Polyslax - Liquid Black

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Opening up 2012 on a bit of a cinematic note.

Liquid Black

7:11 mins

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Image Image

Really nice work. A great collection of complementary sounds. This piece has a comtemplative feel to it. Love the drums. Was that a real kit? Sounded pretty good to me.

8)

Thanks a lot Tim!

That's C&V on the kit. My number one choice for that sound. Wait for one of the SDX sales and you can grab it cheap. :)
Image Image

Feels like it could be a great opening to a movie...or the Year 2012. I have to agree with seismic, those are some really nice drums!
I feel the shaker might be a little loud in the mix though, and maybe a little too much bass from the bass rhythm that comes in shortly after the shaker.
Love the arangement though! And the piano sounds great!

Sounds really nice tonight. Sometimes, late in the evening I like to put my headphones on about half way over my ears, with my studio monitors a little lower in volume than the headphones, and listen while I relax. I don't know why this combo of headphones and monitors sounds so good at night. Anyway, your song really sounds good. I was captured with the first few notes. I'm going to listen again now. Thanks!
Gone synthing! :phones:

Thank you guys, much appreciated!
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Opening up 2012 on a bit of a cinematic note.

Liquid Black

7:11 mins

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssswwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

OMG I couldn't sleep and so I thought I had better get back into the KVR groove and this is my wondrous gift-this lovely music. Takes me to a place of Cerebral Beauty, peace and calm, and well you get the idea.

Now I must know what instruments your using please? Piano-bass-drums-orchestral-flute thingy and so on?

Yet another lovely composition Matt! :)

Cool! What's happening in the next shot? I expect some conversational part after the intro where the people were walking around and the hero of the movie was driving along long long roads. Very cinematic. Deep.

Cool. Great drums, as mentioned, loads of good sounds (and good sound, of course), plus a guest part for the prog lord. Thanks, polyslax.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks again guys! Yeah, DHM, I thought about prog too. Chuck, it's Orchestral Essentials on the cinemtaic sounds and piano... and on the percussion as well. Bass is Trilian.
Image Image

I'm confused.

It's almost 'normal'

What happened? :shock:

It's also excellent :D

wow. utter lushness. i'm lost for words :)

a great start to 2012 Matt!

neil.

nice one, enjoyed much.

Cheers for the nice words gents! :)
Image Image

beautiful work matt :love:
"any path is only a path..."
www.soundcloud.com/tatsama

Return to “Music Cafe”