One-Synth-Challenge 30: Farbrausch V2 - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V2

OK :)

So, I've been doing a lot with time stretched audio and I've come up with the idea for an OSC using only Paul's Extreme Stretcher.

I've done this
http://soundcloud.com/abstractcats/torchkaosecho

I should say that I did this on some really cheap head phones, I did get a great pair of KRKs and I'll be remixing this and more.

With only Extreme Sound stretcher and thought it might be a good "challenge".

The FX are Arto Vaarala's Kirnu and some reverb and EQ.

Now to see if ant one else likes the idea :D

It's a good idea, but the problem here is, this challenge is only and restricted for synths. From there comes the name OSC One Synth Challenge.
Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

But, i know there are other challenges in Music Cafe forum zone, where the challenger suggests to make a song only with a main 'theme'. For example, the last month was a challenge to make a song using the portamento-legato-glissando thingie somewhere in the track.

As you can see, those challenges are more "open-minded" to others things which don't have any in common with synths, which is the main theme here: Only synths, and the most part of them are free.
I thought you were to suggest a new synth or so hehe, so sorry for that.

Anyway, i encourage you to talk with the challenger to make a song with your idea, in this case, Time-Strech. So you could make tracks like you posted. Send a private to the challenger and look what he says to you.
I think people in KVR, collaborators and moderators are kind guys and will take your idea for a future Music Cafe challenge. So good luck with that Abstractcats. :)

And remember that you are welcome to this V2 challenge if you want to participate, of course. Just read the rules, and give us a nice track made with V2 before the deadline day. If you have any doubt, just post here and we will help you as soon as possible.

Have a good day :)

IrionDaRonin wrote:It's a good idea, but the problem here is, this challenge is only and restricted for synths. From there comes the name OSC One Synth Challenge.
Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

But, i know there are other challenges in Music Cafe forum zone, where the challenger suggests to make a song only with a main 'theme'. For example, the last month was a challenge to make a song using the portamento-legato-glissando thingie somewhere in the track.

As you can see, those challenges are more "open-minded" to others things which don't have any in common with synths, which is the main theme here: Only synths, and the most part of them are free.
I thought you were to suggest a new synth or so hehe, so sorry for that.

Anyway, i encourage you to talk with the challenger to make a song with your idea, in this case, Time-Strech. So you could make tracks like you posted. Send a private to the challenger and look what he says to you.
I think people in KVR, collaborators and moderators are kind guys and will take your idea for a future Music Cafe challenge. So good luck with that Abstractcats. :)

And remember that you are welcome to this V2 challenge if you want to participate, of course. Just read the rules, and give us a nice track made with V2 before the deadline day. If you have any doubt, just post here and we will help you as soon as possible.

Have a good day :)
Very good points, it would have to be called the OUC One Utility Challenge ? :D. But that would begin to bog down the OSC and loos focus, so this idea would probably fit in the music cafe challenge much better indeed. Thanks for the input IrionDaRonin :)

numerologia wrote:
V'ger wrote:A tip for Reaper users is that to automate parameters with V2, it wont work to just write arm the track and move a knob in V2 like you normally do for some reason, you have to get the parameter as track envelope or track control (knob) manually by clicking the 'param' button and > 'FX parameter list'.
Thanks for the advice, I'm using it with Reaper 4 Beta right now, and it's crashing a lot when I try to automate some parameters, and I haven't been able to make it talk...yet. :P Everytime I move the knob for the speech phrases it freezes Reaper.

It's like this synth is possessed by Satan.:shock:

If anybody can make it sing or talk please share the trick with us...Until now I have only made it freeze, puke or laugh at me. :help:
Automation works in 3.76, but if I open V2 gui while it is playing the automation I will also get freezes. This must be related to something trying to show the sliders in V2 moving when they can't.

So the solution is to keep V2 in the background while doing the automation and recording that to wave, or alternatively, start V2 as a dedicated or separate process which seems to cure this bug.

Can people with DAWs other than Reaper report how automation is working please?

But you mention moving the knob for speech phrases, which one do you mean?

abstractcats wrote:OK :)

So, I've been doing a lot with time stretched audio and I've come up with the idea for an OSC using only Paul's Extreme Stretcher.

I've done this
http://soundcloud.com/abstractcats/torchkaosechoD
Nice, how much of a stretch is that?

Yippiiieeh!

We are beginning to see the light. V2 finally talks to us - and we are talking through it!

Hear yourself on
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3044332/whoareyou.mp3

V'ger wrote: Automation works in 3.76, but if I open V2 gui while it is playing the automation I will also get freezes. This must be related to something trying to show the sliders in V2 moving when they can't.

So the solution is to keep V2 in the background while doing the automation and recording that to wave, or alternatively, start V2 as a dedicated or separate process which seems to cure this bug.

Can people with DAWs other than Reaper report how automation is working please?

But you mention moving the knob for speech phrases, which one do you mean?
The parameters that came from the the "Readme" file from V2:
Additionally there are two hardcoded MIDI CCs: CC#4 is responsible for selecting
the currently spoken/sung line (from 0 to 63) and its speed (from 64 (fast) to
127 (slooooooooooow)), CC#5 can change the voice's color from male to female or
various comic figures.
Everytime I move one of these, the sound gets freezed and I have to shutdown V2. I'll do it with the synth in the background to see how it behaves.

Thanks for your answer.

Sadly enough, I can't use it at all. :(
My Cubase 6.02 always sets it on the vst blacklist and my Ableton Live 8.2.2 keeps crashing without any error message.
It seems that I get a little summer break. :wink:
EAT - SLEEP - SYNTH
http://soundcloud.com/pocvecem

Ah now we're getting somewhere, a readme! Should have thought of that.. :oops:

- The speech synth
------------------------

The speech synth is a special insert effect which resides on Channel 16 (no, there's no way to turn it off). You can define text lines in the "Speech" screen of the editor, where you find an adaptive english-to-phonemes translator at the top and up to 64 strings (of phonemes) at the bottom. In the phoneme strings there are two special chars: "!" makes the speech parser wait for a note-on signal, "_" will make it wait for a note_off. That way you can synchronise the speech to the notes. Additionally there are two hardcoded MIDI CCs: CC#4 is responsible for selecting the currently spoken/sung line (from 0 to 63) and its speed (from 64 (fast) to 127 (slooooooooooow)), CC#5 can change the voice's color from male to female or various comic figures.

But you say knob? So you have the midi cc mapped to knobs? Via some plugin?

I've been playing a bit with this now, and no freeze or crash if just enter the midi cc's directly in the item's midi cc lanes. But it doesn't sound much better than before, although they are definitely changing the sound.

pocvecem wrote:Sadly enough, I can't use it at all. :(
My Cubase 6.02 always sets it on the vst blacklist and my Ableton Live 8.2.2 keeps crashing without any error message.
It seems that I get a little summer break. :wink:
Shame that, but of course Reaper demo is fully functional with save so in case you dont feel like a break, there's always that.

V'ger wrote:
abstractcats wrote:OK :)

I've done this
http://soundcloud.com/abstractcats/torchkaosechoD
Nice, how much of a stretch is that?
The song its self is built if individual stretches, each about 5-10 seconds of audio. For the "synth/ambient-ish" stretch it is about about 10 seconds. The drum parts were built from edits of stretched audio and modified in FLS with Edison via the time stretch function in Edison.

All the parts were laid out in the piano roll using DirectWave vsti.

I like the effect of ARPing the stretched audio as well but I think it could use much improvement.

Since I'm using head phones at the moment I just got a new pair of KRK 6400's and I'm going to do a new version so I should get a better mix.

RuediRena wrote:Yippiiieeh!

We are beginning to see the light. V2 finally talks to us - and we are talking through it!

Hear yourself on
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3044332/whoareyou.mp3
It speaks!!! :hihi:

I'm on Ableton Live and the only version I can use is the "single" version, the other versions crash - especially when I try to load a sound bank. Plus the other versions do not play presets, just the one sound from the preset list (no matter which I choose). Very buggy synth. Even buggier than Chimera (which was buggy but brilliant IMHO).
Edwin James Lynch (aka "Objectman")
Dead Eddy | Day Job | Follow Me

The multi version was never able to change patches except via old-school program changes on a midi track, so no point to use it except for the speech synth which needs midi ch 16.

Here's anyway the default and Anvil bank (the one for download here at KVR) for V2 in FXB format for those interested. (the names are a mess even with the normal anvil bank)

bzur wrote:It speaks!!! :hihi:
Right. And it is learning fast.

Now it counts four to the beat in German. :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3044332/1-2-3-4.mp3

Enough of that and off to earn some money.

Return to “Instruments”