BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:15 pm Update: BlueARP v2.2.8 (Windows, OSX)
http://graywolf2004.net/wp/?page_id=35

Main changes:
1. Likely fixed bug mentioned before with restart=key
2. Added names for program chains
3. Did a lot of fine tuning with the core engine
4. "Next chain" setting for program chains - finally tested and works as expected
Just tried 2.2.8. The selected skin isn't being remembered. I think this is an old bug that was resolved that somehow regressed. At least, I'm pretty sure it was working at one point. This is using VST in Windows.

To reproduce:

1. Open an instance of BlueArp
2. Select the Studio White skin for example
3. Open a new instance of BlueArp at any point going forward (whether the same project or a brand new one)

Reuslt: BlueArp launches with the default skin.

Also, same for the "Other CC Message" setting. I'd like to keep it on "Pass Thru" by default but can't get this setting to stick.

Might be my imagination, but the timing feels tighter in 2.2.8 though.

I had the impression that the previous version timing was all but tight.
I’ll try the new one and check if it’s tight
Thanks

cineplus wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:17 pm I had the impression that the previous version timing was all but tight.
Thanks
Would definitely be curious if it's just me. But it felt like it was way better at doing what I expected it to when playing live today. So yeah, check it out and post back.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:30 pm ...
Just tried 2.2.8. The selected skin isn't being remembered. I think this is an old bug that was resolved that somehow regressed. At least, I'm pretty sure it was working at one point. This is using VST in Windows.
To reproduce:
1. Open an instance of BlueArp
2. Select the Studio White skin for example
3. Open a new instance of BlueArp at any point going forward (whether the same project or a brand new one)
Reuslt: BlueArp launches with the default skin.
Also, same for the "Other CC Message" setting. I'd like to keep it on "Pass Thru" by default but can't get this setting to stick.
Might be my imagination, but the timing feels tighter in 2.2.8 though.
OK, I'll ckeck this next weekend or maybe around the week.
Timing tightness shouldn't change, maybe it's buffer size issue. From my experience, 128 or less is fine, on 256 you may here some irregularity.

graywolf2004 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:15 pm Update: BlueARP v2.2.8 (Windows, OSX)
http://graywolf2004.net/wp/?page_id=35

Main changes:
1. Likely fixed bug mentioned before with restart=key
2. Added names for program chains
3. Did a lot of fine tuning with the core engine
4. "Next chain" setting for program chains - finally tested and works as expected
Some additions to my yesterday's post
Chains This was the main area of fine tuninig. 'next chain' setting allows you to chain chains and make stuff like fills and breaks. You may set it to particular chain or special options - caller, caller - 1, caller + 1. Caller means after playing it will automatically return to the chain it was invoked from. Caller + 1 is the same, but next chain (allows you to trigger a fill/bridge and move to another chain).
I used this next chain stuff extensively with hardware unit, when I did 'Imaginary Vectors' live cover (my last youtube video).
Already mentioned, now it's possible to name the chains the same way as programs.
Also I fixed several minor issues with chain switching, altogether it should give more solid chain switching and more predictable behaviour.
MIDI pass thru There are 2 undocumented in the manual special modes - when you set number of steps to 1 or to 0.
steps = 1 - quantized midi thru. Good for real-time quantizing, when you play bass lines or drones and want to make them beat-perfect.
steps = 0 - unquantized 'dummy' midi thru. The same as setting arp mode to thru, the purpose is to make it possible to incorporate this into chains and switch between several arped chains and live playing (I also do this in my imaginary vectors cover).

Oleg,
thank you very much for the new version and the bugfix! Works very well in the AU Midi FX version in Logic. This is highly appreciated!
All the best for your hardware project,
Uli

cineplus wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:17 pm I had the impression that the previous version timing was all but tight.
Thanks
I rendered out the output in a few DAW´s a couple of month ago and the rendered midi notes were all over the place... some a bit too early some a bit late nearly no note was where it should have been...

Didn´t try the new version, but timing of the previous was more than bad...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:30 pm ...Just tried 2.2.8. The selected skin isn't being remembered. I think this is an old bug that was resolved that somehow regressed. At least, I'm pretty sure it was working at one point. This is using VST in Windows.
My bug, for some reason I placed old BlueARP.ini inside the archive.
Take this file from 2.2.7 and replace it, it will fix the problem.
It's only with windows version, osx one is ok,

Hi Graywolf,

First and foremost Thanks a lot for all your hard work and your commitment to updating and improving your product and for making it free so far. I have not used arpeggiators much so I am no expert. I am enjoying getting to know it and use it within Cubase.
I am finding one or couple issues with GUI. First it does not remember the last place I saved presets and, since Windows 10 is picky, I prefer to save presets to my own-created folder on a different drive and not in the installation folder on the C: drive. So every time I save a custom preset I have to go through several clicks to get to my folder. It would be great if it remembered the last place where something was saved, like other programs do.
Also, I am loading a previously saved custom preset program into a custom bank with only two presets and it does not appear in the list or replace the ones already there? I can save a bank and load a bank and that works OK but loading individual preset programs is not working for me.
Otherwise all is great. Congratulations on your BlueArp.

graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:32 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:30 pm ...Just tried 2.2.8. The selected skin isn't being remembered. I think this is an old bug that was resolved that somehow regressed. At least, I'm pretty sure it was working at one point. This is using VST in Windows.
My bug, for some reason I placed old BlueARP.ini inside the archive.
Take this file from 2.2.7 and replace it, it will fix the problem.
It's only with windows version, osx one is ok,
I see your latest BlueArp download has a date 1/20/2019 and this post is from 1/21/2019. Did you fix this or should I follow instructions and download 2.2.7 and replace the .ini file?

Yep, can we download 2.2.8 or is it still the broken version?

Thanks,
Mario

Nothing is broken in 2.2.8 version. Just if you want to use other skins, then take the.ini file from previous version and replace it with the one of the newest version.

Sure, but I'd like to have a version that doesn't need this patch procedure should I reinstall... :)

- Mario

Is it possible to limit number of steps for a page, to value lower than 16?
I found I can limit total number of steps, but then I cannot add more pages.

Why I would like to see it?
For example for 6/8 beat which require 12 steps per page (four, 3-step bars). In case of need of 24 steps for this beat, editing is a bit uncomfortable.. Such sequence is split into 16 and 8 steps. Even worse, pages don't contain complete bars. The first page contain first 5 bars and one step from 6th bar.

This is why ability to set a page size to 12 steps would be very useful.

Extending this request, it would be nice to have option to change a visualization of bar length. Right now it's fixed to 4 steps. In case of 6/8 beat, I would like to see 3 steps per bar.

thanks in advance
with regards

There's an issue with CC pass-through settings apparently. The bend wheel, no matter what I do, it's still effecting the instrument. Where the mod wheel seems not responding at all..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKOHs4r7PZo

Return to “Instruments”