- bkChannelTool: A utility plugin which combines various functionality related to processing of stereo signals.
- bkChorus: A multi-mode chorus/modulation/stereo expansion effect.
- bkClipper: A versatile soft clipper/waveshaper.
- bkCrusher: A digital "bit crusher" effect which combines sample word size reduction with sample rate reduction to achieve those nasty digital artifacts which sometimes are just what you are looking for.
- bkDelay: A versatile Stereo delay effect. Provides classic digital/analog/tape-style/ping pong/modulated delay, chorus, flanger and other effects. Also well suited for artificial stereo image generation or stereo widening.
- bkErosion: a popular degrading effect. Besides the classic effect, can alternatively operate as a ring modulator.
- bkFixedFilter: A simple highpass (HP)/lowpass (LP) filter with adjustable slope (6, 12 and 24 dB/oct).
Splits the input signal in upto 3 frequency bands and makes them available on separate outputs for further processing.
- bkDualFilter: A multi-mode dual filter controlled by a Low Frequency Oscillator (LFO). Available filter modes: 4-pole ladder Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, 2-pole Sallen-Key LP, HP, BP, 2-pole Notch, 4-pole Allpass with positive or negative feedback, Comb filter with positive or negative feedback. The ladder and SallenKey filter modes are based on the algorithms of BlauKraut's Charlatan virtual analog synth plugin which emulate classic analog circuits.
The LFO can also control signal amplitude to obtain a tremolo or auto-panning effect.
- bkPitch: A lo-fi pitch shifting effect. This does not attempt to provide natural results but produces lots of artifacts which greatly color the sound and give it "character".
- bkReverb: high-quality algorithmic reverberator. Equally suited for small acoustic ambiences and huge spaces.
- very low CPU usage
- parameter smoothing where it makes sense
- samplerate agnostic (above 44.1 kHz)
- supported platforms: Windows VST3 64-bit, Linux VST3 64-bit
Remark 2: most effects in bkFX deliberately operate without internal oversampling for the reasons stated here:
http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/201 ... ing-rates/
Depending on the type of effect, input signal characteristics and settings, digital aliasing or frequency response warping artifacts can occur. In this case, increasing the project samplerate is recommended. In all but the most extreme cases, working at 88.2kHz or 96kHz should yield excellent audio quality with acceptable CPU usage. For the final rendering of a project, an even higher samplerate might be advantagous.
Remark 3: bkFX currently is in Beta stage which means there might be changes coming in following releases that break projects using the effects. Personally, I feel the feature set and DSP/algorithms are fairly complete but I like to wait for your feedback before declaring them stable.
0.7.2 Beta (2022-08-08)
- CLAP: fix potential crash
- CLAP: allow editing value by text input (if host supports this)
- Fix CLAP compatibility
- Linux: fix compatibility with major distros (e.g. Debian Stable, Ubuntu 20.04)
- CLAP: enable parameter modulation
- Add CLAP support (see cleveraudio.org)
- Fix Linux VST3 compatibility with Ardour and possibly other hosts
- NEW bkReverb: high-quality algorithmic reverberator. Equally suited for small acoustic ambiences and huge spaces.
- NEW bkDualFilter (replaces bkModFilter): two multi-mode filters that can be routed in serial or parallel
Available filter modes: 4-pole ladder Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, 2-pole Sallen-Key LP, HP, BP, 2-pole Notch, 4-pole Allpass with positive or negative feedback, Comb filter with positive or negative feedback
- NEW bkChorus (replaces bkEnsemble):
Chorus: classic two-voice chorus
Chorus+: four-voice chorus
Ensemble: chorus effect from classic string synths (taken over from bkEnsemble)
Dimension: popular modern stereo expansion effect
Dimension+: popular modern stereo expansion effect
- NEW bkErosion: a popular degrading effect. Besides the classic effect, can alternatively operate as a ring modulator.
- Switch to VST3 64-bit (VST2 dropped)
- bkClipper: add sinusoid fold-back waveshaping
- bkClipper: reduce aliasing
- new Linux 64-bit builds
- FIX: crashes with 32-bit versions
- bkFreqSplitter: improved frequency response when using all 3 bands
- bkModFilter: revised LP4 filter
- bkModFilter: revised/fixed HP2/HP4 filters
- bkModFilter: new 2-pole Notch and 4-pole Bandpass filter modes
bkFX 0.7.2 Beta Windows CLAP
bkFX 0.7.2 Beta Windows VST3
bkFX 0.7.2 Beta Linux CLAP
bkFX 0.7.2 Beta Linux VST3