season finale

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

classic tv themes extreme covers 10-12:

http://rachmiel.org/kvr/mystery_cover_10.mp3
http://rachmiel.org/kvr/mystery_cover_11.mp3
http://rachmiel.org/kvr/mystery_cover_12.mp3

one's easy(ish) to identify, the other two ... ?

1) Mission Impossible

Still listening to the others!

rack 'em! MI is correct, well done. :-)

out of curiosity, how long into the piece were you when you AHA'd Mission Impossible? i'm wondering if that opening one second long "fuse" trill/tremolo is enough to get it.

For mp3 #2: at 6, 14 and 25 seconds I clearly recognize the theme but just can't place it. It's on the tip of my pointed brain.

Awesome!
The second MP3 drives me crazy. I know what it is but I just don't know what it is :hihi:
First I thought it would be "Die Sendung mit der Maus" :hihi:
The third mp3 reminds me of the Simpsons but I guess it is something else.

Cheers
Dennis

hersoot, it'll come. ;-)

bronto, it IS simpsons (#3). nicely heard. :-)

as for #2, as hersoot says, fairly clear excerpts from the main theme appear here 'n there, but they go by quickly and are often quite skewed.
Last edited by rachmiel on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I finally remembered! #2 is I Dream of Jeanie.

bin-go! :-)

thanks, everyone, for listening to my little cover puzzles. i had great fun composing them, and i really enjoyed watching the process of your getting them.

next: i'm going to make very short (10 seconds?) extreme-cover excerpts from very well-known pop tunes. my goal is to see how little -- in duration and pitch/rhythmic clarity -- one needs to recognize them.

rachmiel wrote:next: i'm going to make very short (10 seconds?) extreme-cover excerpts from very well-known pop tunes. my goal is to see how little -- in duration and pitch/rhythmic clarity -- one needs to recognize them.
In Russia there's a TV show called 'Guess A Melody'. The goal is guess a melody based on the first notes played on a piano. They usually start with seven notes which is pretty easy to guess. But in the end they raise stakes and some people guess a melody based only on the first three notes.
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

rachmiel wrote:rack 'em! MI is correct, well done. :-)

out of curiosity, how long into the piece were you when you AHA'd Mission Impossible? i'm wondering if that opening one second long "fuse" trill/tremolo is enough to get it.
That first second was a big pointer. By 5 seconds I suspected MI. I had the answer by about 20 seconds, but there were so many clues in there that I would have had to have missed '70s TV entirely not to get this right. I think this was one of the easier pieces in the series.

Loki Fuego wrote:
rachmiel wrote:next: i'm going to make very short (10 seconds?) extreme-cover excerpts from very well-known pop tunes. my goal is to see how little -- in duration and pitch/rhythmic clarity -- one needs to recognize them.
In Russia there's a TV show called 'Guess A Melody'. The goal is guess a melody based on the first notes played on a piano. They usually start with seven notes which is pretty easy to guess. But in the end they raise stakes and some people guess a melody based only on the first three notes.
nice! :-)

also fun is to try to get a melody by hearing the rhythm only.

rachmiel wrote:rack 'em! MI is correct, well done. :-)

ah, yeah. :D

that would also be an interesting puzzle/game:

find the shortest bit of a song that makes that song recognizable (to a good listener who knows the song well).

i bet a half second could do it for some songs. maybe less ... ? :-)

Is #2 'Bewitched'?

herodotus wrote:Is #2 'Bewitched'?
Oops, I didn't realize that it had already been guessed. I always did mix those two shows up. Hot magical chicks with husbands that had sticks up their asses...

Return to “Music Cafe”