One-Synth-Challenge 30: Farbrausch V2 - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V2

Yes I mean automatable paramters.
Well, Irion & V'ger thanks for the answer.

tattiemannie wrote:So, V'ger, whilst I see the benefits of having a shorter voting phase, I wish it could be longer ... I do like to play the whole game, as in getting a track in, and offering my views/appreciation of all other participants' entries, but the way things are, lately it has been a case of either one or the other.
Well, i always like to open doors and make more posibilities to people, i think having a few more options and choices in life makes people happier.

So if i can understand you, what you want is to have more time to sit down in your desktop, listen all the tracks and make some detailed reviews about the tracks, right?

Here goes my solution.

I think somehow, you can be warned by Soundcloud when a new track arrives.
While people is uploading their tracks, you could start to make those reviews in real time.
And posting in a word document in your computer.
For the last entries, (day 30-31th as maximum) you have most part of the work done.
So you just make the last reviews and share them in the vote post. And also you would have almost 15 days to write down the last details.

Maybe i didn't understand your message, which is the most probably :hihi:

Have a good day Tattie :)

@Irion,

Thanks for your help.

I'm using Presonus Studio One.

I can load only the single version and it only has one preset.

I'm fairly new to this - I've seen .fxb files but not sure how they work or how to use them.

cheers

David

Well, i downloaded the demo version of Presonus to help you propertly. Not bad. But the registration data and all the things you need to make a simple Demo to work is a pain in the ass, really. But don't worry.

I noticed that the multi version of V2 can't load any preset, all of them are the same sound when you change patches. The same happened to me in FL Studio and the changing of patch was a mess.

Here goes the trick:

The single version goes perfect and loads presets. In fact, you can change presets in the top of the synth. As in the image i made.

Clic here to make it bigger

So forget about the multi version, and use only 'Farbrausch V2(single).dll' which loads presets and goes perfect. You don't need anything more.

If you still having problems, i recommend to you to use Reaper for this month, which is practically the same as Presonus.

Good luck :)

Someone posted the "Anvil sound demo"... :?

[EDIT}: maybe Anvil himself.

oh what a buggy plugin. i cannot count the crashes and the systems restarts I had to do because of it or the times when it wouldn't change the sound when changing patches. It's much to ask for a freesynth to be both that complex and reliable.

Anyways, I will up my song a little later.

bzur wrote:Someone posted the "Anvil sound demo"... :?

[EDIT}: maybe Anvil himself.
Yeah, definitelly is Anvil. The creator of the second soundbank for Farbrausch V2.

I already sent a polite message to him some hours ago in SoundCloud, but no reply from him yet.

Anyway, if he were here with a legal text entry etc, i would say to him the track is not expected to voting, due all those melodies and scores are copied from famous Trance tracks. Which is not allowed in the contest. Just original stuff.

Also i think he is not expecting to be voted anyway or even to win, due it seems he just wanted to share the demosoundbank in the group with a track.
But it seems people never read rules :?

Anyway i'm waiting for bad cop V'ger to talk about what to do.

Have a good day and thanks again :)

ok so here's my submission for this month:

Car Chase On Ocean Drive

12 instances of Farbrausch in Reaper.

-3 tracks for beats
-2 tracks for melody and overdub
-2 reverse tracks from melody-overdub
-2 tracks for the solo
-2 tracks which sound like 2 razors, lawnmowers or hopefully cars/motorcycles coming from behind into a tunnel.
-1 track for some other effect

Effects used:
Kimu and Freeverbtoo

Automations:

pan,volume and reverb on a few tracks. one filter automation.
Last edited by sly fly on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Composer - Song Name
Irion Da Ronin - Orion

Equip
Pentium 4 Windowds XP 32bits.
2,60 Ghz, 2 Gygabytes RAM.
SoundBlaster Extigy soundcard, Skull Candy 20-20000 Hz Headphones.
FL Studio.

Instances
19 instances of Farbrausch V2

Built-In Effects Used
Flanger/Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Distortion, Filters, Compressors, Ring Modulator.

Free External Effects

MGTempoDelay
Arc Dev ET301 (DubDelay - I didn't used the modulation knob)
TAL Moog Filter
TAL Reverb 3

Mastering

Main Host EQ
RoughRider (Punchy bastard, i love it)
Thomax Lundt Loudmax

Automations

Master Volume to Fade Out.
Panoramics.
Volumes.
Filter Sweeps.
Reverb Wet amount.
Volumes on Pads to make them 'pumping', sidechain effect without compressor.

The song

Clic on the image to download directly or go to SoundCloud to play it before.

• I see you sometimes along the year, somewhere.
    I stare at you and too many things comes into my mind.
    Recalls of a nice past life.
    Long time without sharing words with you.
    But i still see you sometimes along the year, somewhere.
    I still remember you...
    I would like to see you again...
    ...And talk about Orion.
Well, not much to talk about it, Orion is my favourite constellation since i was 17.
I can see it from my window in spring and summer.
And it has a special and sentimental value to me.
I just wanted to make a Trance track to make an imaginary travel to the center of Orion, and another trip to my memories.
I made the track in 6 Hours.
All the arpeggios are handmade. I never used arpeggiators.

Nothing more to say, i hope you all enjoy the track and please, be patient until the main part comes, i know the trance style is very personal and not many people like it.

Any problem, let me know.

Have a good day :)
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orion - he's the guy with the big dangly 'sword'. Right?

Nice track by the way. :tu:

MajorBloodnok
Red peppers in dynamite sauce? I must have been out of my mind!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello together,

sorry I din't saw the KVR-Threat . I've searched before for the popular free synth "tyrell n6" from U-He & Amazona. Somehow i've been landing direct on the KVR-One Page and listening to the amazing sounds. I've overflight the rules, it was my fault. Sorry for that.

Yes, I'm (DJ) Anvil, and here Livna (=Anvil backwards, use it sometimes, if "Anvil" couldn't be taken).

Well than i would like to contribute my Song "Braindead" in V2 version without any mastering.

Braindead was done because i love Peter Jackson's Movie Braindead. The Baby "Selwyn" is great. You cann see it on the front-cover.

I've delete the Sounddemo Part 2 from the contest, and had uploaded the "braindead" song instead.

PS
The Original Version is here (incl. Sources: http://openanvil.blogspot.com/2009/09/d ... l-mix.html (http://openanvil.blogspot.com/2009/09/dj-anvil-braindead-original-mix.html) ). But there was no V2 used...

Have a good start in the new week. And keep on handling on the V2-Synth. It's worthy!

cheerz

DJ Anvil
trance rulez

@Irion

That's very kind of you to help - I feel as I definitely need to enter the challenge now as you've gone so far out of your way to help.

I was having some sort of display problem where the GUI extended off the screen but I've started a new song now and it's working OK.

Does the single version do the speech stuff? Reading these posts seems to say it doesn't.

Anyway I'll play around with it.

Thanks Again.

Interesting also, as I thought the demo version of S1 didn't allow foreign plug-ins.

:)

MajorBloodnok wrote:Orion - he's the guy with the big dangly 'sword'. Right?

Nice track by the way. :tu:

MajorBloodnok
@MajorBloodnok

Lol, firstly i read "Irion - he's the guy with the big dangly 'sword'. Right?" :lol:

And i was going to tell you "Sorry, maybe i looks like rude sometimes deleting and cutting tracks from Soundcloud site with my sword. But i'm very sweet, really." :hihi:

Yeah, Orion is the constellation about the swordman.
I'm glad you liked the track, thanks :)

@Anvil
Welcome aboard Anvil.
I didn't listen your track yet, but just in case, i hope you sticked to the rules.

Main rules are:
  • -Make a track with the synth of the month (you can use all instances that you need)
    -You can use free external effects which can't be modulators (like distortion, phaser, flanger, chorus, vocoders, etc) But of course you could use all the built-in effects.
    -No external samples or voices, guitars, etc. Just the synth, that's the point. But you can sample into a wave a sound from the synth for CPU saving or because you required, always that you don't use it to make fancy or weird effects. This is, if you make an arpeggio, you only could to trigger that waveloop in C5 root note (which sounds the same as the original sound)
    So you can't change of note or make weird effects with it.
But better read all the rules >>> here.
Some of them are updated and there are new rules.

And always that you have time, try to explain what you used for your track please, to make a proper entry and encourage people to try new free effects or learn about tricks and tips from you.
For example, what effects did you used, how many instances of the synth, your host and a few little details like those.

I'm glad to have you here.
And don't worry about the other track, you are easygoing and polite, not like SandyScribbles which was spamming tracks and passing our OSC rules all over the balls.

@Davebarry
Nice Dave, it's cool you could make it work.
I hope you can upload the track before 31th day.
And no, in the single version you can't make sounds the speech synth.
Even with the multi version is difficult to make it work propertly.
My speech synth was slapping and dropping out some ugly noises while speaking :hihi:

But here goes another trick. You could use other host, use the speech synth to make some voices, and render out only those sound separatelly, so you could load as sample in your actual host. Always sticking to the rules of course, so, as i said before to Anvil, you could trigger that sample in C5. Problem solved.

Someone used Forx before, maybe you can make V2 Multi works propertly with it too.

Have a good day everybody :)
You see? I'm sweet LOL. :hihi:

livna wrote:Hello together
Welcome :tu:

Equipment DJ Anvil [Made in Germany, Düsseldorf]:

Producing:
Samsung R 70 Despina Notebook [Made in China]
2 Ghz, 2 Gygabytes RAM.
Terrasoniq Phase X64 Soundcard [Made in Germany, Düsseldorf]
Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone [Made in Australia]
AKG K 701 Mastering-Headphones [Made in Austria]
Technics RP-DJ 1210 DJ-Headphones [Made in Japan]
AKAI LPK25 Keyboard [Made in China]
Korg Nano Control [Made in China]

Multimedia:
Samsung LE40C750 3D LCD 40" TV [Made in Slovakia]
Onkyo TX-SR507 AV Reciever [Made in China]
2x CANTON Gle 409 Stand Speakers [Made in Germany]

Double Backup through 2x HDD & Software Personal Backup 5:
Samsung S2 1TB HDD 2,5" [Made in China]
Western Digital Elements 1,5 TB HDD 3,5" [Made in China]

Mobile:
Samsung Galaxy S2 [Made in Korea]

Host:
Ableton Live 7 / Samplitude Music Studio 16

Midi Composing & Editing:
Anvil Studio

Composer - Song Name
DJ Anvil - Braindead (V2M Version)
Well, the Problem is, that i couldn't find the *.als Source for Ableton Live. But i have sad sth. about it in my Post before. There had been no mastering or any external fx. The main advantage of this synth is, that you could make damn small files, close to the midi size. And that is what i've done with the v2m version of Braindead.

I've run just one instance, and in ableton i've sended many midi channels to channel one (multi-synth up to 16 channels, right?). channel 1 & 2 where percussions, than surely the bassline. and i think 3 or 4 for the melody and pads.

I think you could hear the problems with the Sound-Quality. It was played in WINAMP Player & recorded "live & analog" through mp3 direct cut. so not a host mixdown. sorry for that. i didn't have a good mp3 version rendered before. but hope you like it anyway. just want to be there on the contest ;) just 4 fun.

ok, enough from me. now it's your turn. enjoy the music.
trance rulez

Return to “Instruments”