BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Hallo,

below a new dark BlueArp skin I want to share. It matches my Ableton skin on Ableton Live Skins
skin.jpg

copy/paste the code to a new file "skin.ini" file and put it into Blue Arp's "skins" subfolder. The skin comes "as-is"; no support offered. Use it at your own risk.

Code: Select all

[skin black light blue]

// -- drag box
box_LineColor=0x505050
box_FillColor=$1F1F1F
box_FillColorActive=$3E3E3E
box_FontColor=0xFFFFFF
box_FontColorActive=$D0D0D0
box_LabelFontColor=0xCCCCFF
box_LabelFontColorInActive=$959595

// -- drag box bar
bar_FillColor=$1F1F1F
bar_LabelFontColorHighlight=0xE6E600

// -- button
btn_FillColor=$1F1F1F
btn_FillColorActive=$3E3E3E
btn_FontColor=$9D9D9D

// -- LED
led_BackColor=0x000000
led_OnColorOuter=0xB3B300
led_OnColorInner=0xFFFF75
led_OffColorOuter=0x606060
led_OffColorInner=0x606060

// -- stats panel Label
info_panel_LabelFontColor=$FFFFFF

// -- screen (matrix editor)
scr_BackColor=0x383838
scr_GridBackColor=0x262626
scr_LineColorBright=0x525266
scr_LineColorDark=0x5c5c73
scr_LabelColorBright=0xFFFFFF
scr_LabelColorDark=$9B948C
scr_BrickColorOn=0x9999C0
scr_BrickColorOff=0x666680

// -- block label (yellow lines)
panels_BlockLabelColor=0xB8B800

// -- globals
panels_BackColor=0x323232
panels_OutlineColor=0x606060
panels_TopPanelColor=0x323232
panels_SettingsPanelColor=0x2D2D2D
panels_InfoPanelColor=0x323232
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Christian61KVR on Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gear: 2020 iMac 27" Big Sur • Apogee Quartet • Mackie controller • Push2 • Virus TI • NI Complete • ARTURIA V Collection 8 • Omnisphere / Trillian / RMX • Slate plugins • Ableton 11 • Fender Jazz Bass/Strat/Tele • Gibson Les Paul • Kemper profiler

Very nice

Hi,

in 2.3.6. VST2 OSX

the value lanes for gate time (1) and channel (2) do not switch back properly (see third screen). when selecting 1 (was 2) again the matrix stays on channel (indicator shows 1=gate).
1.png
2.png
3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Christian61KVR on Sat May 01, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gear: 2020 iMac 27" Big Sur • Apogee Quartet • Mackie controller • Push2 • Virus TI • NI Complete • ARTURIA V Collection 8 • Omnisphere / Trillian / RMX • Slate plugins • Ableton 11 • Fender Jazz Bass/Strat/Tele • Gibson Les Paul • Kemper profiler

Christian61KVR wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:33 pm Hi,

in 2.3.6. VST2 OSX

the value lanes for gate time (1) and channel (2) do not switch back properly (see third screen). when selecting 1 (was 2) again the matrix stays on channel (indicator shows 1=gate).
Thanks, fixed it. It was a glitch in GUI logic.

Christian61KVR wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:17 pm Hallo,

below a new dark BlueArp skin I want to share. It matches my Ableton skin on Ableton Live Skins

skin.jpg

copy/paste the code to a new file "skin.ini" file and put it into Blue Arp's "skins" subfolder. The skin comes "as-is"; no support offered. Use it at your own risk.
Looks cool, thanks for taking time to do this! Do you mind if I include it into the default skins pack? Or maybe just post it to my website as a separate download?

This is my new skin now. Really great.

Nice skin, thank you!
I noticed a little typo "martix" should be "matrix" ;)

graywolf2004 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:14 pm
Christian61KVR wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:17 pm Hallo,

skin.jpg

Looks cool, thanks for taking time to do this! Do you mind if I include it into the default skins pack? Or maybe just post it to my website as a separate download?
Yes, sure use it where you like it…

sinkmusic wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:47 pm Nice skin, thank you!
Oh, yes, that is part of the GUI, one for graywolf2004 to fix…

Christian61KVR wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:02 pm
sinkmusic wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:47 pm Nice skin, thank you!
Oh, yes, that is part of the GUI, one for graywolf2004 to fix…
Sure, I fill fix it in the next release

ALL After some tests I decided to roll back this thing with plugin ID change, so please don't use versions 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 if you have issues with loading older ptojects (better revert to 2.3.2 for a while).
It is more tricky - a few years ago I made a mistake, I gave x64 version a different plugin name 'BlueARP.x64', while win32 version is named 'BlueARP'. vst3 is 'BlueARP' as well.
I think most of the DAWs look at plugin name only and don't look at dll name or plugin ID. But Studio One at least looks at plugin ID. So to avoid that bunch or problems, I will revert back to the original ID '7dWx' for VST2 versions in 2.3.7 which I plan to upload this weekend.
Ideally, I would like to change plugin ID to 'BArp' and name to 'BlueARP' for all versions, but it will trigger incompatibility. So I will either keep it this way or release a 'legacy support' version some day.
I think it is not a big problem for now - the only downside that x64 and win32 versions are technically different plugins, and if you have both 32- and 64-bit version of the same DAW, it won't dynamically pick up 32- ot 64-bit version of the plugin.

Ups! I had just converted the factory preset bank to the native VST3 format (.vstpreset) with v2.3.6, and came here to post a link, so people with hosts compatible with the format could benefit from its advanced sorting features (I use Cubase, but I think there are more hosts that support the .vstpreset extension for individual patches). However, as the .vstpresets depend on the VST ID and internal name to work, if you are planning a change they won't be useful anymore for future versions.
Well, no worries, I guess I could convert them again when you stabilize the ID and name :). I also agree that it would be nice that the plugin name becomes "BlueARP" instead of the current "BlueARP.x64".

Don't know if this has ever been mentioned before, searching this thread didn't bring up something similar.

I just wanted to update BlueARP to v2.3.6, but I can't remove v2.3.2 from my computer (Win10x64 Enterprise).
It's locked inside my VST folder and there's nothing I can do about it. It isn't possible to delete the BlueARP v2.3.2 folder, I can't remove it, rename it or anything.

I'm always getting an error message "folder in use, action can't be completed, blabla ..."
(I'd post a screenshot, but it would be in my native language, hence useless for most). Tried to use a file unlocker (LockHunter) that sometimes helps me out, but no success. It seems that the reason are the fonts inside the BlueARP folder. The system is taking hold of those fonts and is obviously using them constantly. And since it's the "system" I can't just terminate that process lol.

This is what LockHunter shows me:

Also tried changing permissions, rebooting, installed those Oxanium fonts to the Windows fonts (was hoping the "system" would use the fonts from there and finally release the BlueARP folder), but nothing helps. :?

I thought about just leaving v2.3.2 where it is, but if I want to update I'd have two versions of BlueARP and I'm afraid that would cause more trouble sooner or later...

Has anyone experienced this and/or an idea what I could do?

thx

Sahul wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:34 am Ups! I had just converted the factory preset bank to the native VST3 format (.vstpreset) with v2.3.6, and came here to post a link, so people with hosts compatible with the format could benefit from its advanced sorting features (I use Cubase, but I think there are more hosts that support the .vstpreset extension for individual patches). However, as the .vstpresets depend on the VST ID and internal name to work, if you are planning a change they won't be useful anymore for future versions.
Well, no worries, I guess I could convert them again when you stabilize the ID and name :). I also agree that it would be nice that the plugin name becomes "BlueARP" instead of the current "BlueARP.x64".
For VST3 it probably won't change. The target scneme for vst3 is ID = BArp, NAME = 'BlueARP'. Can you check it for vst3 ver 2.3.6? If it is so, it won't change. The issue is with vst2 only.

mesamask wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:25 pm Don't know if this has ever been mentioned before, searching this thread didn't bring up something similar.

I just wanted to update BlueARP to v2.3.6, but I can't remove v2.3.2 from my computer (Win10x64 Enterprise).
It's locked inside my VST folder and there's nothing I can do about it. It isn't possible to delete the BlueARP v2.3.2 folder, I can't remove it, rename it or anything.

I'm always getting an error message "folder in use, action can't be completed, blabla ..."
(I'd post a screenshot, but it would be in my native language, hence useless for most). Tried to use a file unlocker (LockHunter) that sometimes helps me out, but no success. It seems that the reason are the fonts inside the BlueARP folder. The system is taking hold of those fonts and is obviously using them constantly. And since it's the "system" I can't just terminate that process lol.

This is what LockHunter shows me:

Also tried changing permissions, rebooting, installed those Oxanium fonts to the Windows fonts (was hoping the "system" would use the fonts from there and finally release the BlueARP folder), but nothing helps. :?

I thought about just leaving v2.3.2 where it is, but if I want to update I'd have two versions of BlueARP and I'm afraid that would cause more trouble sooner or later...

Has anyone experienced this and/or an idea what I could do?

thx
Did you try to reboot and try to delete the folder immedialelly (without running any DAW)? Should work. If it doesn't help, try to install there fonts, then reboot and try again.
The thing is - bluearp uses these fonts for GUI rendering. On startup, it checks if these fonts are installed on your system. If not, it dynamically loads them, and they are kind of 'temporarily installed' until the next boot. On loading, it locks the files (and they keep locked until reboot), probably this is the cause of the issue you have. But AFAIK just after reboot thay shouldn't be locked.
PS. Another option - try to uninstall these Oxanium fonts, reboot and try to delete the folder. If any of this works, please write back, I will include some info into the manual.
PPS After thinking for a while, I think the best way to do is to manually remove these fonts from your system, reboot and try to remove the folder.

Return to “Instruments”