Omnisphere question in one instance FL studio many different patches

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i was once told that i shouldnt use many instances of omnisphere to save required processing, and should use for example 1 instance with all slots instead 8 instances with 1 slot used.

but how should it work? if i use the extra effects channels from my DAW i have to use more instances if not i can do it in each patchslot of 1 instance.

ok for exmaple i got 1 instance of omnisphere with 4 different patchslots used, how do i play them on my piano roll seperated from each other? this isnt possible is it?

Caine123 wrote:i was once told that i shouldnt use many instances of omnisphere to save required processing, and should use for example 1 instance with all slots instead 8 instances with 1 slot used.

but how should it work? if i use the extra effects channels from my DAW i have to use more instances if not i can do it in each patchslot of 1 instance.

ok for exmaple i got 1 instance of omnisphere with 4 different patchslots used, how do i play them on my piano roll seperated from each other? this isnt possible is it?
You assign separate audio & midi tracks for each patch. I've bever used FL, but surely it's easy.

Caine123 wrote:ok for exmaple i got 1 instance of omnisphere with 4 different patchslots used, how do i play them on my piano roll seperated from each other? this isnt possible is it?
Does Omnisphere have multiple outputs? (I'm sure it does). If so, open the wrapper for Omni and select Automap outputs from the processing tab to route the outputs to separate slots on the mixer.

If you want to use 1 piano roll then you have to set each slot its own midi channel (in Omni) and use different midi channel within FL piano roll to enter your notes (1 - 16, each one being a different colour, select them from top of piano roll).

Or, use Midi Out channels. Set the Output port of the Midi Out to the same as the input port on your Omni instance, and set each Midi Out you add to a different midi channel corresponding to each Omni slot.

Omnisphere comes prepared with multiple outs in mind. Part 1 sends MIDI to channel 1, and sends the output to output 1 and so forth. All you need is to open up Omnisphere's hood in FL Studio (small button almost top left). Click on the Processing tab, and click on Automap outputs. Now when the outputs has been assigned close the hood, (same button again), and head over to the piano roll. You select MIDI channels through the colored box almost top left. Omnisphere supports all MIDI channels, but it has only 8 parts assigned to channel 1 - 8. I hope this helps, and don't miss my xmas gift to y'all.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

thanks for the replies, i have to figure it out and hope to get it i always used 1 instance with the piano roll in fl studio 10 for each instrument, if i wanted to have 2x massive vst i had 2 piano rolls 1 for each patch.

That's because Omnisphere is multi-timbral hence you don't need to use multiple instances since it is only a waste of resources. IIRC Massive is not.

Don't get tensed up. I know this is complicated as a beginner to grasp FL's ways sometimes. So let me show how to use the multitimbral mode through pictures:

When you launch Omnisphere it is important that you start by setting up the multi outputs. This is accessed in the plugin settings. You access them by pressing this button:

Inside the settings window you must press the Processing button.

There you have a frame containing the available outputs. You can asign them on your own, but I never do that. Instead I press the button labeled "Auto map outputs. This will set up the synth to use the outputs after the initial output. I.e. Omnisphere has 8 outputs. If it's initial output is 3 then the last output will be 10.

Now when the outputs has been designed it's time to understand the parts system.

You see the buttons 1-8. And you see the color box as well. The color box is to select different MIDI channels of the plugin to use. The two topmost rows in the color box matches the 8 parts of Omnisphere.

Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

jobromedia wrote:That's because Omnisphere is multi-timbral hence you don't need to use multiple instances since it is only a waste of resources. IIRC Massive is not.

Don't get tensed up. I know this is complicated as a beginner to grasp FL's ways sometimes. So let me show how to use the multitimbral mode through pictures:

When you launch Omnisphere it is important that you start by setting up the multi outputs. This is accessed in the plugin settings. You access them by pressing this button:

There you have a frame containing the available outputs. You can asign them on your own, but I never do that. Instead I press the button labeled "Auto map outputs. This will set up the synth to use the outputs after the initial output. I.e. Omnisphere has 8 outputs. If it's initial output is 3 then the last output will be 10.

Now when the outputs has been designed it's time to understand the parts system.

You see the buttons 1-8. And you see the color box as well. The color box is to select different MIDI channels of the plugin to use. The two topmost rows in the color box matches the 8 parts of Omnisphere.

WOW! so easy? never thought of that :D.

many many thanks mate, this is a great tutorial how to do that, this will optimize making music with omnisphere alot i hope, i cannot thank you enough for this great tutorial :)!
one tiny thing i just made a channel 2 and when i click on "2" it still plays the sound of channel 1 back (blinking at channel 1) not 2 :(

the only prob i have now is that i think you cannot put each piano roll in a seperate mixer channel? cause i like to have seperate effects for each patch so i can easily automate for example nice panning, delay effects, have to checkout how to automate omnisphere within fl studio 10!

jobromedia wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:41 pm That's because Omnisphere is multi-timbral hence you don't need to use multiple instances since it is only a waste of resources. IIRC Massive is not.

Just wanted to say that this was exactly what I needed, thank you so much!

Return to “Instruments”