Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

nusound mind wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:07 pmI'm still pre-new preset browser version too, it's great. Even a 0.1% chance of something going fucky trying to update is not worth the risk to me, Spire works like a dream and if it ain't broke...
Well, if something doesn't work the way you want, you can simply re-install the old version.

There is NO risk. ;)

nusound mind wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:07 pm Even a 0.1% chance of something going fucky trying to update is not worth the risk to me..
Do you think that way for every plugin that's out there? You'd be missing out.

No I update most plugins usually, not all but most. Spire has never crashed, sounds exactly how I'd want it to, cost next to nothing cpu, so for me there's no reason.

Occasionally something goes haywire trying to update plugins, so I'm reticent in cases where if that happened it'd be a big deal. I get why most would want to update Spire, though. Maybe once every project it's on is done and printed I'll update. The new reverbs are very enticing, admittedly.

nusound mind wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:34 pm The new reverbs are very enticing, admittedly.
They're great, but, if you feel like staying on your version, nothing wrong with that, if it works fine for you.

The most important update surely was when they re-wrote the synth engine, and the CPU usage was cut in 1/3 of what it was or something.

Summer Sale Announced!
30% discount on all prices from June 17 to July 1
www.reveal-sound.com

I don't see the discount for the synth. I only see certain sound packs that are discounted.
Edit: Oh nvm, it will be in 3 days, not today.

If you use an educational discount, you can get Spire for $66 during the Summer Sale!

fisherKing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:36 pm i abandoned sylenth1 (one of my most-used plugins) when logic X came out. now, the more i play with spire, the more i find myself NOT missing S1. glad to see another new bank of presets, too.

i emailed lennard several times over several years, asking for a 64bit mac AU. no response, ever. NOW he's working on it... and (for me), it's maybe too late (sad, too...).

spire IS the new sylenth1...
It's a shame development came to a halt on Sylenth1. I would have liked to see a modern expanded Sylenth with brand new features going toe-to-toe with Spire.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:11 pm
fisherKing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:36 pm i abandoned sylenth1 (one of my most-used plugins) when logic X came out. now, the more i play with spire, the more i find myself NOT missing S1. glad to see another new bank of presets, too.

i emailed lennard several times over several years, asking for a 64bit mac AU. no response, ever. NOW he's working on it... and (for me), it's maybe too late (sad, too...).

spire IS the new sylenth1...
It's a shame development came to a halt on Sylenth1. I would have liked to see a modern expanded Sylenth with brand new features going toe-to-toe with Spire.
2013..! amazing to see a response to such an ancient post.

i bought sylenth1... 3 times. sold my license... 3 times. (missed it). but now, am fine with other synths, and spire is, for me, still essential. but i think sylenth1, just as it is... is a great, and valid plugin

It's kind of strange that Lennard doesn't make more out of his synth. Most popular VSTi ever, many people crave it, and there never was a version 2 which does more of what version 1 does. Heck, it doesn't even do PWM, and people have to wait forever for a native M1 version or VST3. I just don't get it. The guy has the absolute winner and does nothing out of it.

Sorry for offtopic rant, of course this should rather be about Spire, the new Sylenth1. :tu: Although I rather see it as the Virus of the soft synth world. :D

Wasn't it rumoured that Lennard makes vastly more money programming for some big company and the Sylenth revenue just doesn't compare?

Actually it occurs to me that small plugin developer's incomes are probably the least talked about things on forums like this. I think it might be considered too controversial or bad taste.

knowix wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:04 pm Wasn't it rumoured that Lennard makes vastly more money programming for some big company and the Sylenth revenue just doesn't compare?
Would make perfect sense to me, taking a look at the development of Sylenth1.

Especially after 15 years, and so many soft synths superseding it in terms of features, and some also in sound.

knowix wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:04 pm Wasn't it rumoured that Lennard makes vastly more money programming for some big company and the Sylenth revenue just doesn't compare?

Actually it occurs to me that small plugin developer's incomes are probably the least talked about things on forums like this. I think it might be considered too controversial or bad taste.
Some developers are more open. Blackrooster audio is a small plugin developer, they had a short 70% off sale for COVID19 in 2020, they made $254,495 and then donated $25,449.54 to the WHO. I'm pretty sure that's only a tiny portion of what larger players in the market like Arturia and U-he make.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

That was a one off sales, and don't forget you don't know their overhead. For instance I think most if not all of their plugins are developed by third party contractors.
rsp
sound sculptist

Spire is the only synth that means I have to keep a VST2 Folder going, everything else I use is VST3....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”