BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:03 pm ...
Chrome also now blocks links on sites where there's a mix of https and http - what they call 'mixed content'.
I think this started being an issue only recently as they held off on a release until the pandemic was easing off.
Yeah, I implemented this certificate or something a while ago to make my website work as https, but didn't know this trick with the download links

I really want to use this with my hardware synth in Reaper, but I have a problem. For the synth to play in sync with everything else, I have to set the midi track's playback time offset to -35 ms. But when I use BlueARP it quantizes the notes so that there is no offset, so they are delayed and out of sync. I have turned off in quantize and tried other things but it doesn't help. I don't know if this is a problem with Reaper or the arp. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks

:help:
I would like to use BlueArp to trigger a drum sound at high speed.
Here is what happens : after a certain level of speed, let's say 1/32 at 120bpm, things start to get messy and no longer fluid, I can hear cracks, pops, waves breaking what should be a pure repetition.

It is not CPU related as my exports render the same issue. Moreover CPU is far from being saturated by the operation

Sometimes, BlueArp gets it right, for a few measures, then goes back to problematic triggering.

Kirnu has the same problem.
Do you know where this is coming from and if it's possibly fixable?

With all my respect for your awesome work here,

FLStudio 20
BlueArp v2.3.7

spraygnosis wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:22 pm things start to get messy and no longer fluid, I can hear cracks, pops, waves breaking what should be a pure repetition.
Example to show, it could be many reasons causing this. A video would be ideal if you can provide.

Experiment with lower buffer sizes maybe?

Or, too many long release notes piled up suddenly pushing on CPU?
Or the target instrument plugin isn't responding as quick as needed?
Or one of VST3 faulty plugins?

Just to name some reasons

please excuse me if this has already been discussed, but i WISH BlueARP's timing was better at high buffer settings! brilliant plugin! :-) Xx

I just realized that CC message pass thru doesn't work in the VST3. When I set pitch bend messages or MIDI CC messages to pass thru in the "Settings" tab of BlueARP in the VST3, and use the pitch bend wheel, or try to control the triggered soft synth's parameter via the knobs or faders of my MIDI controller, nothing happens. It works fine in the VST2.

Can anyone confirm that?

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:49 pm Can anyone confirm that?
Known issue, due to VST3 SDK Midi "limitation" and I'm using FL Studio btw, could work well in other DAWs? Not sure.

Ok, thanks for confirming. I will use the VST2 for now then, as I sometimes make use of the MIDI pass thru options.

No worries buddy :) yes better to stick to VST2 for now, this is why many developers insist on releasing new plugins in VST2 version.

I would definitely donate to the developer if he could fix timing issues at high buffer settings. Just saying! 🙏

It is good to donate without anticipating new features or fixes to take place. Just saying.

Fair point, I just wanted to create a bit of extra incentive. 😇

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:49 pm I just realized that CC message pass thru doesn't work in the VST3. When I set pitch bend messages or MIDI CC messages to pass thru in the "Settings" tab of BlueARP in the VST3, and use the pitch bend wheel, or try to control the triggered soft synth's parameter via the knobs or faders of my MIDI controller, nothing happens. It works fine in the VST2.
Can anyone confirm that?
Should work in theory, I will double check that. VST3 has kinda 'legacy' MIDI CC support and I implemented it as I remember, maybe something went wrong here. At least I will check in FL if it works.

Return to “Instruments”