3am - Ruegnat (ear bugs)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made this while thinking about our dear friend Runagate. That guy is f**king weird, right. I think he'd appreciate these sounds. I hope he gets a chance to hear them.

http://www.3amnoise.net/ruegnat.mp3
http://soundcloud.com/justin3am/ruegnat

All the sounds are from my modular synth, processed with an Eventide PitchFactor, Kaoss Pad KP3, and Octatrack. Sequenced from Numerology, using a Novation Launch Pad to manipulate the sequence.

Yeah, it's longer than it needs to be...

Well, whatever this is, I think I just had like 5 seizures. And an aneurysm. It 'twas enjoyable tho, I can say for sures.

weirdo. and i mean that as a compliment. i thoroughly enjoyed that :D

neil.

Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Dude, that's amazing! Great soundscape, nice mesh of mechanical, organic, insect-like sounds. The kind of bend-y or tape stop-y sounds, is that from twisting the PF, or maybe it's the Kaoss, or ??
Image Image

Oh yeah, runagate, would be great to have his twisted perspective back here again. I think I spotted him on G+... should drop him a note and see what happens. :)
Image Image

Thanks guys!
polyslax wrote:The kind of bend-y or tape stop-y sounds, is that from twisting the PF, or maybe it's the Kaoss, or ??
That is the Kaoss Pad. The PF is doing the occasional high pitched, splintery delays which happen more toward the middle and end.

Some very cool stuff going on in this. My favorite part is probably the last few minutes, when it seems some poor man is trying to tune in some avant-garde jazz on an ancient radio but failing because he's being eaten by mechanical insects.
No longer a moderator.

I also like the last few minutes the best. If someone is just going to listen for a few minutes, they should skip to the 9min mark. This was another one of those things where I just didn't want to stop recording. I was having too much fun. 8)

I just had a flashback while listening to this.
I was way back in 1982 humpin the dogs leg.
Yea I know...it was pay back time for old Dusty.
Good pluckings going on there.

These some crazy sounds for roaches and critters. It has a landscape of a factory of sorts, things klanging away here and going wrong there. Even though it's probably a very small factory, the sounds feel somehow light (opposed to heavy).

this might actually be a little too much for my tastes, ears desperately were seeking for remnants of unnoticed melodies, just to make sense of this. nowhere to be found... fun thing, though :)

Lovely sounds Justin
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Thanks for the comments, gentlemen.

Superb :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

You are too kind. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”