Can't open .wav files in Pro Tools Mac OS X from Photosounder

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just noticed that if save a .wav file from Photosounder onto my Desktop, later Pro Tools can't import the audio file into my Pro Tools session! Pro Tools says that the file ins't a recognised file format.

I can open the .wav file from Photosounder in iTunes or Quicktime and brun it to CD, but I can't import the file into my sequencer!

Any help?

Electronic1982 wrote:I've just noticed that if save a .wav file from Photosounder onto my Desktop, later Pro Tools can't import the audio file into my Pro Tools session! Pro Tools says that the file ins't a recognised file format.

I can open the .wav file from Photosounder in iTunes or Quicktime and brun it to CD, but I can't import the file into my sequencer!

Any help?
That's a Pro Tools question, ask Pro Tools users? ;) I've never used it before, but maybe it doesn't support 32-bit float WAV files?
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

A_SN wrote:
Electronic1982 wrote:I've just noticed that if save a .wav file from Photosounder onto my Desktop, later Pro Tools can't import the audio file into my Pro Tools session! Pro Tools says that the file ins't a recognised file format.

Any help?
That's a Pro Tools question, ask Pro Tools users? ;) I've never used it before, but maybe it doesn't support 32-bit float WAV files?
Hi, yeah that's what I think it is. My version of pro tools doesn't support 32 bit yet, it can only read upto 24bit audio. Is there any way I can change Photosounder to 24bit in the config text file?

Thank you.

Electronic1982 wrote:
A_SN wrote:

Any help?
Hi, yeah that's what I think it is. My version of pro tools doesn't support 32 bit yet, it can only read upto 24bit audio. Is there any way I can change Photosounder to 24bit in the config text file?

Thank you.
No, you can either save to FLAC or use a converter.

A_SN wrote: No, you can either save to FLAC or use a converter.
Yeah, that's what I've done (use a converter), here's the link just in case anyone want's to use one to convert the resolution afterwards for anything:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

Thanks for the replies! Great service.

Hi

i'm having the same problem, not just with Pro Tools, but with Logic and Peak. It's a real pain having to convert the files every time. Is it possible to put an option in the save dialog for 16 or 24 bit?

Thanks

Ian
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote:Hi

i'm having the same problem, not just with Pro Tools, but with Logic and Peak. It's a real pain having to convert the files every time. Is it possible to put an option in the save dialog for 16 or 24 bit?

Thanks

Ian
Not in the save dialog but I'll do something about it.

Good News!

Thanks Michel.
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote:Good News!

Thanks Michel.
Yep, just so you know it'll be an option in the config.txt file to switch to 24-bit integer format for all PCM formats. You'll probably only want to make the change once and for all so I guess that's more convenient for you than having to select an option everytime you save.

Thanks !
Perhaps could it be the default value too ?

acousmod wrote:Thanks !
Well a while ago I made a thread on this very forum asking whether it should default to 24-bit integer or 32-bit float, complete with a poll and all and the overwhelming majority was for 32-bit float. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... viewresult

By the way if you have a full commercial license you can already use that by downloading the latest build (see menu Help>Check for Updates Online...). See http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 05#4483305

A_SN wrote:
acousmod wrote:Thanks !
Well a while ago I made a thread on this very forum asking whether it should default to 24-bit integer or 32-bit float, complete with a poll and all and the overwhelming majority was for 32-bit float. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... viewresult
Ah OK, I haven't seen it at this time...

Return to “Photosounder”