Eventide BLACKHOLE Plug-in Officially Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Extraordinary Spaces for Eventide Blackhole H9 Series: Blackhole

Congratulations to Eventide on the official release.

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/P ... khole.aspx
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

i wonder why anyone would buy this over shimmer or toraverb?

:?

I think the RRP is very telling: $199.

Some things never change, given the opportunity.

ttoz wrote:i wonder why anyone would buy this over shimmer or toraverb?

:?
The name, features, subtle and maybe not so subtle differences. I ran them head to head for a few hours, basically until I couldn't stand it anymore and/or to the point that I didn't want any of them. But when I came back, all three demonstrated something unique for me.

The Reaktor Spacemaster variants that David Torn likes so much seemed in a similar ballpark too, though I didn't spend nearly as much time there. Also, the the freeze and kill buttons on the BH are nice. But yeah, one or even none of those three is probably enough for the average bear, although for the ambient long reverb aficionado? I'll let you answer that one for yourselves.

As usual, it will be more about money, discounts, timing, desire and guilt for me if and when I do or don't get it. So, it's not a have to buy or a definitely won't buy. They're also throwing them in with the stompboxes for a limited time (heh, time, get it?). But whenever I start looking at those, I see an Eclipse not too far beyond or actually for less than all four, plus I already have a 3000. That's why.

audiosabre wrote:I think the RRP is very telling: $199.

Some things never change, given the opportunity.
Trying to decide on this. The intro of $99 is appealing but still with the abundance of reverbs I am struggling to justify a niece in the rack.

The overall effect, the effects bar, freeze and kill buttons does make this an interesting effects/live instrument. Wish it was a tad cheaper. Must admit shimmer is starting draw me in as I am liking VahallaRoom and both natively available in 64bit where as I am finding Blackhole Bridged in Cubase with jBridge is causing some nasty glitches on my system.

I can not however seeing many selling $199.99 looking forward to the H3000 algos saying that :)

They also sell BH bundled with an iLok for $111 for a limited time. A quite inexpensive way to get into the world of iLok plugins.

http://www.eventidestore.com/blreplfrspwi.html

The best reverb in the world 8)

VariVerb Pro

http://pro.magix.com/en/audio-plugins/v ... o.594.html

I really liked the reverb on this, but not much else. Couldn't see myself using it much for $199. I'll wait for the H3000, the most insanely overdue native plugin ever.

ilok 2 required
That's enough of that nonsense.

VibraSound wrote:The best reverb in the world 8)

VariVerb Pro

http://pro.magix.com/en/audio-plugins/v ... o.594.html
Do they have a Demo?.... I can't see it on their site.

:?:

I remember there used to be a demo for Variverb, but I don't see it on the site either.

Oh, no demo anymore? Try searching all over, I remember magix having some strange website stuff. I had it though years ago and sold it when I went x64 so it's been a while.

hibidy wrote:
ilok 2 required
That's enough of that nonsense.
why?

ilok 2 is going to take ages to crack, is not nonsense, it's like syncrosoft, it can always be updated to counter act new cracks, and at this stage is still completely uncracked on both platforms going well over a year.

they have the right to protect their work and at least get a head start.

So for now at least, anyone who wants the BH or other eventide plugins, has to buy them. sounds great to me. :tu:

Nope, not doing anymore ilok. I have an ilok one, if that is not good enough then poo.

I pay for my software, if others don't then I'm not paying extra.

Return to “Effects”