New Saurus sound bank preview - RELEASED!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

himalaya wrote:NEWS!

Just to let everyone know that this sound bank is now released.

You definitely desire to hear new demos :D so you are very welcome to have a listen here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=353686

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Very nice sounds.
Hey thank you. :-)
Just bought Your Saurus Sound Banks after listening to the superb demos.
I could not resist your Yamaha SY77 bank aswell :) The SY77 is an overlooked brilliant synth.
Looking forward to getting the new patches.

Cheers,
Steve
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Thank you Steve, :-)
Both sound banks have been sent now.

By the way, I got three of your sample sets during your sale. I'm hoping to get some time this week and make some music with your sounds. They are superb!

The SY77, yeah, it's a gem. :love:
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:Thank you Steve, :-)
Both sound banks have been sent now.

By the way, I got three of your sample sets during your sale. I'm hoping to get some time this week and make some music with your sounds. They are superb!

The SY77, yeah, it's a gem. :love:
Just playing with the Saurus sounds now and already I am making a new progressive house track with one of the presets-Great sounds.
Just switching the SY77 on to try out your patches.
Everyone should own an SY77 they are dirt cheap - they should be goverment issue :)
Last edited by synthmagic on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

Hi Raphael,

i just purchased your bank. I love both Saurus and your sound design work so this is a must have for me. :)

Nice to hear that Steve ("Synthmagic") got this too.

I'll check the presets as soon as i receive the download (and find some time...).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thank you for your custom and the compliment Ingo :)
The bank is sent. Enjoy it.

Some of my favorites so far...

ARPs- Young Alien
Bass - Overdriven Taurus
Brass - Fluffy Attack and VCO Velobrass2
Effect - Space Signal
Pads - Bright Sky - I hear some big chords scaling up the keyboard announcing the arrival of the fleet from Clarion
Pads - Infinite Space - Stranded in the Rings of Saturn with a sad Aria playing and this pad droning in the backround
Synths - Sugar Pluck, DarkSpace Sweep

Also - I really like the way After touch and the Mod wheel is used

oh man was waiting for this release now of to purchase :D 8)

Saurus sounds great!

C-note wrote:Some of my favorites so far...

ARPs- Young Alien
Bass - Overdriven Taurus
Brass - Fluffy Attack and VCO Velobrass2
Effect - Space Signal
Pads - Bright Sky - I hear some big chords scaling up the keyboard announcing the arrival of the fleet from Clarion
Pads - Infinite Space - Stranded in the Rings of Saturn with a sad Aria playing and this pad droning in the backround
Synths - Sugar Pluck, DarkSpace Sweep

Also - I really like the way After touch and the Mod wheel is used
Thanks C-note. :-)

I'm glad you like the aftertouch and mod wheel assignments. Check out the pitch wheel in each preset too as it is often assigned to control multiple timbre -related parameters (as opposed to pitch - see PDF). I'm not sure if Saurus is the first synth which allows the pitch wheel to be disconnected from modulating pitch...but it's a great feature.

Absolutely stunning!!!
Congratulations.
THIS soundbank is what I was looking for :D
Most sounds from Saurus till now reminds a lot also of Lary Fast / Synergy
early works.

I'm going to buy it!!
I was looking for the right synth (hardware or software) to obtain or make the sounds for my old school JMJ style project...
Have a Virus B now, Roland JD990 with Vintage Synth expansion, have Minimax and Prophit 5 on my Creamware Pulsar card, have Omnisphere.

I've tried to get the Jarre's AKS sounds on Omnisphere but it's not so easy to get it as it seems on Saurus: I've tried yesterday the demo and going by memory without an A/B comparison it sounded to me very close.
Yeahm that 10 minutes time limit is very annoying, especially when you are almost there to get the sound you want and then... ARGH!!
and you can't save anymore...

For what I heard till now I'm liking the sound of Saurus and it's easy programming.

@Himalaya: will you do a similar sound bank also for Diva or Omnisphere?
maybe more Jarre sounds specific?

All the best.
We are the true makers of our destiny.

Return to “Instruments”