Korg M1 and Wavestation constantly needing Authorization (over and over)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll copy your text into a file for future reference. Thank you. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I experienced similar problems, my Korg plugins, all of them, took ages to load (version 1.3, 64 bit compatible. Win 7 64bit)

This problem seems to occur when you install the vsts more than once, since the korg license manager seems to scan each license multiple times, once for everytime you installed the plugin.
This is what helped in my case (backup files before overwriting/deleting them!)
(my loading time for legacy cell vst reduced from 110 seconds to just 20s :) )

find the following folder
...\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Korg\LM\
and delete all hyclmxxxxxx.xml files, except the file actually called hyclm.xml

then open the file
...\ProgramData\Korg\LM\licenses.txt
in an editor.
If you see a license more than once, you can delete that line. (but leave one line free between each license code)
Safest way to do this is to copy/paste one line, enter it in the search engine,
and see if you find a duplicate.
(The license.txt file might be write protected, so make a new text file of the same name and copy the contents there.)

(perhaps this wil also help with similar problems concerning korg plugins)

They want you to switch over to Korg Gadgets ...

martinjuenke wrote:They want you to switch over to Korg Gadgets ...
You're being sarcastic, but true is they are launching a new product where several things are similar to what is already in KLC, while KLC doesn't have an update since a very long time. :help:
Fernando (FMR)

Ask Korg to go back to using elicenser.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Any luck with the standalone version?

Mine will not work since I changed from a MOTU Mi8croBook 2 to a Onyx.

I am using FL Studio on Win 7 64bit. I have the license authorization problem as well, but I've narrowed it down (this has been demonstrated consistently). I have a program that closes my internet connection. It's called InternetOff. I don't have a problem if I start the plugin if my cable modem is not on, regardless of InternetOff's settings.

If my cable modem is on and my internet access is stopped due to InternetOff's (Turn off the internet - setting) then I will get the registration required dialog. If I unblock my internet connection and restart FL Studio and the plugin the problem goes away. I haven't checked to see if it's phoning home constantly or intermittently. I had re-registered three times before I identified the problem. It doesn't require re-registration- just a restart.

Other than that, the problem is some MDE-X presets crash my daw. The Mastering 6db is one of them. As long as I don't use those presets everything is fine. I think there are three, but I don't remember the other two.

Would I recommend them? M1 is very nice if you're looking for retro. I have Mono-Poly, and it has a great retro sound as well. MDE-X is great for limiters, compressors, amp sims, various delays including multitap, reverbs, eq and lo-fi bit reduction stuff. There's a whole lot there, and they sound great and have some of the better analog sims I've heard. The interface is small though, but I'm happy. So, yes, I think I would.

I've had this problem for a while now. I fixed it by just giving up.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Speaking of the lack of updates, the Mac versions will need one soon. The standalone apps fail to launch here on the 10.13 public beta. Plugins are fine.
Image Image Image Image

. . . and now my Korg MS20c controller has stopped working. The patchbay has not effect on the software. The keys and knobs are still working.

That's the advantage of using Windows. Here, everything is working fine. The problems are caused by Apple, with the Mac OS constant changing of OS version, which usually breaks compatibility. Which, BTW, is reinforcing what I said. Instead of launching a (supposedly) new product, Korg should, instead, support what they already have in the market, and eventually, improve those and expand the line.

KLC are fully featured virtual instruments, which would only need bigger GUIs, (and possibily better editing GUIs). Their counterparts in that Gadget thing don't offer anything that wasn't already there, AFAIK.
Fernando (FMR)

this maybe can be caused by virtual machine software, like virtualbox. when you place there a ethernet bridge, this shit started for me. i have to register legacy at each boot new, over and over.

fmr wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:22 am That's the advantage of using Windows. Here, everything is working fine. The problems are caused by Apple, with the Mac OS constant changing of OS version, which usually breaks compatibility.
exactly! Been using M1 and WS here for years on winxpSP3 for years
with no hitch :party:

in fact, M1 is still my main pad machine :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I had the same issue with them needing reauthorization randomly using Win7 64bit. I had made sure that I only had one instance of the plugins installed (because I HAD made some extra copies because sometimes they would also randomly not be found by Cubase until I moved them to a different folder) but that didn't seem to help. For other reasons I decided to leave my wi-fit dongle plugged in and have my computer online at all times and I never had a problem since. Neither with the plugs not being found, nor with them needing to be re-authorized. They have worked perfect ever since.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

Return to “Instruments”