what the hell happened to Best Service KRAFTWORKER ???

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Synth-Werk

it was supposed to ship yesterday, however, the according page was removed from the BS website this morning and all relevant preview videos also removed from Youtube ..... WTF ???

Hmmm...a wild guess with no basis in fact: a lawsuit by the robotic ones themselves? It wouldn't surprise me if they were litigious, and if they had no involvement in the product..?
Pithy apothegm goeth here...

exactly what i was thinking, too. besides i seriously cant see Ralf being involved in such a feat in any way. too many secrets being revealed via KWorker, innit ?

shite ! i even thought i'd pre-ordered the damn thing ! absolutely no reply to my emails from Best Service for the second day ...

I guess it's safe to assume that it will come back under another name.

Kling-Klang, for example. :hihi:

hmm... i like this thought ! although it might be renamed into plain .. 'Ralf' !

a few years ago there was a best service sample cd (and akai cd-rom) named robots&computers. this was described as being from a well-known collection of sounds (aka kraftwerk aka ralf). when i first saw the description of kraftworker i thought that this has to be based on the same collection of sounds (maybe with some extensions). so, this also makes me wonder why there was no problem with the robots&computers cd whereas the new kraftworker compilation has been taken down. surely, bestservice must have colloborated in one way or another with ralf, no?

collaborated with Ralf ? ah hahahahahah ! no way ! as for the 'Robots & Computers' it was an incredible sampling cd (my first, in fact) and it was allegedly created/compiled by the Komputer. But why dont they (Best Service) even reply to emails concerning this .... ? aargh !

Maybe they are in some kind of legal trouble over this and need to keep quiet until it's sorted.
There's many brands registered for the brand-name 'Kraftwerk' (which means Powerstation in German language) and somebody might have thought 'Kraftwork' would be a little close a name to get away with using it for a commercial sample project.

for example (not exclusively !) the band 'Kraftwerk' has registered many things under their name as a brand :

http://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/ma ... 5744143/DE

pure guessing though, I have no idea what is really going on.
Planet Ugh @ Soundcloud & Facebook
Dusk to Dawn @ Facebook

darsho wrote:Maybe they are in some kind of legal trouble over this and need to keep quiet until it's sorted.
Good idea! :roll:

hmm... that could very well be it, i reckon.. hope it's settled soon enough though as the YT demos sounded so splendid !

It seems obvious that Kraftwerk's legal representatives waited the day before its official release to take legal action.
Darsho has the right idea - I guess we just have to be patient till this gets re-released. I can't wait - I was already planning songs in my head using this VSTi :)
Has anyone has any feedback from Best Service yet?
john von ahlen
subterrane recording studio (Parralox, Gina G, The Tenth Stage, Tankt, Mars TV)
melbourne australia
www.subterrane.com.au

still no word from Best Service (nor from Thomann or AudioMidi...)
talk about track planning based on these sounds .... Ralf has grown into a very bitter old man it seems...

states wrote:still no word from Best Service (nor from Thomann or AudioMidi...)
talk about track planning based on these sounds .... Ralf has grown into a very bitter old man it seems...

3 or 4 replies over yours a member called "bestservice robert" has answered "good idea" ..... i am interpreting this answer they have to wait until clarification (maybe with Ralf or his lawyers) about the product and don't want to tell anything by then...

states wrote:still no word from Best Service (nor from Thomann or AudioMidi...)
I guess KW would advise you to make your own samples, like they always did.

if this went down like some here think, the choice of name for the samplepack was not a very clever move by best service to begin with, tbh.
no offense, though !
I hope this gets sorted without doing harm to anyone's business.
Planet Ugh @ Soundcloud & Facebook
Dusk to Dawn @ Facebook

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”