VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plex - Restructuring Synthesizer

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE
  • Plex by Wolfgang Palm

RULES:
Submissions MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE!

Song(s) must be submitted before 1st May (KVR time)

PRIZES:
Wusik : Wusik Station V6 Full + Wusik EVE V2 Full

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : Free choice of 2 soundsets: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 1 soundset
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

After Olga maybe it's nice with one that's a bit more easy.. ;)

64 bit version too.

This was until recently a payware synth at Steinberg.

Quite a famous developer too, have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfgang_Palm

Nice synth, easy to tweak and interesting results.

I hope Wolfgang could come in to drop some lines about his synthesizer. :)

Have a good day guys.

Good sounds, but some crackle :|

I think "easy" is a relative term; not sure that I think in terms of combining instruments to make sounds. Nor can I get much of anything that doesn't sound like "Plex". Some inspiring presets, though.

Interesting beast this plex2! :)

In the hope that my new found availability of time to dedicate to music continues, I've been playing around and look forward to contributing again ... it's good to be back in OSC :)

Best of luck to everyone in the OSC 38 voting phase, and in this OSC39 Plex2 comp.

I remember seeing something about crackling in the Plex release thread, but thought that was fixed with an update.. :?:

Valid points Z.prime, but I meant easier than a quirky synth in Russian.. ;) Can also understand what you mean with the Plex sound, but to fair many if not most synths have similar to be said about them.

Basic points for choosing was to have a (easy) break from VAs, and preferably one that came as 64 bit version too.

V'ger wrote:Valid points Z.prime, but I meant easier than a quirky synth in Russian.. ;) Can also understand what you mean with the Plex sound, but to fair many if not most synths have similar to be said about them.
Agreed, I meant more that the sound shaping tools seem to be more limited with Plex unless I'm missing some hidden knobs somewhere. I actually like the choice, though. I'm only afraid I may have to bend some OSC rules to use it for a whole song... ;)

What rules would they be? ;)

By the way, Plex doesn't do MIDI learn, but has fixed CC assigns. Right-click the background to get a menu where you find the CC-list.

V'ger wrote:What rules would they be? ;)
I plead the 5th! ;)

V'ger wrote:I remember seeing something about crackling in the Plex release thread, but thought that was fixed with an update.. :?:
I'll read the entire thread asap. By the way, I experienced this issue in 2.0.4 version.

It looks like it won't be as perplexing as the last synth :hihi:

Dang. No Mac version. I guess I'm not doing this month's OSC. :(

jasinski wrote:Dang. No Mac version. I guess I'm not doing this month's OSC. :(
Very sad to hear that! :(

anyone know if there is a free mac version of Plex around?

Return to “Instruments”