New girl in town: Samplemodeling Soprano Sax - UPDATE: RELEASED!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And sounds really sexy!:

Samplemodeling announced the new member of the Sax family in his forum:

http://www.samplemodeling.com/forum/vie ... 2595#p2595

What you think folks?
Last edited by Jaleo on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It sounds great, like your other products. I haven't bought any of your sample sets anyway because I'm not sure whether I'm able to handle this plugin. To create a realistic sounding sax sound using a keyboard must be very challenging. However, you did a good job. :love:

Wow-just wow!

Wow! Sounds really impressive!

Cheers
Dennis

Hey opus_diaboli, thanks for the compliment but it must go to Stefano Lucato, I'm only a fan of his work. I have the trumpet and the saxes, and both are really amazing, very very playable ones at keyboard or ewi.
To play them at keyboard you only need an (good) expresion pedal, some control over the modwheel and experienced fingers!. Don't forget to think as a sax player when playing!
Last edited by Jaleo on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds very good from what I hear!

Don't like the tinkly backing track, and uninspiring bass and drums, but the sax sounds really good. Those are Yellowjackets changes... I think I know that tune... :hihi: I like Stefanos demos.

A few transition niggles here and there, but overall really good, IMO.

BTW, the Chris Hein solo soprano sax is really good, too. I think it may only be a full kontakt lib though (k-player not included), not including whatever comes in the v4(?) horns lib, which would be k-player.

Think I'm gonna wait for my discount email and jump on this... If you see some kenny g covers pop up in the music forum, you'll know I snagged this bad larry...

Sound very good :tu:

Control of the volume will be pretty hard though without a breath controller.

Or you need more than good fingers. But well midi editing can probably compensate for that.

But it sounds really alive :-o :shock:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Stefano Lucato didn't use a breath controller. At least for this demo I think he used usual wheels and simple pedals attached to the MIDI keyboard, (but he can play, for sure)

liqih wrote:Stefano Lucato didn't use a breath controller. At least for this demo I think he used usual wheels and simple pedals attached to the MIDI keyboard, (but he can play, for sure)
Yes, Stefano Lucato just confirmed that in his facebook page, he played the song in real-time but in some few takes. Amazing!

So... now, we can name the Saxes family : BATS :wink:

'
Hi All !

Here's some info about how the instrument was recorded.

The Sax was played in Real-Time (in some few MIDI-recording takes) using only a very small number of controllers :
- Velocity (controls Attacks and legatos),
- CC11 (expression pedal),
- CC1 (ModWheel for Vibrato),
- and only one KeySwitch that smoothly morph the sound into (physical modeled) OverBlow.
You can hear Overblow in some transitions (attacks and legatos) and near the end of the Demo.
Subharmonics are automatically managed by the engine algorithms.

About the SWAM Engine (Synchronous Wavelength Acoustic Modeling ):
The instrument is powered by a new engine that is the result of the synergy of sampling + Physical-Modeling technologies.

Thanks for all appreciations ! :)

Best
Stefano

Thanks for the info about the demo Stefano. The SWAM engine sounds promising!

:D

Return to “Instruments”