"Atmospheric Transients" soundset for Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V is available (10 free presets available)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PPG Wave 3.V

Hi everyone,

i did not post here at KVR for a while as i had a new time limited job as a Physics teacher which will end in around two weeks.

Now that the Musikmesse in Franfurt is coming Waldorf Music finally managed to release my "Atmospheric Transients" soundset for the Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V softsynth.

http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/ppg-wave- ... dsets.html

The soundset is available at the Waldorf Online Shop at a price of 30 Euros:

English:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... D=23169495

German:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... D=23169495

The manuals (with descriptions of all presets) are available here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53230726/Ingo% ... nglish.pdf
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53230726/Ingo% ... eutsch.pdf

A short description from the Online Shop:
"This soundset for Waldorf PPG Wave 3.v contains mainly Pads and Polysynth Sounds. In addition some more sounds from the categories Lead, Key and Arp are included. For approximately three quarters of the sounds samples were used which in the PPG Wave 3.V are called „Transients". This is the origin of the second part of the title. Those samples were done over a longer time with the help of a various hardware and software synthesizers and other plugins."

The soundset contains a bank of 128 presets, 6 Multi programs and 99 samples with a size of 182 MB. Those samples were created using new presets for the Virus TI synth, Way Out Ware TimewARP 2600, Waldorf Lector, Cableguys Curve, NI FM8, BLOK Modular, Camel Audio Alchemy, NI Absynth, Synapse Audio Dune, CFA Sound MonoGrizzly, FXpansion Strobe, FXpansion Amber, Korg Wavestation EX (hardware), Korg Polysix (Legacy Collection) and Korg MS-20.
I am happy to announce that i had a permission from Steve of synth magic to include samples from his Quadra Kontakt instrument and from Soniccouture to include samples from my own presets for theit fantastic Novachord Kontakt instrument!!
I also thank the DNR Collaborative for allowing the use of some waveforms from the "DNR Anatomy01" waveform collection.

Of course there are also a bunch of presets that use the internal wavetables of the PPG Wave 3.V, mostly based on the new wavetables which wolfgang Palm created for the PPG 3.V.

At the links above there are a few demo songs for some of the included sounds which also include two fantastic demo songs made by my friend Steve Porter from Synth Magic.
The song "Ingo Weidner - PPG Wave 3.V_From Hannover With Love" uses a Multi program for using 8 chromatic samples of a virus TI synth. Usually the PPg 3.V could only use one sample at once. the song "Ingo Weidner - PPG 3.V Mega Nova" uses samples from Soniccouture Novachord.
Of course those sounds/samples are improved by using the fantastic PPG filter and the built-in FXs like e.g. Chorus and Reverb.

Hopefully i will add a few more demos here soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Solution for a possible problem with the digital delivery from the Waldorf Online Shop

A few customers reported that the samples folder for the soundbank is missing.
It looks like there is another download link for the samples in the email which the customers get from Waldorf.
The important part of the email looks like this (link address is made illegible):
"in the attachment you'll find your Atmospheric transients soundset for PPG 3.V from Dr. Ingo Weidner.
Please download the Samples needed for this from our Server:
http://*****************/***********/Atmospheric-Transients-Samples.zip"

The last part is the link for the samples.

The ZIP file includes a folder called "Atmospheric-Transients-Samples". Please copy that one into the destination where you got the other files of the soundset (also see the manual). You could also rename the folder to "Samples" but that should not be necessary.

I found that this link does not work in Safari for Windows but it works in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

This should solve the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------
ADDITIONAL AUDIO DEMOS:

1.) Another audio demo from my friend Steve Porter from Synth Magic:

http://soundcloud.com/ingoweidner/steve-porter-ppg-3-v

--------------------------------------------------------------
NEW (2.4.2012): Offer for 10 free presets (+ samples)

I had the idea to create a small bank of 10 prestes/patches from my "Atmospheric Transients" bank and offer this as a free download to everybody at KVR. This will include a bank file (.fxb) with the 10 presets and 7 samples which are required for those. The remaining 3 patches use the internal wavetables.
Of course you are not allowed to redistribute those presets and especially the samples.

The download link for the 10 free presets (+ 7 samples):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53230726/IW%20 ... nk%201.zip

Installation:
Please copy the folder included in the zip file into the „ Local Libray " or „User Library " of the PPG Wave 3.V Plugin. Normally the "Local Library" could be found inside the installation folder of the plugin like e.g. "\vstplugins\Waldorf\PPGWave3.V Sounds".

---------------------------------------------------------

Those who do not own the Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V plugin so far could check the presets using an valuation license:
http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/ppg-3-evaluation.html
This license could be used either as an soft eLicenser on your HD drive or with an USB dongle (eLicenser).

The download of the latest version v1.02 is available here:
http://www.waldorfmusic.de/en/version-102.html

Th full version could be purchased at the Online Shop . An upgrade from the Waldorf Edition is available too:
http://www.waldorfmusic-shop.de/epages/ ... D=18661114

Best wishes,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Congrats on the bank release - Hope it does well! :)

RandomWave wrote:Congrats on the bank release - Hope it does well! :)
Many thanks for your reply. I it just sells as good as my Blofeld bank (see my signature) it would be already good. :)

This bank was already finished a long time ago but there seemed to be some trouble at Waldorf with both missing time (new products, NAMM show etc.) and the fact that their Online shop had problems handling big files like this. My soundset is around 180-190 Mb (due to the samples) and their biggest before was around 70 MB.

PS:
I just sent a PM to you.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi everyone,

at the other PPG thread i got a message about a possible problem with the purchase of my bank:
clif321 wrote:I got the Atmospheric Transients bank from the Waldorf site and a lot of the sounds are reporting in the browser display that the associated transient file is "not found." Does this mean I have a problem with the download or the installation? The download appears normal but the transient files in question don't appear to be in the sample directory that came with it. Thanks in advance for your help.

EDIT: I think I found the problem -- the zip file in the download link emailed by the Waldorf shop after my purchase is missing the "samples" directory. This needs to be fixed ASAP as I assume all other buyers will have the same problem. Thanks.
I will contact Waldorf today but an answer should not be there before tomorrow.
I also told clif321 that he should check the link which he got again andn i sent him one from my own file hoster via PM. Of course i could not do the same solution for everyone except if Waldorf sends me the email addresses of all customers.

The ZIP file of the bank including the samples should be around 140 MB big.

Everyone with the same problem could please send me a PM including his email address and name so i could send those directly to the responsible persons at Waldorf.

Best wishes,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner

I just got an PM from KVR member Gucky that he got the same problem as mentioned above so it seems to be a general problem. somehow the "samples" folder seems to be missing in the ZIP file which the customers received. The ZIP file should be around 140 MB big like i already mentioned above.
I sent Gucky another link from my own file host too but i could not do this for any customer until i got a list of email addresses of all customers from Waldorf which will not happen until tomorrow.

UPDATE:
I just sent an Email to Waldorf about the problem including my own link for files and the suggestion to send me the email addresses of all customers so i could send a link myself until they solved the problem on their server (if there is any but it looks like that..).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

The Atmospheric Transients bank/archive I received directly from Ingo for review and testing has no sample load errors and is complete.

It very easy to install as well. Simply drop the main "Ingo Weidner - Atmospheric Transients" folder containing all the sub-folders and files (including "Samples") into the "PPG Wave 3.V Sounds" directory and load the Atmospheric Transients .FXB from the browser.

I'm sure Waldorf will have it sorted out soon enough. :)

Cheers!

RandomWave wrote:The Atmospheric Transients bank/archive I received directly from Ingo for review and testing has no sample load errors and is complete.

It very easy to install as well. Simply drop the main "Ingo Weidner - Atmospheric Transients" folder containing all the sub-folders and files (including "Samples") into the "PPG Wave 3.V Sounds" directory and load the Atmospheric Transients .FXB from the browser.

I'm sure Waldorf will have it sorted out soon enough. :)

Cheers!
Hi Dan,

i just got a reply from Waldorf.

Looks like there was another download link for the samples in the email which the customers got.

The important part of the email looked like this (in german, link address is changed):
"Im Anhang finden Sie Ihr Atmospheric Transient Soundset for PPG 3.V von Dr.Ingo Weidner.
Bitte laden Sie auch die Samples hierzu von unserem Server herunter:

English translation:
"in the attachment you'll find your Atmospheric transients soundset for PPG 3.V from Dr. Ingo Weidner.
Please download the Samples needed for this from our Server:

The last part is the link for the samples.

The ZIP file includes a folder called "Atmospheric-Transients-Samples". Please copy that one into the destination where you got the other files of the soundset (also see the manual). You could also rename the folder to "Samples" but that should not be necessary.

I found that this link does not work in Safari for Windows but it works in Internet Explorer.

I hope that this solves the problem.

UPDATE:
I just got a PM that the way i described above seems to solve the problem. The download link which is included in the EMail from Waldorf seems to work in both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome but got problems in Safari for Windows (which i normally use)
I added the solution for the problem to the OP of this thread.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hi,

i just got another confirmation from KVR member Gucky that the prodedure shown in my last post works.
Like already mentioned i added this at the end of the OP so people with the same problem could check there first. The basic solution is easy: The email from Waldorf contains an extra link for the samples.

I am working on more demos now. First ones will be Pad sounds (those not already used in the other demos) which are the majority in this bank.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hi everyone,

i just received another audio demo from my friend Steve Porter from Synth Magic:

http://soundcloud.com/ingoweidner/steve-porter-ppg-3-v

A nice atmospheric track. All sounds except the drums are from my Atmospheric transients soundset.

Like i already mentioned i am working on additional demos too.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Having spent some time with Ingo's excellent new "Atmospheric Transients" bank this weekend, here is an overview for those interested.

The majority of the sounds in AT focus on the custom sample playback capability in the 3.V. The 100 + sample material contains various unusual analog style saw waves, vox type sounds and interesting digital-hybrid material. There are also some nice solina-like samples. The sample material is a great addition that provides excellent source material for the set and to mine for new creations of your own again and again - particularly the wide collection of saw waves from various synths noted in the manual.

Many of the programed sounds range from a core group of excellent analog style poly synths and pads that are perfect for anything prog rock to electronic. The pads and synths offer a variety of poly punch to softer and wider pads and strings - all of which are quite playable. The sounds include assignments for pitch bend, modulation and aftertouch as well.

Some of the included material could easily be mistaken for a Yamaha FS1R in design, style and feel - particularly some the vox type sounds which is a bit unexpected and surprising coming from the PPG. Use of the 3.V effects and wavetable scanning add to the effect. The "Blue", "Bono" or "Robotic" are good examples of these particular FS1R-like sounds.

The bank is an excellent representation of not only what can be done with the enhanced features found in the 3.V, particularly the sample import and addition of effects, but simply a great collection of new synth sounds and samples with an added "vintage" crossover flavor and vibe.

A must have for anyone who has a 3.V. Well done!

RandomWave wrote:Having spent some time with Ingo's excellent new "Atmospheric Transients" bank this weekend, here is an overview for those interested.

The majority of the sounds in AT focus on the custom sample playback capability in the 3.V. The 100 + sample material contains various unusual analog style saw waves, vox type sounds and interesting digital-hybrid material. There are also some nice solina-like samples. The sample material is a great addition that provides excellent source material for the set and to mine for new creations of your own again and again - particularly the wide collection of saw waves from various synths noted in the manual.

Many of the programed sounds range from a core group of excellent analog style poly synths and pads that are perfect for anything prog rock to electronic. The pads and synths offer a variety of poly punch to softer and wider pads and strings - all of which are quite playable. The sounds include assignments for pitch bend, modulation and aftertouch as well.

Some of the included material could easily be mistaken for a Yamaha FS1R in design, style and feel - particularly some the vox type sounds which is a bit unexpected and surprising coming from the PPG. Use of the 3.V effects and wavetable scanning add to the effect. The "Blue", "Bono" or "Robotic" are good examples of these particular FS1R-like sounds.

The bank is an excellent representation of not only what can be done with the enhanced features found in the 3.V, particularly the sample import and addition of effects, but simply a great collection of new synth sounds and samples with an added "vintage" crossover flavor and vibe.

A must have for anyone who has a 3.V. Well done!
Hi Dan,

many thanks for your nice review.

Yes i tried to focus mostly in the new features like sample playback (which was also used in the original PPG using the Waveterm unit), the new True PPG mode (e.g. 2.2. and 2.3) which include a proper alialising emulation (!!), the enhanced awesome PPG filter (now with filter drive) and the new FXs which have an awesome quality IMO.
Besides this i tried to use several of the internal wavetables, mostly the new ones which Wolfgang Palm (the father of the PPGs) created for the PPG 3.V.
The new "Utterance" wavetables are very interesting as they could produce nice vocal sounds.
A few of those sounds (and others) i processed further with the Waldorf Lector Vocoder and created samples of those which were used to create new presets like e.g. the "Robotic Lector" presets.
Those "Solina" type sounds are first from FXpansion Amber and from Soniccouture Novachord for which i got a kind permission from Soniccouture.
All presets used for the samples were done by myself except a few used with the Lector Vocoder.
There are also a few interesting FM sounds which were created using Way Out Ware TimewARP 2600 (ARP 2600 emulation) and NI FM8.
The single cycle waves were either from DNA Collaborative (with kind permission) or done in Cableguys Curve (including my own waveforms). A few full Curve presets (as samples) were used too.

Finally i had done some chromatic samples of a Virus TI hypersaw (and some single samples too) which were also used in some of the included multi programs. Using multi programs with up to 8 parts is the only way of using more than one sample for one presets at once. For that you have to copy the preset to all parts and then change the corresponding sample (called "Transients" in the PPG) and change the key zones.

Of course with the use of the awesome PPG filter, the new True PPG modes and the FXs all of those samples, single-cycle waveforms and wavetables get their very own character.
A funny thing ís that normally developers try to exclude any kind of alialising from their synths and in this case a quite big amount of processing power is used to recreate the alialising of the real PPG Wave. This was not done in the PPG 2.V as the available processing power back in 2001 was too small for this. I guess that same is true about an update of the filter.

Before i forget: Several of the samples/transients were processed using e.g. the Waldorf D-Pole filter plugin or the Schwa Oligarc Drive plugin.

Best wishes,
Ingo
Ingo Weidner

My PPG 3.V is now full of new presets-I got Ingo's Sounds,Random Waves sounds and I just got Rob Lee's PPG sound set aswell.
It's like having a new synth-PPG wave 3.V is a brilliant synth and these new sounds really show off the wide range of sounds it is capable of.
Great sounds.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Thanks mate!

I was checking out Robs bank today. It's another winner with quite a lot of diversity and variety abound and excellent sounds.

The only other commercial soundbank I know of for the PPG Wave 2.V, 3.V is Xenos's "1984" Vintage themed bank which is on the list to check out too.

synthmagic wrote:My PPG 3.V is now full of new presets-I got Ingo's Sounds,Random Waves sounds and I just got Rob Lee's PPG sound set aswell.
It's like having a new synth-PPG wave 3.V is a brilliant synth and these new sounds really show off the wide range of sounds it is capable of.
Great sounds.
Ah,

Thanks mate i didn't realise that was you hehe.. best check your email shortly.

Rob

RandomWave wrote:The only other commercial soundbank I know of for the PPG Wave 2.V, 3.V is Xenos's "1984" Vintage themed bank which is on the list to check out too.
I got Xenos' "1984" when it was released and liked it a lot then. I played through a number of presets yesterday, in fact, and I still like it. A lot!

Definitely worth having.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Soundware”