Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Curve 2 CM

glokraw wrote: They know that 32 bit only sounds half as good as 64 bit,

jens wrote:
glokraw wrote:[.
They know that 32 bit only sounds half as good as 64 bit,
and that nobody cares, because hiphop still sells at 16 bit.

I?m not quite sure whether you are kidding or not, but just to make sure:

The 64bit version of any given plugin should sound 100% identical to its 32bit counterpart or else there is a bug somewhere.
I'm pretty sure this is the case. Being 32-bit or 64-bit is mainly a matter of being able to address more memory. For a synth, I don't see where's the isuue of only being able to address 4 GB of memory. If it works well bridged, what's the problem?
Fernando (FMR)

bharris22 wrote:Wow - thank you - this is an excellent summary. One additional question - can Curve 2 presets be loaded into Curve 2 CM (I understand that CM does not have all of the functionality of the full version, and therefore the results will likely be different than when using the same preset in the full version).

Thanks!!
We've adjusted some of our favorite Curve 2 presets for Curve 2 CM and added them to Curve 2 CM's preset library. But besides that, Curve 2 presets cannot be loaded in Curve 2 CM.

I guess that we'll release a Curve 2 update at the end of next week - then all sounds which get uploaded with Curve 2 CM will be automatically added to Curve 2's preset library as well (including the ones which are already in Curve 2 CM's library).

Wow, hopped on to check the news, recent posts, etc., as I try to do every couple of days, and in the list of threads with recent posts EVERY ONE OF THEM, except the Scuffham Amps S-Gear was packed to the full with whining, moaning and constant complaining. Pretty immature and pretty amazing. You're never satisfied because you have no self-control, no discipline and compass for your lives, and also because most of you are informed by myth and false information. glokraw offers a perfect example here: "32 bit only sounds half as good as 64 bit." That's not only completely untrue, its author knew it was false information when posting it. A circus of blind guides and snake oil salemen, I really pity some of you.

Someone else offered as an excuse while admitting to this bad conduct, that you behave like this because "you care." I suggest it's more because many of you were raised as narcissistic spoiled brats who simply never learned the first thing about manners or how to behave like adults.

What strikes me as the huge irony of the KVR forums is that some of the most knowledgeable and experienced sound professionals pass through here, but at the same time so do some of the most immature, misbehaved and shameful. You do realise you wouldn't last 5 minutes in a professional setting, so better to stay home with your attitudes and unappreciated freebies on the one hand and your hyped and overpriced fanboi toys on the other. It's so reassuring to confirm that this freak niche of the music business is as dirty sleazy and full of parasites as in certain other quarters.

Naturally, this post is my considered opinion, so you are completely free to ignore my observations and continue to deceive yourselves. You have every right instead to fritter your lives and reputations away.
Last edited by The Telenator on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

^Gah, what a whiner.....
What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson

"Gah"? Reverting to baby talk now or incoherence to help prove my point? What a winner you are! Don't feel you have to prove anything to me. There are no mysteries to this site, as I expect the whole recording and sound world knows. Thank you so very much, and Cheers!

A first video by ComputerMusic on Curve 2 CM is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgE2QPkzpTE

More on the latest issue, Computer Music 188, March 2013:

http://www.musicradar.com/computermusic ... now-570484

ahh, copy a single dll to install, nice!
I wish more people did this, thanks guys!

gamecat666 wrote:ahh, copy a single dll to install, nice!
I wish more people did this, thanks guys!
+1 !

Super simple installation :tu: :love:

The Telenator wrote:Naturally, this post is my considered opinion, so you are completely free to ignore my observations and continue to deceive yourselves. You have every right instead to fritter your lives and reputations away.
Aw bless, he thinks we have reputations to uphold.

:hihi:

The Telenator wrote:Wow, hopped on to check the news, recent posts, etc., as I try to do every couple of days, and in the list of threads with recent posts EVERY ONE OF THEM, except the Scuffham Amps S-Gear was packed to the full with whining, moaning and constant complaining. Pretty immature and pretty amazing. You're never satisfied because you have no self-control, no discipline and compass for your lives, and also because most of you are informed by myth and false information. glokraw offers a perfect example here: "32 bit only sounds half as good as 64 bit." That's not only completely untrue, its author knew it was false information when posting it. A circus of blind guides and snake oil salemen, I really pity some of you.

Someone else offered as an excuse while admitting to this bad conduct, that you behave like this because "you care." I suggest it's more because many of you were raised as narcissistic spoiled brats who simply never learned the first thing about manners or how to behave like adults.

What strikes me as the huge irony of the KVR forums is that some of the most knowledgeable and experienced sound professionals pass through here, but at the same time so do some of the most immature, misbehaved and shameful. You do realise you wouldn't last 5 minutes in a professional setting, so better to stay home with your attitudes and unappreciated freebies on the one hand and your hyped and overpriced fanboi toys on the other. It's so reassuring to confirm that this freak niche of the music business is as dirty sleazy and full of parasites as in certain other quarters.

Naturally, this post is my considered opinion, so you are completely free to ignore my observations and continue to deceive yourselves. You have every right instead to fritter your lives and reputations away.
hypocrisy in action

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 49#5226049
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 81#5229781
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 41#5221041
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The Telenator wrote:glokraw offers a perfect example here: "32 bit only sounds half as good as 64 bit." That's not only completely untrue, its author knew it was false information when posting it.
:dog:

The Telenator wrote:glokraw offers a perfect example here: "32 bit only sounds half as good as 64 bit." That's not only completely untrue, its author knew it was false information when posting it. A circus of blind guides and snake oil salemen, I really pity some of you.
I think glokraw posted that as a joke, maybe not the best ever joke, but still an attempt at a joke :wink:

I agree with you though that it would be better to have more discussion devoted to using Curve 2 CM as an instrument, rather than the never ending 32 Vs 64 bit debate.
Last edited by Numanoid on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

hakey wrote:
The Telenator wrote:glokraw offers a perfect example here: "32 bit only sounds half as good as 64 bit." That's not only completely untrue, its author knew it was false information when posting it.
:dog:
clearly its hard to recognise humour when you're posturing quite that much.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

The Telenator wrote:You're never satisfied because you have no self-control, no discipline and compass for your lives,
I have no compass for my life. Can I get one? Is it 64bit? Cos it'll be hard to run if it's only 32bit, but it works in a bridge, right?

Return to “Instruments”