One-Synth-Challenge 35: Diva - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE

RULES:
Submissions MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE!

Song(s) must be submitted before 1st January (KVR time)

PRIZES:
U-he: Plugin of choice

Wusik : Wusik Station V6 Full + Wusik EVE V2 Full

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Frantic Records : Free choice of 2 soundsets: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Luftrum5 - a ReFill for Reason

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Here we go with this amazing synth.

It's beta yet, so if you find any inconvenient, just let it know to Urs Heckmann, the master.

The synth comes with no presets, so it will be a double challenge for some presets tweakers.
The sound from it has incredible quality.
Reminds me of a MiniMoog Model D with steroids (in a digital world), but still sounds alive and with character.

I heard that is was going to be an easy to tweak synth for newbies, but when i tested it, it's a bit more complicated than it seems. I still prefer Zebra, spectral synthesis makes me horny, lol. (Girls too)

At the moment it is weight on CPU, but you all can use the bounce trick to save CPU. Maybe the last version will have a CPU usage reduction, i hope.

Nothing more to say, have fun with it, create nice presets for U-he (they deserves it) and good luck in the challenge.
This month i'm in.

Have a good day :)

It's Diva! Wonderful! :hail:

This would have been our proposal for this months, but we didn't dare to do so, because OSC somehow becomes kind of a (well deserved) one man show for Urs Heckmann and u-he.

This is going to be exciting. Yeehaaw! :D :hyper:

I'm in :love: with this beautiful synth!

The timing is perfect with the Dec 31 expiration of the free beta.

So excited!!! :D

edit: Was just thinking there will probably be lots and lots of entries. Perhaps one entry per contestant would be a good idea?
Last edited by evo2slo on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Awesome choice! And runs on a Mac! :D

Sadly, I'll be traveling this month and lack the time... Good luck all.

:) Yea it's really a peach but uses a lot of CPU, but as far as I can tell not much worse than Tyrell and that didn't stop the punters.. Sure another beta which isn't ideal, but this shouldn't have any showstoppers.

Shame you can't make this time Joe, but it was always clear December would be difficult for many, but with the free beta expiring this month it had to be now.

And right about the Uhe-SC RuediRena :hihi: but only fitting with the quality from that developer and this free beta opportunity of surely one of the best synths ever made couldn't be missed. I didn't realize myself the beta was free until the end of the year so you should have tipped about it, but luckily Olikana did so this should be a good one. 8)

No presets eh :wink: and URS too!! Interesting. Maybe it's time for me to break up my loooong osc hiatus

edit: nevermind :) just wanted to ask if its time limited, then I read the posts above.. :oops:

I've never actually participated in one of these, but I have a lot of free time this month and will be looking forward to this!

I read through the rules, and I apologize if this is an often question, but is there a list somewhere where I can see common freeware plugins to use for effects/processing? I've always used my DAW specific ones when not using external vsts, so I don't actually know the general selection when it comes to this.

Oh... I'll add a u-he plug of choice for the winner :)

Diva link is pointing to Sonigen, might want to fix that.

Diva, this should be a challenge. I am not too worried about performance since I am using an i7 based laptop. What would be interesting is if everyone posted how many tracks they had to bounce to get the song recorded. Well, it would be interesting to me anyway.

Thank you Urs! :tu:

@JD Gaffe: No list, but a good stop is Variety of Sound's page, ReaPlugs from Cockos and the Classic series from Kjaerhus. Just remember that part modulation effects as in modulated delays for example are still modulation effects.

@Alphuris: Thanks, missed that when copying over.

V'ger wrote: @JD Gaffe: No list, but a good stop is Variety of Sound's page, ReaPlugs from Cockos and the Classic series from Kjaerhus. Just remember that part modulation effects as in modulated delays for example are still modulation effects.
I'm a little confused when it mentions the use of external modulated effects, I understand chorus, phase, etc but what exactly about delay and reverb?

Also, so I'm able to just use Reaper and all of it's internal plugins freely? That'd be great.

Some delays and verbs have modulation hardwired so are in reality modulation effects.

About Reaper plugs, almost all are in the ReaPlugs package which anyone can use, but notice not all of them are. (like Reaverb etc)

Return to “Instruments”