Reaper, Cream, and Etch problem.

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just trying out the Kirnu Cream beta and I cannot get it to modulate Fxpansion Etch LFO for a wobble bass experiment I'm trying. I can manually adjust the Etch LFO1 Rate slider with my mouse while playing the Bass notes and the wobble sounds great.

I have Cream placed just before Etch on my Bass output Audio track (the Bass audio being received from a different Kontakt synth track). The idea is of course to have Cream modulate the LFO1 Rate slider using its CC pattern lane instead of myself having to do it or try and hand draw a modulation lane within Reaper.

Etch has a Midi Learn function and I am using cc #8. I can seemingly get Etch to Learn the parameter using its native Midi Learn function combined with Cream's "Teach" function but playing back the track I cannot get Etch to actually see the modulation from the CC#8 lane in Cream. I am wondering if Reaper is a problem for Cream or Etch in regards to Cream being able to send proper midi info further down the FX path within a track.

EDIT: Nevermind!!! CREAM HAS A BUG!
edit2: wtf? Nevermind... cream doesn't have a bug? just tested it again, no problems... wtf.
Edit3: Tested again, still no bug.
old post wrote:download midi monitor for rs-met: http://www.rs-met.com/software/freebies ... r_v0.5.zip

place it between cream and etch, see what's going on

Cream + Surge works... (but don't try surge, it can't re-sync its LFO after every step/change, it's definitely Surge's problem).

Soo, must be Etch's fault or you must be doing something wrong.

-Click on CC [1] in the Patterns section.
-Make sure TEACH [T] button is teaching CC1
-Now make sure your parameter has learned CC1.

I made the mistake of thinking CC 1 in the patterns section = CC1. Not true. It equals whatever you set the TEACH [T] button to.
Last edited by Architeuthis on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The bug may be this: At 1/2 step speed, it sends CC pretty reliably. Any faster and it only sometimes sends CC.

Architeuthis wrote:The bug may be this: At 1/2 step speed, it sends CC pretty reliably. Any faster and it only sometimes sends CC.
Hmm, can't reproduce this error. Maybe try your setup with a shorter GATE timing (main knob at top) in Cream.

Return to “Kirnu”