LFO "Gain" knob in Sylenth1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted this in the Lennardigital forum but didn't get any response. I'm trying to understand -exactly- what the "Gain" knob on each LFO is actually doing.

Most soft-synths simply have you set modulation destination, LFO rate, and Amount (with perhaps other things like delay, etc): but Sylenth has a "Gain" knob on each LFO, and I can't figure out exactly what it's doing. It definitely is changing the result of the modulation rather drastically, seemingly as though I were just cranking the Amount knob all the way...which makes me wonder what the relationship is between the Amount and the Gain knobs. The manual was no help. If Amount = full, what is increasing the LFO gain actually doing? If you set it to 0, there is no modulation, which seems like it's acting just like the AMT knob, after the AMT knob....

I don't get it. Please help.

thanks,
-M

I dont have Sylenth installed on my new machine atm but iirc Gain is absolute and Ammount is relative.

So ammount will modulate until gain value is reached. And gains sets the maximum of available modulation.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:I dont have Sylenth installed on my new machine atm but iirc Gain is absolute and Ammount is relative.

So ammount will modulate until gain value is reached. And gains sets the maximum of available modulation.
Interesting...but very different than the one response I got in the lennardigital forum; you say the Amount knob is relative to the setting on the Gain knob; the guy over there says one multiplies the other. In both cases, I'm still not sure I understand the actual -need- for it at all.

Hope lennard will chime in over there!

Thanks for the response,

-M

Return to “Instruments”