back on the same track?
To answer your question, no. Whenever I need information like key strokes, etc., what I do is, look at the settings page and the keyboard short cuts and see what is what..
Yes I do that, but since that page is so dense I thought I may have missed it. Thanks Gene!

So I guess that's a feature request to have a keyboard shortcut(s) to cruise back & forth through the phrases on a selected track.
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

InLight-Tone wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:50 pm
BluGenes wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:02 pm
InLight-Tone wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:53 pm I may be dense, but is there a key command to go from one phrase to the next and back on the same track?
To answer your question, no. Whenever I need information like key strokes, etc., what I do is, look at the settings page and the keyboard short cuts and see what is what..
Yes I do that, but since that page is so dense I thought I may have missed it. Thanks Gene!

So I guess that's a feature request to have a keyboard shortcut(s) to cruise back & forth through the phrases on a selected track.
+1 ;)

Some time ago, for a long time, I suggested making an auto-key option when recording from a midi controller in real time, which would immediately automatically convert notes into a relative form, i.e. would move the recorded absolute midi notes to the nearest chord or scale notes. So I decided to offer it again)))

Is there going to be range setting option for looping in Melody Editor. And Phrase Editor?

Hi Attila,
I have found a solution for half the problem in Melody Editor. If I drag the right border to for instance bar 6, it loops until bar 6. Is there a solution for the left border. Would make me very happy.

Hi,

Sometimes when importing a MIDI file one is stuck with a large number of tracks coming in, only one of which is of interest for to Analyze and Import.

In cases like this it would save time and motion if the Analyze and Import checkboxes on the MIDI Import page could be cleared with one click rather than having to click on every one of the tracks not desired.

Hi,

I think it would be quite handy if there were an operation in the Phrase Inspector dialog to rename a phrase (or all selected phrases) according to the Master Track Chord(s) that phrase spans.

RC - Phrases Could Use Chord Names.jpg

The one-chord-per-phrase case is the obvious one, and much time could be saved if we could quickly set the phrase names to match the chords.

I realize that if a phrase spans more than one chord then there's a bit of question how far down the rabbit-hole to go with this. Offhand, ideally there would be an option to allow all the spanned chord names to be concatenated into the new phrase name. But, if that's too much trouble to implement, just a simple operation to rename based only on the first chord would still be great to have, as the one-chord-per-phrase case is a very common case, and if the user really wanted/needed a multi-chord name, then having the first chord already be there in every phrase is still a big improvement over the track name as the starting point for manual editing.

Also, having the phrases optionally named by chord automatically on MIDI Import would be super!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This tool is fantastic!
As a long-time casual user and non-musician, I find myself with too many options!
Could there be a option added to cut-down on the options; "newbie" mode and then the full "expert" mode...
I think this would get more users (who maybe over-whelmed by all the options) to use it more.
>> Maybe it can be a command-line switch to go in "Light" mode?
Who knows, you may already have it... LOL!
Keep up the good work, there is nothing out there that can do this...
Walt

the web site has links to videos and there is a tips and tricks area as well.

The older video manual series kind of still applies, the UI just changed a bit.. watch the newer ones first, starting with the introduction.. and, at some point, you are going to want to add VST's to RC, just DON"T use the scan folder button!

welcome to forums and Happy New Year!

I have been there too. But still finding new options. Start with this channel. Rock 1 and 2 for instance. He shows and he talks. It was my starting point. Explaining every detail is not going to work. It is too much. Start with a workflow.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChpZZ5 ... MKw/videos

Is it possible to extend the Edit Chord voicing, with 2 more octaves? It now goes to B5 only.

Hi Atilla,

Is it possible to get response here about your request for new features. Yes or no will do. My mood for posting here is dropping.

Pjotter wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:55 am Hi Atilla,

Is it possible to get response here about your request for new features. Yes or no will do. My mood for posting here is dropping.
these requests get read and noted.. it just takes time away from working on the code which is very hard for just one guy doing all the work. RC isn't the only thing being worked on too..

all requests are much appreciated..

Yes, I know he is busy, but it would be nice to know if something new is possible. Not everything is possible. If it is not possible, I have to live with it, or find my own solution.

Hi Attila,
a feature request: I thank that one missing generator is a sibling of the chord one. When working with orchestra instruments, you typically don't have one "chord track" but three / four instruments playing the chord (double bass + celli + viola + violin on the strings or tuba + trombone + trumpet + horn on the brass or bassoon + oboe + clarinet + flue on the woodwinds and so on). A "split chord" generator or some chord generator present to accomplish this would be great.

Return to “MusicDevelopments”