Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

tatanka wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:38 am
upcoming ShineVerb Creative Reverb Processor
Eight years now waiting and your posting (another......) new product in THIS thread, that feels kind of strange for me, sorry.
I feel ya bro. True. Been using other FXs/Amps instead of the inbuilt ones.
The developer should know that we loved his software for it's capability and NOT for its inbuilt FXs/Amps. Hope he gets his priorities straight. :hihi:

Hi,

yes - I understand people waiting and asking for a updated version of IronAxe, mainly because years have passed from my first statement about this. But I assure I am (and I was) in good faith :)

About development status : IronAxe version 2.x "strings" physics engine is almost complete. This time, a 3d motion / vibration for each string is simulated, with a ultra-natural energy dispersion over time and a lot more.

The central point is : IronAxe version 2.x will be a completely new product, with a way more accurate physics simulation and (possibly) with a simplified interface.

IronAxe version 2.x will NOT be "a 64-bit build of IronAxe version 1.x". So, a 64 bit version of the current IronAxe will not happen. If you just want to run IronAxe version 1.x in your 64-bit host, just use a 32-to-64-bit bridge. All bridges I know work flawlessy with IronAxe.

As a general rule, 32-bit plugins have not to be deprecated : a good 32-to 64-bit bridge should never miss in today's studios.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Cool, that´s good to know Iron Axe still alive...

Sure, IronAxe is definitely alive !

What I want to say with my previous post is that the current IronAxe version 1.x must NOT beconsidered as an incomplete version of IronAxe, with a missing 64-bit support.

IronAxe version 1.x is a solid and complete software, available as a 32-bit plugin. By using a good bridge IronAxe version 1.x will work forever in any DAW/Host supporting VST plugins.

The natural destiny of a 32-bit plugin is NOT to be replaced by a 64-bt version of itself. This is valid for any existing plugin.

"This time, a 3d motion / vibration for each string is simulated, with a ultra-natural energy dispersion over time and a lot more."

Are you considering MPE support as well?

Hi Nor17,
nor17 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:11 pm "This time, a 3d motion / vibration for each string is simulated, with a ultra-natural energy dispersion over time and a lot more."

Are you considering MPE support as well?
IronAxe version 1.x already do support MPE. To say the truth, IronAxe version 1.0 has been released on 2012, a time when MPE was not a standard yet and was not a MIDI extension yet. But...

IronAxe has a "MIDI Guitar" control mode, you have to select this mode to use a MIDI Guitar as a controller. A MIDI Guitar is very similar to a MPE controller : in MIDI Guitar controller mode, each of the 6 strings in IronAxe are assigned to a separate MIDI channel (strings E-A-D-G-B-E assigned to ch 1-2-3-4-5-6), so that is a good starting point - maybe a few adjustments are needed on the MPE controller side (things just like setting the proper MIDI channel, etc).

I remember (and you can find a couple of videos on YouTube, if they have not been removed) years ago some Users played IronAxe (in MIDI Guitar mode) with a LinnStrument multichannel MIDI controller.

Do you need beta testers for IronAxe 2.x?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Thank you for your offer tonedef71 :) but at now there's no need for betatesters.

I would buy a 64 bit version 2 of this if it will be possible to bypass any amp/cab thing and only can use the string simulation with my preferred software ampsims (atm softube amproom and the UAD Fender)

As in IronAxe (current) version 1.x, also in IronAxe version 2.x it will be possible to bypass the stomp boxes, cabinets, etc. and use others from 3rd party.

IronAxe version 2.x will have a much improved FX section (in terms of DSP accuracy), and probably the whole FX section signal path will be updated/modified. Anyway the release day is not "imminent".

I for one look forward to the version 2 because IK have been releasing all these wonderful MODO instruments - that is, except the damn guitars and it's been many years now waiting and seemingly no guitars in sight.

So perhaps this will be of great help in the meantime and might even sound a little different depending on the modelling algorithms.

I cannot stand using samples for guitar parts. It is just not realistic enough. Between the notes is where the life of a guitar sound is. Samples cannot realistically replicate that, as good as they sound, they just cannot pull that off.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

IronAxe version 2.x
I believe it if its released. Another two years gone, so we can celebrate a decade waiting on version 2 now :party:

Wonder how many products (again) will be released before version 2.....

It's like waiting for MODO GUITAR LOL.
It's been 5 and 1/2 years since MODO BASS has come out and thus far we have had 2 updates on the basses, one update for the drums and...no guitars. Maybe modelling guitars is a whole lot more difficult than one would assume even if they are a seasoned guitarist.

I can't wait for either IronAxe 2 or MODO GUITAR to come out.

benjamind wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:37 am I can't wait for either IronAxe 2 or MODO GUITAR to come out.
me too... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Ooh, what happened here?

Is it still been worked on? Or has it been abandened?

Return to “Instruments”