Urgent help.

Official support for: sonigen.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Chris. Greetings from Chile.

Two weeks ago I've installed Sonigen Modular 0.9.213. I tried the standalone version but couldn't get it to work. I even installed ASIO4ALL but it neither worked.

As I was so anxious to try this great synth, I copied the plugin version file SonigenModular.dll from C:Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VstPlugins (I use Windows 7 64 bits) and placed it on a new folder. I then used SAVIHost to test the synth and WOW!!, now it sounded perfect. I kept playing for days.:D

As the plugin version was working perfect with SAVIHost and I still had a copy of SonigenModular.dll to be used with another host, I decided to uninstall Sonigen Modular. I even erased the installation file. Well, this is where my problems began. :(

After uninstalling Sonigen Modular, SAVIHost won't open the plugin version. Instead, it displays a message telling me that there's an error loading SonigenModular.dll and reminds the procedure of renaming SAVIHost.exe to the name of the PlugIn DLL.

I placed SonigenModular.dll back to C:Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VstPlugins in order to try it with other hosts. It didn't worked (it seems to be blocked).

I also performed the same procedure with another standalone synth. I installed it, copied the plugin version to another folder, uninstalled the synth and used SAVIHost to test the plugin dll. It worked perfect.

This is very confusing. SAVIHost is working well opening other VST plugins so I guess it's not the reason to the problem. Besides, why uninstalling Sonigen Modular affects SonigenModular.dll to work with SAVIHost?

Finally, as everything failed, I decided to reinstall Sonigen Modular 0.9.213 (without uninstalling it this time):?:. Since I erased my installation file I went to www.sonigen.com to download another file but the site is unavailable lately. I searched the file at different places on the net but all those links are directed to Sonigen's unavailable web page.

- Will www.sonigen.com be available soon again?
- In the meantime, is there a chance to get a copy of Sonigen Modular 0.9.213 installation file or is there another place to download it?
- Do you have some idea or a solution to the aforementioned problem?

Regards and thanks in advance.:)
Dante Gambino.

gambetis wrote:Hi Chris. Greetings from Chile.

Two weeks ago I've installed Sonigen Modular 0.9.213. I tried the standalone version but couldn't get it to work. I even installed ASIO4ALL but it neither worked.
Hi Dante, the website is OK here, I am not aware of any downtime. Make sure you just go to www.sonigen.com as previous bookmarked links might not work since I updated the website a few months back.

There was an issue with 0.9.213, since fixed, 0.9.218.

Try and download the latest version, if you cant access the website send me email and I will email it to you.

If you still have problems send me the SonigenModularErrorLog.txt file from your My Docments folder.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Thanks for your fast reply Chris.

It's pretty weird. I've been trying to access www.sonigen.com the last week but I always get an error loading the site. I've tried this with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and the result is always the same: the site is unavailable. Well, I'll see that issue later.:?

I can't send you an email as it appears disabled in your profile. This is my email anyway:
dantegambino@gmail.com

I would be glad to have version 0.9.218. I'll test it and if something goes wrong, I'll copy my SonigenModularErrorLog.txt here.

Thanks again. Regards.:)
Dante Gambino.

Ok, latest version has been sent to your email address.

**fingers crossed** :D
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Thanks Chris, I'll let you know whatever happens.

Regards.

Hi Chris. Thanks again for providing me a copy of Sonigen Modular 0.9.218. I really appreciate it since I still can't access http://www.sonigen.com

Sadly, the problem that started this topic still remains. :(

First of all, as many around here, I have a huge amount of VST plugins. I have them in a different directory from the usual C:Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VstPlugins. I test them as standalone versions with SAVIHost in order to choose the ones which will be used with a host program (in my case, VSTHost). All of them work perfect this way.

When I installed both versions of SonigenModularSetup.exe (0.9.213 and the new 0.9.218), I tried the installed standalone versions. Both of them didn't work. I don't have an ASIO sound card (Realtek HD). I even installed ASIO4ALL but it didn't work again.

That's when I decided to copy the installed plugin version file SonigenModular.dll from C:Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VstPlugins and placed it on my usual VSTs folder. I then used both SAVIHost and VSTHost to test the plugin version SonigenModular.dll and it worked perfect.

As I said before, since the plugin version was working perfect either with SAVIHost and VSTHost, and I still had a copy of SonigenModular.dll to be used with another host, I decided to uninstall the original Sonigen Modular program. After uninstalling Sonigen Modular, the plugin version stopped working on SAVIHost or VSTHost even though it was placed back again on C:Program Files (x86)/Steinberg/VstPlugins.

Everything gets normal again when SonigenModularSetup.exe is reinstalled. Well, this is what I consider to be a problem since all plugin versions of other VSTs are working great as individual files even when the main program is uninstalled (I've done this a lot of times).

I guess the main issue here is:
Why uninstalling Sonigen Modular's main program prevents SonigenModular.dll to work as an individual VST plugin with SAVIHost or any other host?
:?:

Thanks in advance for your patience and comprehension.:)

Regards.

gambetis wrote:When I installed both versions of SonigenModularSetup.exe (0.9.213 and the new 0.9.218), I tried the installed standalone versions. Both of them didn't work. I don't have an ASIO sound card (Realtek HD). I even installed ASIO4ALL but it didn't work again.
When you say didn't work, do you mean you cant get any sound or that it failed to start up?
I guess the main issue here is:
Why uninstalling Sonigen Modular's main program prevents SonigenModular.dll to work as an individual VST plugin with SAVIHost or any other host? :?:
The uninstaller removes everything that is put onto the system except for some registry entries. So the plugin wont start without those.

Make copies of the following folders...

My Documents\Sonigen Modular Data
Program Files\Sonigen Modular\Skin

Uninstall

and then restore those two folders, and it should work OK, i think.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:
gambetis wrote:When I installed both versions of SonigenModularSetup.exe (0.9.213 and the new 0.9.218), I tried the installed standalone versions. Both of them didn't work. I don't have an ASIO sound card (Realtek HD). I even installed ASIO4ALL but it didn't work again.
When you say didn't work, do you mean you can't get any sound or that it failed to start up?
I mean they start up but I can't get any sound. I'm not really concerned about this issue. I know I don't have an ASIO sound card so I won't get any sound.
sonigen wrote:
gambetis wrote:I guess the main issue here is:
Why uninstalling Sonigen Modular's main program prevents SonigenModular.dll to work as an individual VST plugin with SAVIHost or any other host? :?:
The uninstaller removes everything that is put onto the system except for some registry entries. So the plugin won't start without those.
This is my real concern. I mean, when some other guys like me will be tempted to use the plugin version (SonigenModular.dll) after uninstalling the original standalone version (failing to sound for ASIO issues for example), it won't work. This is what I consider a problem since the plugin version must work as an individual file even if the main program is uninstalled.:wink:

As I said before, I've performed the same above procedure with a lot of other VSTs and always got a full working plugin version.

Don't get me wrong Chris, I don't really want to bother you with this seemingly minor issue. Sonigen Modular is already a great synth but if somehow my proposal could be implemented, I guess it would be even better.

Regards.:)
Dante

gambetis wrote: As I said before, I've performed the same above procedure with a lot of other VSTs and always got a full working plugin version.

Don't get me wrong Chris, I don't really want to bother you with this seemingly minor issue. Sonigen Modular is already a great synth but if somehow my proposal could be implemented, I guess it would be even better.
I've had one person request a "portable version", so i guess this is along similar lines. I dont like the idea of leaving stuff on the system after an uninstall so I think also probably an option on install to select plugin, standalone, or both would be reasonable solution. I'll add it to the ideas / issue list. It's low priority though.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:I've had one person request a "portable version", so i guess this is along similar lines. I dont like the idea of leaving stuff on the system after an uninstall so I think also probably an option on install to select plugin, standalone, or both would be reasonable solution. I'll add it to the ideas / issue list. It's low priority though.
My only intention when creating this topic was to highlight something that I consider is not working properly with Sonigen Modular when compared to other VST installations:

I don't know how they perform this but every time a VST is uninstalled and you keep its plugin version, somehow this plugin version keeps working. This is not the case with Sonigen Modular.

If you consider this issue a low priority one, is up to you. But I guess it should be solved soon whether you plan to release a Final or Commercial version of Sonigen Modular.:wink:

Thanks for your help Chris.

Regards. :)
Dante.

Dante wrote:
This is my real concern. I mean, when some other guys like me will be tempted to use the plugin version (SonigenModular.dll) after uninstalling the original standalone version (failing to sound for ASIO issues for example), it won't work. This is what I consider a problem since the plugin version must work as an individual file even if the main program is uninstalled.:wink:

This is a little late in the game but I couldn't resist. To expect a program to still work after uninstalling it is basically crazy. There is nothing in any spec that says "the plugin version must work as an individual file even if the main program is uninstalled". The poster says he has done this with other vst's and it worked fine and for some reason that has caused him to thing that it MUST work for everything. When you uninstall a program do not expect it to still work. If you delete a file don;t expect to still be able to open it.

Return to “Sonigen”