Kairatune, new synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I solved polyphony 8)

Well, to be honest, Piz did

http://www.thepiz.org/plugins/

First take the one called midiPolyphony and rout it to three different midiChannelFilter. Set midiPolyphony low channel to 1 and high channel to 3. Set one midichannelfilter to 1, the next to 2 and the last one to .. you guess it :P
Route these to one instance of kairatune each

Poly! :D

I use energyXT where you have modular routing but i think it should be doable in several hosts

It's hard to program a sound in mono mode and have it working for poly .. :) very easy it becomes too heavy in the mid frequencies

It was a fun thing to try out, but i think ill stick to monomode. If not only for the reasons mentioned in a few threads above 8)
:hug:

Wow! That's the spirit. Hats off! :)

I doubt that Kairatune would ever sound as good in polyphony as one might imagine. Somehow i personally have a totally different feeling for polyphonic sounds. If i ever was to design a polyphonic synth i guess i would go to a totally different direction - i don't want it loud, i wan't it mellow. :D

mfa wrote:Wow! That's the spirit. Hats off! :)

I doubt that Kairatune would ever sound as good in polyphony as one might imagine. Somehow i personally have a totally different feeling for polyphonic sounds. If i ever was to design a polyphonic synth i guess i would go to a totally different direction - i don't want it loud, i wan't it mellow. :D
Your synth can do mellow, so don't try to find excuses :hihi:

Nice synth! Unique sound!

Two wishes now:
1. Please also add Portamento Always mode.
2. OSX version :)

Nice sounds and pleasant GUI.
Thank you.:)

ENV1 wrote:+ The Q params of the EQ seem to be offline. (No effect whatsoever.)
mfa wrote:This i'm not able to duplicate.
Actually, neither am i.

(My mistake...please dont ask.) :D

mfa wrote:It sounds so bad that one instinctively thinks that there's something broken. :-o But there isn't. It just doesn't work like that. :(
Thats really too bad. With the drive at 30 you can clearly hear that certain 'modded 303' kind of sound, its just that it is so horribly suppressed/crushed that it would never be usable. Truly a shame. This would be such a cool sound source. :(

BTW, speaking of old classics, did you know that Kaira does a pretty good CS-80 too? Soundquality-wise it beats the hell out of certain 'other' so-called CS-80 emulations, (not mentioning any names), and that even though Kaira was never even meant to be a CS-80 emu. Although, theres a little bit of OB-X in there too. Check this out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=lis ... order=date

I think you would agree that the ability to adjust the detune amount (or better said its amplitude peaks) would be veeeery useful in this case. While still absolutely usable for playing short/semi-short notes, (which is of course the main thing), held notes become somewhat problematic since the whole thing gets a little too squashed at the peaks...

Is it intentional that the lowpass filter has less and less resonance towards the high frequencies? What I mean is, if I set resonance to max and sweep the filter, it starts losing resonance above about samplerate/10 or so, and becomes more or less flat at around twice that (maybe a bit higher but anyway, no resonance at very high cutoffs).

I don't get that either.

Btw Mystran, any new plugins in the making? I'm always checking your website for news.. :D

zeep wrote:I don't get that either.

Btw Mystran, any new plugins in the making? I'm always checking your website for news.. :D
Yeah, but I don't wanna hi-jack this thread.

Man, a quick heads up: While reading through this thread I was in auto-nod-mode listening over and over to that nice demo tune on your website! Somehow at first I still expected somebody to yell something like "stire farter!" :hihi:
Very nice.

Very cool synth, thanks. :)

Btw, I am also one of those who think that polyphony wouldn't hurt it. :D

Cheers.

mystran wrote:Is it intentional that the lowpass filter has less and less resonance towards the high frequencies? What I mean is, if I set resonance to max and sweep the filter, it starts losing resonance above about samplerate/10 or so, and becomes more or less flat at around twice that (maybe a bit higher but anyway, no resonance at very high cutoffs).
Isn't that normal in most synths? Filter resonance is used to emphasize the amplitude of the frequencies at (and close to) the cutoff frequency. Higher frequency = less resonance you will hear... but you can also make the sound resonant to a point where the filter will start to self-oscillate (if filter and res are "high quality"/using good algos).

mystran wrote:Is it intentional that the lowpass filter has less and less resonance towards the high frequencies? What I mean is, if I set resonance to max and sweep the filter, it starts losing resonance above about samplerate/10 or so, and becomes more or less flat at around twice that (maybe a bit higher but anyway, no resonance at very high cutoffs).
Hello mystran!

To begin with, i have to thank you for all your advice on the devs' forum! There's a good bit of mystran in this synth.

The resonance roll-off is absolutely intentional. I think it sounds great - musically. It's required for stability too. The filter goes increasingly unstable with high resonance as the cutoff goes up.

Now, before this thread goes all math and DSP, i'd suggest we continue on the gory details of filters on the devs' forum. :)

ENV1 wrote:BTW, speaking of old classics, did you know that Kaira does a pretty good CS-80 too? Soundquality-wise it beats the hell out of certain 'other' so-called CS-80 emulations, (not mentioning any names), and that even though Kaira was never even meant to be a CS-80 emu. Although, theres a little bit of OB-X in there too. Check this out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=lis ... order=date
Oh yes, that's a very good and massive synth sound. I never tried a CS-80, but it's the Blade Runner synth right? A true classic!
I think you would agree that the ability to adjust the detune amount (or better said its amplitude peaks) would be veeeery useful in this case. While still absolutely usable for playing short/semi-short notes, (which is of course the main thing), held notes become somewhat problematic since the whole thing gets a little too squashed at the peaks...
Yes that's true.

zorniko wrote:Your synth can do mellow, so don't try to find excuses :hihi:
I like it! And it's pretty mellow. :P Holding one of these down for long time, really makes you want it to just go on and on, but then it kind of dies. :( Great preset, thanks! Just have to live with it lasting only the few seconds it does.

Return to “Instruments”