Endorsement Whores

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's been at the back of my mind for a few years now, but I just became consciously aware that BT endorses every single plug-in/DAW/music product I've ever heard of. The Crystal Method also endorse quite a lot of products, but nowhere near as many as BT. I don't have to mention which ones. If you've ever seen a pro audio ad, you've seen BT. Do you think these artists actually love the products that much? Or do you think it's just easy money like voiceover work for radio guys or something? I'm trying to think of more endorsement whores but it's after midnight here and I'm quite tired.

-Sam

I'm going to hate myself for this......

what is "BT?"

i'd have guessed someone else

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kristiknupp
Personal Assistant
Binary Acoustics/ Brian Transeau aka BT
September 2005 - January 2007 (1 year 5 months)

• Editing audio for music and film
• Setting up and troubleshooting DJ equipment
• Acting as liaison between director, composer and staff
Approaching companies for endorsements and finalizing deals
• Facilitating daily connections between manager, agent, lawyer and accountant
It actually looks like hes not an endorsement whore but an endorsement professional.
miedex

I used to care but now I could care less. A lot of these guys wouldn't see a dime if not for endorsements. When do you think Vernon Reid will be on the charts again? There was a time when he was "the stuff" I never buy based on someone else;s endorsement. I choose my purchases on what it will do for me personally. It actually worked against me in my earlier days because it wasn't enough to have the chops I also had to have "the look" and "the look" included big brand name gear.

Sure there are big brand names that I do like now of which I would consider purchasing but it's not based on an endorsement.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

miedex wrote:http://www.linkedin.com/in/kristiknupp
Personal Assistant
Binary Acoustics/ Brian Transeau aka BT
September 2005 - January 2007 (1 year 5 months)

• Editing audio for music and film
• Setting up and troubleshooting DJ equipment
• Acting as liaison between director, composer and staff
Approaching companies for endorsements and finalizing deals
• Facilitating daily connections between manager, agent, lawyer and accountant
It actually looks like hes not an endorsement whore but an endorsement professional.
Well they do say prostitution is the "oldest profession." lol.

Oh, so he's behind "stutter edit"

Ok, great program. Actually sold mine :oops:

tapper mike wrote:I used to care but now I could care less.
Sorry to go OT, but I'm the "could care less" police. The phrase is "couldn't care less". Thank you.

Now, back to that whore BT...

Yeah, couldn't care less. It's what people do in all walks of the public figure realm. No different to sportspeople, filmstars, celebs in general. TBH I didn't think anyone actually took any notice of celeb endorsements, but the PR/advertising companies obviously think it works. If celebs can cash in on the gullible classes buying s**t simply because a face they recognise says so, then good luck to them. If a company asked me to endorse some toilet paper I'd never heard of before and gave me $10,000 or even $1,00 of course I'd do it. So would almost everyone here. In then blink of an eye. :wink:

I don't know of any reason why it should be an issue just because he's a musician? At least he's endorsing stuff that he might conceivably actually use and know about. Surely plugins are relevant to an electronic musician, no? And the answer to the question surely is, yes - it's easy money. And...?

hibidy wrote:what is "BT?"
A sandwich without lettuce. :hihi:

I endorse KVR. For free.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

In defense of BT and Vernon Reid, they're both regular customers here. Vernon has actually helped me a lot in the past and never asked for a freebee. To the contrary, he sent me his preset bank for Filterscape.

;) Urs

lotus2035 wrote:
hibidy wrote:what is "BT?"
A sandwich without lettuce. :hihi:
:lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

tapper mike wrote:I used to care but now I could care less..
So you still care :?: How much ?
Or should there be an " n't " at the end of the "could" in your sentence ?

Mr Arkadin wrote: Sorry to go OT, but I'm the "could care less" police. The phrase is "couldn't care less". Thank you.
ten four ,Roger wilco. We'll send round a van immediately.Try and go easy with your truncheon this time . :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”