One-Synth-Challenge 44: Retrologue - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Retrologue

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE

RULES:
Submissions MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE!
(some new and updated rules)
Song(s) must be submitted before 1st October (KVR time)

PRIZES:
Steinberg : 1 Retrologue and 1 Padshop Pro license (separate prizes)

KV331 Audio : 1 Synthmaster license + 4 Rob Lee expansions

Wusik : Wusik Station Full + Wusik EVE Full

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason
Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Remember you don't need to own Retrologue to fully enjoy this competition as the demo is without limitation for 30 days. :)

Also notice that every submission is now encouraged to include its Dynamic Range (DR) number in the entry text. You can get the number by running your audio file through (the free) TT Dynamic Range Meter. (using the exe file, not the dll)

See Pleasurize Music Foundation for more info about DR number and why.

Love Retrologue! Nice choice! :D

Lots of great prizes as well!

Just to make sure... any issues with Cubase users using note expression with their submissions?

Wow, this is huge.

On TT DR, I extracted the DLL and didn't install the whole thing. I can still the VST in Wavosaur to get that number.. right? or I HAVE to install the whole thing?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Hello everybody. I'm new to this, I just saw it on Facebook and it sounds interesting. Thing is I'm not sure I fully understand this contest, so let me know if I got it right: I have to make a track with sounds coming ONLY from the mentioned synth (Retrologue) and following the other rules of the contest, right?
And really, am I allowed to participate? I just saw something about 20 posts in the forum in the rules, but I don't really understand that rule.

Hi Megiddo, welcome to OSC. 20 post counts qualifies one to vote only but if someone participates then they are allowed to vote regardless of post counts. You don't have to have any specific post count to participate. You got the major rule right :-) i.e. you can use only the specific synth (e.g. Retrologue for Sep) to create a track. All other rules are fairly simple. If you have any confusion then keep posting in this thread someone or other will answer.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Hmm, I just downloaded the Retroloque demo. Seems to be a really nice synth! I guess I'll try to participate in the OSC for the first time :)

Cheers
Dennis

HELP :help:

I just tried to install Retrologue, but the setup stops. I tried it three times, no luck.
Steinberg says, that Windows 7 is necessary. I have WinXP. Is this relay the reason? Any others on OSC working with WinXP and allready tried Retrologue?

Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Bronto Scorpio wrote:Hmm, I just downloaded the Retroloque demo. Seems to be a really nice synth! I guess I'll try to participate in the OSC for the first time :)

Cheers
Dennis
Glad to hear that Bronto ;)
photonic wrote:HELP :help:

I just tried to install Retrologue, but the setup stops. I tried it three times, no luck.
Steinberg says, that Windows 7 is necessary. I have WinXP. Is this relay the reason? Any others on OSC working with WinXP and allready tried Retrologue?

Photonic
Wow, seriously?
Let me install it and check if this is true or not :S

EDITED: It works perfect here.

Maybe i will come this month, i want that Padshop! :P

Have a good day guys :)
Last edited by IrionDaRonin on Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

satYatunes wrote:Wow, this is huge.

On TT DR, I extracted the DLL and didn't install the whole thing. I can still the VST in Wavosaur to get that number.. right? or I HAVE to install the whole thing?
Thanks, then I might participate. :D

Photonic
The latest Steinberg stuff doesn't officially support WinXP anymore.
But you just need to install the .NET framework 3.5 (iirc) and everything will work fine :)
I'm using Cubase 6 and the Retrologue demo on WinXP without any problems :)

Cheers
Dennis

Well, seems like I'm S.O.L. with my preferred Linux/Wine setup, too... I have what seems like an identical issue. At least there's no eLicenser involved this time. Maybe I'll have to start up my Windows XP machine for the first time in 6 months and see if that and the .NET framework update works... Or use this Mac again that I [temporarily] acquired.

Retrologue looks on the surface awfully similar to DUNE in terms of capabilities... seems like there are an increasing number of options for the OSC these days.

Bronto Scorpio wrote:But you just need to install the .NET framework 3.5 (iirc) and everything will work fine :)
I'm using Cubase 6 and the Retrologue demo on WinXP without any problems :)

Cheers
Dennis
Thank you Dennis !

That was the hint I needed. I could install the synth. But now it tells me, that I can use the synth only for 24h. Did you get any activation code for the 30days demo?

Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

photonic wrote:But now it tells me, that I can use the synth only for 24h...
Maybe you can keep it running the entire month and it won't check again... :troll:

Return to “Instruments”