One-Synth-Challenge 36: Synth Vote

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's another synth vote for the upcoming OSC.

Again a selection of 10 synths to choose from, including the top 3 from last vote.

So please vote as you would OSC entries by giving 5pts to your favorite, 4 to second favorite and so down to 1. Votes must be in before 1st January (KVR time) (In case of equal scores after voting, synths will be separated by how many 5pts they got, then 4pts and so on)

Hahaha CS33

Tunefish v3

Rez 3

K700

Plex

Subduer

Kairatune

TAL-U-No-62

KX-Synth-X16

Autogun

Oh good. I was hoping we'd get to vote for the next one...

Well it was very close to being an Any-One-Synth or even another Synth1 one since people might have the new year blues or got some fancy presents during Xmas and too busy to learn a new synth, but they can anyway vote for Autogun if that's the case.. ;)

Unless I manage to get my other projects done early, it doesn't look like I will have an entry in the Diva contest. If I do get one in, it will be at the last minute. That makes next months contest all the more interesting.

So here are my picks:

1. Kairatune 5pts - I picked this one because I love it. When I first installed it, I ended up playing with it for hours. It was just so much fun. The fact that it is monophonic would really put an interesting spin on the contest.

2. Tunfish v3 4pts - This is second because I think it has some very interesting tonal possibilities.

3. Autogun 3pts - I like the introduction of a random element into the mix. It would be a good test to see what each person can do with what they can find rather than what they can create. Intriguing.

4. KX-Synth-X16 2pts - I think the mod matrix offers some interesting possibilities.

5. K700 1pt - Just because I think its dual nature looks like it could be fund to play with.

Those are my preferences. Let's see what others say.

JJBiener wrote:3. Autogun 3pts - I like the introduction of a random element into the mix. It would be a good test to see what each person can do with what they can find rather than what they can create. Intriguing.
Totally agree what you wrote. What can do people with just a random sound synth?
I will set my votes today or tomorrow.

Have a good day :)

5: KX-Synth-X16

4: Rez 3

3: Subduer

2: Hahaha CS33

1: Autogun
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

All I can say so far is Autogun will get 5 points from me, and that's before I've even heard it. Best OSC Ever!

ok, my votes after a little fiddling...
5-Autogun
4-Hahaha CS33
3-Rez 3
2-Kairatune
1-Uno62

1) K700 - 5 Points
Fat sound, very alive analog flavour. I could make another ambient Vangelisque track, I just love the Krakli stuff. People shouldn't watch in another direction when Krakli does a new synth, and he does for free!

2) Autogun - 4 Points
I'm just lazy lately and running out of creative energy since i did two tracks this month, to be honest, lol. But also, a total random sounds would be a nice experiment for OSC community and also, easy for all. People would be more focused into the arrangement and creating melodies, than in create presets or messing around with parameters, so it would be a relaxing OSC for these holydays.

3) Rez 3 (monophonic) - 3 Points
I'm thinking on making a completely different track this month with it, more abstract and minimalistic, so i vote for it. I still love Ugo stuff too and i'm still missing a Rez 3 OSC.

4) Plex 2 - 2 Points
Nice stuff, and new GUI (improved graphics) added in the new version as i read. Something i want to experiment in depth and in OSC would be a nice chance.

5) Kairatune (monophonic) - 1 Point
Amazing for pure electronic tracks, great sound, but i'm not on the electro mood at all. Anyway i will bring a track in case this synth wins.

<<Edited to please KX77Free, with all my pleasure :)>>

TAL-Uno62
Not a high range of sounds. Although it has great quality "emulating" a Juno the range of sounds it's a bit limited compared to the others. It's a good synth, i like it, i love TAL stuff (but i prefer Noizemaker) but i'm in other mood. Not much completelly analog style, not emu. I need some easy this month. I don't want fart analog basslines for the next month. I need to take a rest of farts! (lol)

Subduer
Exactly the same as above. I used this synth some time ago for some of my tracks, i like the sound and what can bring us. But again, analog. (I love Chimera)

HahahaCS33
Exactly the same as above. But also, this synth has a nice GUI, easy-to-go

Tunefish
Well, this synth it was going to be the number 6. Nice quality from it, a easy to understand GUI. You can take good timbres from it, but again, i'm thinking in another thing for this month. Another good one. And also the creator made a nice work fixing the GUI.

KX-Synth-X16
Another synth that i like, but due i firstly tested in a low equip some time ago and the CPU was high (now i have a new CPU) and the huge modulation that bring us, made me vote for another more easy-to-understand/more easy-to-go synth for this month. Also, i need a little rest, about completely analog synths with a huge amount of parameters and modulation. I know the range of this it's much more extensive that previous and the overall quality too.
Also i must say that i love the GUI, but i'm looking for another easier thing this month.

Sometimes the factor to choose a synth or other it's not only the quality. aswell it counts other factors like:
-What i need to do?
-What is the mood i'm running?
-Need i something easy to tweak?
-Need i something complex to tweak?
-What kind of track i'm going to compose?
-Is it capable my low equip to move all those CPU cycles?
-Does have the synth a great amount of presets?
-Does have the synth the capability to make nice/inspiring sounds with almost no work?
-Does have the synth a nice GUI which makes me focus on the synthesis?
-What kind of style i can earn with this synth?
-What kind of sounds i can earn with this synth?

Too many factors, too many choices.
Said this, i didn't choose X or Z because they were bad, nothing of that, all synths are good, they has an effort and love behind them (and much more if they are free), we can choose our style, we can compose our music, and that's what it matters.

Merry Christmas everyone :)
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

1) uno62
very minimal features ,good sound...fun. pt5

2)do i have to vote for autogun to vote for "any one synth of choice"? pt4

3)tunfish pt3
hm...interesting...spline,additive and all the rest...but a bit scary too

4)kairatune pt2
pretty gui with all the lights and stuff

5) subduer
i remember trying this one yeeeeeeeears ago...and at the time i enjoyed it.

Still hoping to find time to enter this month's competition, but next month should be clearer, so my votes are:

5pts: Rez 3 - nice distinctive sound, I like monophonic
4pts: Autogun - pretty random, but sometimes that can be productive
3pts: Tunefish - interesting feature set, would like to explore
2pts: Plex - something fresh and new!
1 pt: TAL U-No-62 - nice focused features and sound
Last edited by coincidental on Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

5 Plex (Really enjoy that big palette of sounds)

4 Kairatune (Awesome crisp and clear sound)

3 K700 (mix of the 2 points above)

2 Tunefish (does awesome drums and lots more)

1 Autogun (no automation sux, but sounds are great)

5pts----> KX-Synth-X16
4pts----> Kairatune
3pts----> Autogun 8)
2pts----> Plex
1pt-----> K700

5.Kairatune
4.Tunefish v3
3.Hahaha CS33
2.Plex
1.KX-Synth-X16
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music

5 pts: TAL-U-No-62
4 pts: Kairatune
3 pts: KX-Synth-X16
2 pts: Tunefish v3
1 pt: Autogun
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Return to “Instruments”