Free multisampled Rickenbacker 4001 bass

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all!

For the fun, i decided to sample my hold Rickenbacker 4001 electric bass with five layers from A to G (three octaves).
All the sample are in 44.100 - 16 bits and the format is .sfz.

SFZ version

Fingered patchs.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e9bq89ldv4dnwu9

Update: Muted patchs.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?78d3pa5p3yy0pwr

Update: Slap patchs.
http://www.mediafire.com/?s7uvqw91b26mq7d

Kontakt version (by AKJ)

http://www.power-xs.net/download/Ricken ... ontakt.rar

But you must to have for this version (Fretnoises, ghostnotes, silence, etc...):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?a1g6glg4y1p1919
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qtcresdqym889g4
http://www.power-xs.net/download/Ricken ... amples.rar

Have fun! :wink:
Last edited by Project16 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Thanks for your effort on this! Downloading now...

thanks, sounds good. With your permission, I will post some Kontakt patches which will feature stuff like key-switches and some great (freeware) scripts (for runs, legato, and anti-machine-gunning etc.). probably I will also create a version that allows for aftertouch controlled vibrato where you control the vibrato speed with your finger pressure so that it works almost like in the real instrument (this is really cool and I did this for almost all my kontakt bass libraries).

cheers, akj

No problems AKJ, you have my permission and you can adapt, modifie for kontakt or other.

Thank you for the comment! :wink:

You have an interesting idea of fun. :D

Thanks for this, and thank you AKJ for rounding it out as a full blown Kontakt instrument.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

wow, thanks y'all :)
..what goes around comes around..

thank you 8)
Take Time before He does so...

AKJ wrote:thanks, sounds good. With your permission, I will post some Kontakt patches which will feature stuff like key-switches and some great (freeware) scripts (for runs, legato, and anti-machine-gunning etc.). probably I will also create a version that allows for aftertouch controlled vibrato where you control the vibrato speed with your finger pressure so that it works almost like in the real instrument (this is really cool and I did this for almost all my kontakt bass libraries).

cheers, akj
You beat me to it, though I wasn't going to go quite that far… by all means, sir, pprrrrrrrroceeeeeed…. :) Looking for to it!

BTW, you don't happen to have such NKIs for the Dan Dean basses, do you? Just curious…

Project16, you did a good job w/ the sampling here… nice and clean. One question: what's the deal with the "2 micrphones" samples… those samples are mono… so why two mics? Also, how about a few drops and x-notes? :)

BTW, I'm thinking Fingered1/Fingered2 can be combined in the same patches for a bridge/neck playing effect… Fingered1/Fingered2 definately give me that vibe, and having both available at the same time would be very useful.

AKJ, could you create a combined patch that lets you switch between the 1/2 sets using mod wheel? I'm a big fan of mod wheel layer selection… If not, I'll do it myself!

Hi kbaccki,

I uploaded my modified patches of Dan Dean Gigabass here:

edit: link removed (since kbaccki got it)

please, everybody note: these patches will be of no use for anybody not owning the full product. There are no samples included, just my modified/extended programming of the original patches. Also note:
1. I use a different file structure. You will need to copy the patches to the respective original folders. Maybe you will have to point Kontakt to the samples folder.
2. In case of the keyswitch patches of the Rickbacker 4001 and the Höfner Violin bass: one keyswitch uses samples of another library. These samples are, of course, missing. So just skip if the missing samples dialog occurs for those.

In my private version, which for obvious reason I cannot provide, I did a bit more: I created multis which have release samples of other libraries which adds a lot to realism. So I suggest to you to do the same if you have access to suitable samples (as far as I remember I used mostly samples from Manytone bass products which fitted quite well). And I created banks (saved as multis) featuring the absolutely genius Mind Control script of Orange Tree Samples, which gives you so many options of switching programs: like temporary, speed dependant, etc. etc. It's so cool what you can do with that. Highly recommended to everybody. So what I basically want to say is: instead of hunting for newer libraries: first check what can be achieved with a little effort with the stuff you got.

cheers, akj

ps: dear op, thanks again. I think I like the your Rick better than the Dan Dean one.
Last edited by AKJ on Thu May 17, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Project16,

thanks for the permission. For my kontakt version I guess I will take some days.

cheers, akj

Thank you VERY much!!!!!!!!! :-) I especially love that it is in SFZ format!!!

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

AKJ wrote:Hi kbaccki,

I uploaded my modified patches of Dan Dean Gigabass here:

[...]

please, everybody note: these patches will be of no use for anybody not owning the full product. There are no samples included, just my modified/extended programming of the original patches. Also note:
1. I use a different file structure. You will need to copy the patches to the respective original folders. Maybe you will have to point Kontakt to the samples folder.
2. In case of the keyswitch patches of the Rickbacker 4001 and the Höfner Violin bass: one keyswitch uses samples of another library. These samples are, of course, missing. So just skip if the missing samples dialog occurs for those.

In my private version, which for obvious reason I cannot provide, I did a bit more: I created multis which have release samples of other libraries which adds a lot to realism. So I suggest to you to do the same if you have access to suitable samples (as far as I remember I used mostly samples from Manytone bass products which fitted quite well). And I created banks (saved as multis) featuring the absolutely genius Mind Control script of Orange Tree Samples, which gives you so many options of switching programs: like temporary, speed dependant, etc. etc. It's so cool what you can do with that. Highly recommended to everybody. So what I basically want to say is: instead of hunting for newer libraries: first check what can be achieved with a little effort with the stuff you got.

cheers, akj

ps: dear op, thanks again. I think I like the your Rick better than the Dan Dean one.
You're the man (woman? :))... off to download your NKIs. I actually have the DD kontakt version, but been meaning to do my own tweaking w/ them for the past 2 years... just haven't had the time... so I'm interested to see what you've done there. Sounds like some good stuff. I've also been meaning to incorporate Mind Control in some of my stuff... maybe I'll get inspired to set aside some time.

BTW, the original Will Lee Bass library was another good one for remapping as well. Not terribly big, but lots of character, lots of FX, etc. I bought the original soundfonts directly from sampleheads site... Anyhoo, a time gone by, I guess... but I still love those 20MB bass patches! And I still go to them. :) I might upgrade some of those remappings based on your work...

And oh yeah... before I go... down with the prepackaged rompler VSTi and LONG LIVE THE OPEN FORMAT SAMPLE LIBRARY!!!!!

:lol:
Last edited by kbaccki on Tue May 22, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kbaccki wrote:One question: what's the deal with the "2 micrphones" samples… those samples are mono… so why two mics? Also, how about a few drops and x-notes? :)
2 microphones => Position two microphone of the bass selector (Easel and sleeve).
I do not indeed understand the other question.

Sorry, my english!!! :roll: :D

I think he means two pickup positions, rather than two microphone positions.

This is very nice of you, Project16! Thank you! 8)

I look forward to AKJ's Kontakt version as well. Very generous of you both.

Mike Greene wrote:I think he means two pickup positions, rather than two microphone positions.
Yes, that makes sense... cuz that's what it sounds like! :)

And don't ask me why I thought "microphones" had anything to do with this to begin with... :lol: ... long week...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”