How to extend range for CB2 trumpet?

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a song in which I need to extend the lower range for the trumpet. Problem is, doesn't seem to work. Here's my mapping editor

You can see I've extended the lower range, but the additional notes don't sound.

I tried the same thing with a EWQL patch, and it worked. So something is different with this instrument.

It's in the script settings. If you go into the script editor (TVEC 4 Basic Settings) and bypass it you'll hear the extended range you created; just make sure to LOWER YOUR VOLUME because all the groups will play at the same time if you disable the script!

I don't think the script can be edited. AFAIK, only Kirk can do that, but I may be wrong.

But you could do what you wanted and just manually disable all the groups you don't want to hear (all 499 of them!). Mind you, why you'd want to lower the pitch of the trumpet to where no trumpet naturally plays is another question... ;)

Arglebargle wrote:I have a song in which I need to extend the lower range for the trumpet. Problem is, doesn't seem to work. Here's my mapping editor

You can see I've extended the lower range, but the additional notes don't sound.

I tried the same thing with a EWQL patch, and it worked. So something is different with this instrument.
Let me work on that for you. Although you DO realize that normally trumpets cannot play lower than the range that was provided, eh?

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”