NAMM 2013 What did you like / not like

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oddly for me it was the kempler poweramp. It's 600 watts. I could see if you were a bass player filling 1000 seat venues it might come in handy but really do you need that much power at an average gig or in a studio?

I liked the Chappers @ NAMM simply because he's Chappers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhN44WIqd0o

I wasn't impressed with the Presonus StudioLive 32.4.2
For that type of money they should either include Dante standard or put a joco directly into it.

I liked the King Korg. Though if I were to buy an outboard keyboard it would need more sampled sounds to work with.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I think, as always, I'll have to wait for the NAMM Oddities pages to go up before finding anything to get really excited about. :)

Pre ordered both the Sub Phatty and the Prophet 12 ... So, I'll let you guess what I liked.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I HATED the ibanez offerings! Seriously, do they NOT listen to their customers and only to their endorsees?

Ibanez lovers want more hardtail options that in the prestige range. ALSO, there is an overwhelming love of prestige RGA models on the used market.

ALSO, the sharktooth thing isn't even appealing to the young anymore. TOO many sharktooth models. I don't want glittery, I don't want sharktooth, I want presitge with dat neck and dots (preferably top dots) and either hardtail or edge/edge pro (not edge zero :bang: ) And, some of the ones that are what I want, are not available in the USA :tantrum:

And ENOUGH with the premium stuff......it's not as good......I want prestige/MIJ thanks kbye!

Prophet 12 was the big one for me. I want one badly now, but I'll probably resist the urge, since I don't have space for another keyboard right now...although, a rackmount version would definitely get my money.

The other big news out of NAMM for me was the hint dropped by Nord that they have a new synth on the way.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I only had eyes and ears for the Prophet 12, the rest of the new synth products was mildly interesting to see, but not interesting enough to me to sonsider buying it.
Looking forward to having the P12 in my studio :)

Prophet 12 ...

The Prophet 5 was my first hardware synth. Lots of wood, knobs and lights.

I heard a concert where the musician was playing a Prophet 10 ( two Prophet 5's) and it sounded great.

This is exciting!

liked: the chicks.
disliked: the plane.

hibidy Why do you torture yourself with ibby? You love them they don't love you. Find yourself a nice hometown girl instead of one of those pierced and tatted cosplay things.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

There were quite some cool things on the Namm - at this moment, my personal favorite is the two meter long snake-like speaker from K-Array. You can connect up to 16 of them making a bendable speaker that is 32 meters long. Incredibly cool :shock:

What I disliked about the Namm is this whole madness going on with iPads and touch-screens. IT HAS TO END! Although that the Slate Raven is a magnificent piece of technology - I cannot imagine a situation where I would like to make a mixdown on a huge touch screen. One wrong movement and you mess up your settings. What an utterly stupid idea.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I'm with you there. Although sometimes I just wish they (manufactures) would support Android and Surface. Especially for remote mixing.

Any one check out any software vendors? Anyone check out Sound Magic? I forget who else was there, but probably others.
John
"B4serenity"

Most of the big names software vendors don't show. Lots of money for a booth and not a lot of payout. NAMM is all about hardware builders connecting with middle man distributors and ma/pa stores. Ma/Pa stores eat it big when they can't move software before the next major release.

Gotcha! I'd love to get a ticket in one day. Mainly to check out guitar stuff.
John
"B4serenity"

tapper mike wrote:hibidy Why do you torture yourself with ibby? You love them they don't love you. Find yourself a nice hometown girl instead of one of those pierced and tatted cosplay things.
:lol:

I love them so

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”