Studio Units plugins now free (Windows only)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio Units
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF
Topic Starter
2607 posts since 18 Mar, 2011 from Spain

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Free Studio Units plugins in download section

Studio Units Software has announced that the newly released Studio Units version 1.1.2 for Windows is now completely FREE (with all previous restrictions on functionality removed).

Changes in v1.1.2:
  • Noise-free unlocked patches.
    Locking function enabled.
    Does not require activation.
The Studio Units plug-in collection is a new framework for bespoke MIDI and audio processor design:
  • Effortlessly combines instruments and effects in new ways.
    Seamlessly integrates with plug-ins from other manufacturers.
    Converts between plug-in parameters, MIDI controllers and audio signals.
    Free library of essential audio engineering tools and bizarre inventions.
There are 33 SU plug-ins, which are building blocks that can be used to create more sophisticated sound processors. The SU library combines these plug-ins in the following effect patches, available without the purchase of a licence:
  • Analog Equalizer
    provides a ten-octave equalizer modeled on analog electronic circuits.
    Delay Equalizer
    is a feedback delay that offers panning, rectification, ping pong and filtering options.
    Low-pass Filter
    is a filter with a smoothly variable cutoff frequency.
    Low-pass Follower
    modulates filter cutoff frequency based on the envelope of the input signal.
    Mastering Equalizer
    exhibits linear phase characteristics and extreme levels of inter-band separation.
    Mastering Limiter
    provides a way of increasing perceived output levels in a neutral-sounding way.
    Multiband Compressor
    applies vacuum-tube compression to the individual octaves of a signal.
    Tape Compressor
    emulates the compression characteristics of analog tape recorders.
    Transient Controller
    allows independent control over attack, decay and sustain components of audio signals.
    Tube Follower
    modulates vacuum-tube saturation based on the input signal's envelope.
    Tube Vocoder
    combines its left and right inputs as carrier and modulator, also utilizing vacuum-tube emulation.
Windows only, sorry.
I will test all of them in some minutes.

Have fun and have a good day :)

Vospi
KVRist
230 posts since 1 Jun, 2011

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Will test in REAPER.
Really, really great news, I will happily run some tests tomorrow morning.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

audiovet

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:03 pm

DELETED

glokraw
KVRAF
8965 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Are you able to load a native sonar or other vst plugin into the SU composer gui?
The help key should load the manual. Around page 18 are the load/add operations,
which are slightly different. If it's last in the su chain, it should be able to route back to sonar. I would also think the main su output should do this, regardless of the order of effects in the chain. This is maybe more like building a reaktor fx ensemble,
than just routing fx, but it appears you can do routing, without micromanaging, from perusing the pdf.
Cheers

glokraw
KVRAF
8965 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Vospi wrote:Will test in REAPER.
Really, really great news, I will happily run some tests tomorrow morning.
I tried this in linux with reaper, and it appears to work OK, the gui elements
function, the dll files scanned, bezier i/o cables worked, and the routing
in reaper connected. Lots to learn on my end. The very good pdf/chm docs
and website will help.
Cheers

audiovet

Post Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:10 pm

DELETED

stuartdavis
KVRer
10 posts since 31 Mar, 2006

Post Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:28 am

audiovet wrote:Could somebody please explain how to use this for side-chaining? daw's like sonar are limited with sidechaining so this could be really helpful. The manual mentions sidechaining can be done but doesn't go into detail about how to do it,.
FYI I've added a sidechaining topic to the SU forum, here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

audiovet

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:28 am

DELETED

stuartdavis
KVRer
10 posts since 31 Mar, 2006

Post Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 am

audiovet wrote:Thanks for that...so I now I understand that routing however unfortunately that routing still reflects sonar's routing essentially. What I'd like to do be able to do is have the sidechaining even if the comp doesn't have a sidechain input. Sort of like in protools how you can route a track to the input of another track. is this even possible or am I dreaming?
I'm not sure what you mean, but what you want may be possible by using an SU effect loaded as an insert on one track containing an SU transmit module and another SU effect on another track containing an SU receive module. Audio and/or midi could then flow from one to the other. :?:

Return to “Effects”