3am - unattained (another improvised jam)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRAF
11412 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:19 am

Here is another improvised track, pretty minimal compared to most of my other stuff.

unattained
http://soundcloud.com/justin3am/unattained

Eurorack modular and V-Synth sequenced by Numerology and accompanied by drums from the Octatrack.

Thanks for listening.

KVRAF
2645 posts since 21 Jul, 2004

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:54 am

wonderful stuff Justin. there's some delicious sounds going on in there.. gives me a feeling of meat and machines. excellent.

neil.

KVRAF
5554 posts since 13 Feb, 2006 from Wiesmoor, Germany

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:59 am

Excellent as always! Nice to hear something new from you again :)
Thanks again for the great music!

Cheers
Dennis

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Meat and machines! :lol: That should be the name of my next album.

Thanks for listening guys.

KVRian
699 posts since 26 Jun, 2003 from UK

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:41 pm

Nicely strange and strangely nice...I liked those twangy/clangy sounds about halfway in, and the drums were pretty fierce. It doesn't sound improvised, it has real focus - hats off to you for achieving that :)

KVRAF
8072 posts since 12 Dec, 2003 from Canada

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:47 pm

Damn, really miss hearing you Justin... so good! Your beats always have such insane focus. Nice ethnic touches in this one as well. The sounds you're wringing out of your synths are as classy as ever.:tu:
Image Image

KVRAF
6179 posts since 4 Oct, 2007 from Escaped At Last

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:09 pm

I like that industrial style filter swept snare? type sound that has an ugly clang to it (clangy, ringing ugly snare-type sounds i have a soft spot for) and the tuning going down. Dope jam my friend

Cheers/Nice (certain special ugly) one

Dean

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Hey, thanks Dean. Yeah, I'm particularly proud of that snare. It started it's life as a multi-mic'd Black Beauty that I tracked myself (for an unrelated sound design project) but it got twisted and manipulated in all sorts of wrong ways. :D

I was waiting for someone to comment on the tuning... or lack there of. I've just gotten tired of keeping analog oscillators in tune (especially when heavy FM is involved), so I don't really bother anymore. :lol:

Thanks for listening.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:33 pm

polyslax wrote:Your beats always have such insane focus.
On this track, it's the Fatso. That box is literally magic. I can't even explain adequately. It keeps individual sounds clear and seperated but glues them together at the same time... I don't even know. Normally I'm super techy about this kind of stuff but the Fatso just sounds like black magic to me. :D

KVRAF
8072 posts since 12 Dec, 2003 from Canada

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:11 pm

justin3am wrote:it's the Fatso. That box is literally magic.
Dammit Justin, I thought we had an understanding that you wouldn't use the "F" word in front of me again?. My wallet just threw up and ran screaming out of the room. :hihi:

Nah, I hear ya... Kush, Fatso, UBK, these are permanent search words on my system... one day my friend.
Image Image

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:27 pm

That's what you get for posting those pretty pictures of your Ebbe unt Flut. :lol:

KVRAF
10194 posts since 13 Mar, 2009 from UK

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:55 pm

One of the advantages of "minimal" is that the listener can more easily hear exactly what is going on! Nice sounds, especially the percussion.

KVRAF
6179 posts since 4 Oct, 2007 from Escaped At Last

Post Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:08 pm

justin3am wrote:Hey, thanks Dean. Yeah, I'm particularly proud of that snare. It started it's life as a multi-mic'd Black Beauty that I tracked myself (for an unrelated sound design project) but it got twisted and manipulated in all sorts of wrong ways. :D

I was waiting for someone to comment on the tuning... or lack there of. I've just gotten tired of keeping analog oscillators in tune (especially when heavy FM is involved), so I don't really bother anymore. :lol:

Thanks for listening.
Well sounds such as a snare within electronic music can make or break a track for me personally. I listen to little electronic as you know but the electronic i do enjoy is because i am really into certain sounds that my ears are just pulled towards. No explantion i can give on that but thats the way my ears malfunction ;)

The tuning thing, Well again it caught my ear, Thought it was done that way/deliberate for a reason and if you had not said otherwise i would think its there for a 'messed up in a way' that appeals to my "taste"...It just works

Finally Im with polyslax, I have many uses where a Fatso would be most welcome (even the lowly stock variant would be fine :love: ). Not jealous, You work damned hard for your personal toys plus polyslax flashed you his Ebbe unt Flut :hihi: fairs fair and its my own fault i have kids :lol: + the guitar/bass gear whore which i am rises above and smothers the half empty rack's screams

Got quite a few pieces of steel to send your way, Will definately be in touch when i have them ready/linkage :D

Thanks for sharing

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Got quite a few pieces of steel to send your way, Will definately be in touch when i have them ready/linkage :D
Looking forward to it! Thanks again, friend.

KVRAF
5554 posts since 13 Feb, 2006 from Wiesmoor, Germany

Post Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:21 pm

I can't stop listening to this track. This happens everytime you post something :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Return to “Music Cafe”