List of Vsti's that support Tun/scala files for Microtonal

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

List of Vsts that support Tun/scala files for microtonal stuff?

so far I have

Pianoteq

Dimension Pro

Zebra

Harmor

Saxlab

any others?

Orion's internal plugs

I think Kontakt does? I know it has it's own internal tunings but Kontakt sucks for Midi guitar which is what I am using. any other samplers like Kontakt that allow you to import tun files?
Last edited by memyselfandus on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alchemy, Rhino, Omnisphere, Aalto, Logics internal synths (Some scl not tun)

VAZ Modular...you can do it globally, or within a patch using Quantize module.

Rapture, Plogue Chipsounds, Garritan ARIA Player

Here are a few more prominent instruments that use microtonal tunings ...

ZynAddSubFX - Old timer with great synth inside.

FMTS and IVOR plugins from Xen Arts

Homegrown Piano - Has excellent samples with or without the tuning.

Astralis - from the same HGSounds website

Z3TA - Both the old Z3TA+ and the new Z3TA-2 allow scale tunings. Here's an example of a tune done in 17 EDO using Z3TA+ and FMTS. Arranged in MULAB. The percussion is a MultiSampla Kit created from a bunch of recordings made around the house by Chris Vaisvil. The tune is called - It's Prime. Anytime you leave the realm of normal Western tuning, it bites a little.
Last edited by jpumphandle on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korg's M1 and MonoPoly (soft-synths) allow a limited microtuning(?) adjustment in the global options. You can adjust each note +/- 99 cents. You can't load tun/scala files as far as I know. Don't know about Korg's other soft synths as I don't have them (yet).

Tassman supports microtuning. You can't load scala/TUN files but someone made a microtuning module(or whatever). You have to tune it by ear or with something like Voxengo's SPAN or something.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

Wusikstation does. And, you can import samples and construct multisample instruments (as well as export sfz files).

Baxter
Last edited by Baxter on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tassman's microtune module only supports 12-notes/octave tunings tho, with a +/-300 cent range per each note.

Thanks for the list, going to give Aalto a deeper look! (didn't know it supports microtuning)

Diva and ACE by U-he, and Straightliner by RS-met

Blade - Rob Papen

FM8 -NI

Harmless - Image Line

Ogun - Image Line

tetsuneko wrote:Tassman's microtune module only supports 12-notes/octave tunings tho, with a +/-300 cent range per each note.

Thanks for the list, going to give Aalto a deeper look! (didn't know it supports microtuning)
It does, but unfortunately just live but not for the sequencer yet

Albino, Cronox3 (not sure about CrX4), Alpha

Hi guys.

I'm taking advantage of this thread to ask about microtonal thing.
What is microtonal? I mean, what is it for?

I heard many times of it, but what is the main purpose of this?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day :)

http://www.emusician.com/news/0766/microtuning/144933

I like the Werckmeister III tuning. I've messed around with Wendy Carlos' tunings a little bit.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

Cuauhtli wrote:http://www.emusician.com/news/0766/microtuning/144933

I like the Werckmeister III tuning. I've messed around with Wendy Carlos' tunings a little bit.
Thank you very much. Interesting article.

Have a good day :)

Return to “Instruments”