One-Synth-Challenge 45: Alchemy - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy

ONE-SYNTH-CHALLENGE WEBSITE

RULES:
- Submissions MUST comply with ALL the rules HERE.
- Only the full version (paid or demo) of Alchemy can be used, not the Alchemy player.
- Alchemy limited to additive and spectral engines, but with strictly no samples allowed, only sounds designed from scratch. In other words, any patch that is using Additive or Spectral engines must have been made from scratch. If it's a patch is using VA mode, only the factory waveforms are allowed.
The factory waveforms are in these folders:
- Basic
- Pulse
- Saw
- Sine
- Square
Here is a video showing what's allowed and not:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOR3eanB7yE - Prize winning entries will be checked for sample usage, but others might be as well.
- Song(s) must be submitted before 1st November (KVR time)

PRIZES:
Camel Audio : 5 separate prizes:
- 1 Alchemy license + 1 Sound Library of choice
- 4 x Sound Library of choice

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster 'factory'

Wusik : Wusik Station Full + Wusik EVE Full

MaxSynths : Free choice of either Crisalys, Cryologic, Teutonic Tension or aPiano

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Electric Himalaya : Free choice of one soundset (as sold directly via the website)

Luftrum : Free choice of one soundset for either Glass Viper, Roland Gaia SH-01, Animoog or Reason
Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures) Image

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Platinum BundleImage

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by V'ger on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Edited: Modes other than only VA are now allowed as long as no samples are used.

Last edited by V'ger on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I can only find Alchemy Player version 1.25.0 with a four weeks trial of full version.

Where can I get version 1.50.0 demo?

Go here: https://www.camelaudio.com/getfreealchemyplayer.php

I know it's slightly confusing but as it says:

"Please enter your email address below and we will send you a download link for the free Alchemy Player VST/AU/RTAS plugin, which includes a 4 week full Alchemy optional demo."

V'ger wrote:Go here: https://www.camelaudio.com/getfreealchemyplayer.php

I know it's slightly confusing but as it says:

"Please enter your email address below and we will send you a download link for the free Alchemy Player VST/AU/RTAS plugin, which includes a 4 week full Alchemy optional demo."
I did that.. and in my email link it sends me to the page to download and I am getting the 1.25 version.. I don't see a 1.50 version on there.

not taking part this time...................

coz in india it takes ages to download 2-3 gb............

:(

you can download the 1.50RC version on your user area on camel audio.

So... I'm using camel free. I should 'enable' the demo inside it, right?

beatsmanshion wrote:not taking part this time...................

:(
On Camel Audio's page there's this:

Trouble Downloading?
We recommend
Orbit (Win) or
iGetter (Mac).
They are free or work in demo mode, and will improve download speeds and resume a download if the connection is broken.

I know there's many other download managers as well, ReGet or Free Download Manager for example. For Firefox there's an extension called Downthemall.

waltercruz wrote:you can download the 1.50RC version on your user area on camel audio.

Hey Thanks for that.. I found it.. its downloading now.. only 60 mb.. thanks for the heads up on this.

Was stoked until I read the restriction caveat... whyforhowcome? You seem apologetic to offer "yet another VA synth", this thing does way more but you want to chain folks to only use the VA parts...[scratches head]...
Last edited by Rob West on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,

Thanks V'ger for choosing doing a one-synth-challenge with Alchemy! We'd be happy to donate Alchemy + 5 Sound Libraries of choice as prizes for this competition :)
I did that.. and in my email link it sends me to the page to download and I am getting the 1.25 version.. I don't see a 1.50 version on there.
We haven't officially released Alchemy Player v1.5 - currently its available as a release candidate. In order to download this, you'll need to create an account if you haven't already done so ( https://www.camelaudio.com/signup.php ), log-in, go to the downloads page, click link towards the top of the page and then download. Alternatively, I don't see any reason in principle why you couldn't use Alchemy Player v1.25.
not taking part this time...................

The plugin itself is only 40MB, without presets. The presets and samples come to a total of 570MB.
Yes - thats right.

Its absolutely not my decision, but I'm curious about why the competition is VA only? Even if you want to avoid the use of samples, you could allow use of the spectral engine and additive engines, but specifying that no sample import can be used - just sounds designed from scratch. If you need someone to check whether a preset was designed from scratch or not, email it to support and we can adjudicate. I totally understand if you prefer to stick to just VA, but just thought I'd mention it as an option.

I highly recommend those unfamiliar with Alchemy check out the tutorial videos here:
http://www.camelaudio.com/tutorials.php?tID=14
Or the manual:
http://www.camelaudio.com/alchemymanual/

Good luck everyone :)
Ben

Yeah, especially since the past many moons have been filled with VA's, any chance to lift that restriction to simply "no use of samples"?

z.prime wrote:Yeah, especially since the past many moons have been filled with VA's, any chance to lift that restriction to simply "no use of samples"?
What would be wrong with using the included samples as well?

Robert West wrote:
z.prime wrote:Yeah, especially since the past many moons have been filled with VA's, any chance to lift that restriction to simply "no use of samples"?
What would be wrong with using the included samples as well?
I, for one, already own Alchemy so I have a bunch more than the demo and I don't have a good way of determining which would be okay to use or not.

I *am* really looking forward to this month, though, because I haven't scratched the surface of Alchemy's potential... will be a great learning experience.

Return to “Instruments”