Studio One Namm Deal

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

heffus wrote:Has anyone successfully installed Guitar Rig LE and EZDrummer Lite? How the hell did you do it? I have the installers on my desktop, but Studio one keeps telling me to insert a friggin DVD.
i havent installed those,because i dont really need them,but try drag n drop into studio one(dont know if that is the way,or if you just install them in your vst folder)

You can try...

1. Just running the installers for those things by themselves and then start S1... like installing any plugin set.

2. Dropping the installers to the Start Page (dunno)...

3. Changing the "Install From" location on the installer page so it knows where the installation package is located ... it defaults to the DVD drive...
Last edited by LawrenceF on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

does any1 know if theres a apply fx to samples function???

S-N-S wrote:does any1 know if theres a apply fx to samples function???
Bounce insert FX? If it's a VSTI (midi track with insert FX on the audio channel), CTL+B will bounce the selected events with FX and mute the selected event(s). If it's an audio track with insert FX you can render a stem to print the FX.

Here's a basic flowchart of the rendering / export options.

LawrenceF wrote:
S-N-S wrote:does any1 know if theres a apply fx to samples function???
Bounce insert FX? If it's a VSTI (midi track with insert FX on the audio channel), CTL+B will bounce the selected events with FX and mute the selected event(s). If it's an audio track with insert FX you can render a stem to print the FX.

Here's a basic flowchart of the rendering / export options.
thanks

EDIT:it works great,just one thing,lawrence do you have a tip to how i can prevent the sample/stem i export to be quiter/lower in level than before i render it as stem??
hope you know what i mean
Last edited by S-N-S on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just for the info - here's a thread that will let you be able to use the full versions of

- ezdrummer (including all ad ons)
- Kore Player (including all commercial add ons) and even
- Guitar Rig

inside Studio 1 Artist.

http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/3350.page

It might get a bit tricky but I guess it#s worth trying it. So, the downside lacking VST and AU support isn't that bad anymore.

What would one need more on making music - nice DAW, really good FX inside, a good amp simulation, a nice drum plugin and many sounds through KorePlayer and Presence (which can load soundfonts also). So what?

Regards Jens
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

S-N-S wrote:EDIT:it works great,just one thing,lawrence do you have a tip to how i can prevent the sample/stem i export to be quiter/lower in level than before i render it as stem??
hope you know what i mean
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Stem exports always go through at least the channel fader and, see the chart, the master fader if you go that route with "tracks". One of the FR's is to print pre-fader channel stems.

As it stands currently stems will reflect the channel fader level so if you don't want that, set the fader to unity gain before exporting stems.

On the one hand, leaving it alone gives you the exact mix balance you already had after the bounce if it's a stem render to recover cpu or similar. On the other hand - if you're printing stems (with FX) for archival purposes - you may not want the fader trim/pan in the stem file so the option to print those pre-fader/pan would be nice and has been requested.

But as it stands if you print a mix stem with "channels" it should sound exactly the same afterward, the mix. But, like you experienced, if you have a subtle sound way down in the mix that you're about to stem out and use in the song... I'd zero out the fader first to not print a really low audio track.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ha--Let mine run overnight with no luck--- let's get them servers cookin'!

DELETED

Should I be seeing installers for "Toontrack EZDrummer Lite" etc. in my account??

Also, should the demos/tutorials be available as well?

I just have the S1 installers (Win - Mac) and 7 soundsets to download.

:help:

For EZDrummer Lite, you have to go to the Toontrack site and register the software using the code provided by Presonus. EZD Lite will then show up in your Toontrack account, where you can download it. Don't know about the demos/tutorials. I'd like to get them myself.

the demos/tutorials should be there to,they are like 900mb

Just as an FYI, I'm not sure if the Waves deal is also still valid but you can get 6 Waves plugs for $90 with the Pro Uprgrade... $15 each.

http://www.presonus.com/landing/wavespromo1010-en/
http://www.waves.com/Content.aspx?id=264

MountainKing wrote:Just for the info - here's a thread that will let you be able to use the full versions of

- ezdrummer (including all ad ons)
- Kore Player (including all commercial add ons) and even
- Guitar Rig

inside Studio 1 Artist.

http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/3350.page

It might get a bit tricky but I guess it#s worth trying it. So, the downside lacking VST and AU support isn't that bad anymore.

What would one need more on making music - nice DAW, really good FX inside, a good amp simulation, a nice drum plugin and many sounds through KorePlayer and Presence (which can load soundfonts also). So what?

Regards Jens
Very cool if this works! Jens, if I have the full versions of ezd, kore and guitar rig do you know whether I would still need to install and authorise the lite versions in order to get the full ones working?

Poooo. I clicked on the site and saw the "2" and thought "great, there is going to be a version 2".......and it was just waves crud :roll: btw, how would they run in the x64 version since there is no bit bridge :roll: Shouldn't they include jbridge? :roll:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”