Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V, Summary

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG Wave 3.V

I've collected all audio demos I made so far with the wave 3:V on my hp:
http://www.trippler.net/music/PPG_Wave_ ... e_3_v.html

Sorry for the clumsy design, I am using a very ancient web-editor. I think that it's sufficient for listening though ;)

Many thanks for your collection, Stefan. Your PPG 3.V demos are really top notch!! :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

fantastic showcase ! very soon i'll collect my (tangerine dream-ish) demos too ! :)

thanx mate

Another short sound sample, 5 PPG 3.V sounds:

http://www.trippler.net/v3/eratintereos.mp3

And no, I'm fine ;)

For a second I thought I was in some twisted opera.

Those digi bells are unmistakeably PPG.

More wicked work from Trippler aka DocT.

Cheers

randyandyvandaman wrote:For a second I thought I was in some twisted opera.

:wink:

Is there anywhere on the web where an active community discusses this VI?
I'm loving it, but having a couple of programming issues - specifically assigning 4 different 'transients' to make a multi sampled instrument.

Whitten wrote:Is there anywhere on the web where an active community discusses this VI?
I'm loving it, but having a couple of programming issues - specifically assigning 4 different 'transients' to make a multi sampled instrument.
About a forum: You could try to enter the the Waldorf forum:
http://www.waldorf-forum.com/cgi-bin/ma ... user-forum

Besides "normal" users several beta testers and/or "Waldorf gurus" are posting at the Waldorf forum.

Here at KVR mostly Rob Lee, DocT and i are related to Waldorf synths. All three of us were beta testers of the plugin. Rob and i are also working on soundbanks for the PPG 3.V.

About multisamples:

This only works with a multi setup. For 8 samples You could copy the same sound 8 times at e.g. sounds 001 to 008 in the bank. Then you choose the transients/samples you want for those 8 sounds.
In the Multi setup you then select one of those sounds for each channel. Then you choose channel 1 for all 8 parts so you could play all 8 parts at once. In the multi setup you could also set key zones for each of the 8 parts.
BTW a multi setup could be only saved with a bank file (fxb). With a single file (fxp) only a single transient/sample could be used/saved.

There are several examples of multi setups inside the factory sounds, e.g. from Wolfgang Palm so you could check how those are done.

A general remark: The PPG Wave 3.V is a bit complex in programming so in this case reading the manual is essential. Just a small hint from me.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Yeah, I keep referring back to the manual.
Thanks anyway.

Whitten wrote:Yeah, I keep referring back to the manual.
Thanks anyway.
The part about the manual was a general remark, not specifically for you. This tip is base on my own experience since i almost missed one or the other feature not long before the beta test ended!! :)

You could try my other advices about doing multisamples from my post above.
Ingo Weidner

DocT wrote:Another short sound sample, 5 PPG 3.V sounds:

http://www.trippler.net/v3/eratintereos.mp3

And no, I'm fine ;)
Love it! Fine work there, love the <<vocals>>

Ingonator wrote:
You could try my other advices about doing multisamples from my post above.
Yes, I will next time.
Thanks for the tip about saving a bank though. I don't feel it's clear in the manual. I was saving my work as a program and would have been annoyed when re-launching the song only to find my sample patch had only been partially saved.

I can't find a way to save anything I've created/edited to the user folder. I'm saving them to my own folder and loading them using the 'load bank' drop down.
All in all, having fun with this VI.
I borrowed a friend's hardware PPG 2.3 for over a year in the 1990's and used it for a lot of work. I was very sad to hand it back.
I can hear the same sounds from this plug-in.

Loved the first sounds in your "pipitschi" demo. Did you program them or were part of the presets?

Return to “Instruments”