Synapse Audio Dune 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE

Ok, so I'm hearing buzz on this and I see some of the Synapse guys on here so I would like to ask, how much is Dune going to change from 1 to 2? How much of the engine will be intact?

The reason I ask is that I have LOVED Dune since it came out, but due to being in grandschool for like half of forver, I've been lax in buying it (my demo expired ages ago).

I really like Dune 1 and if there is a fundamental shift in the sound, I'd like to buy it now before Dune 2. If Dune 2 is mostly Dune 1 + other stuff, I can wait.

But Dune does what I like in VST form, it's very special to me. And if I can make a suggestion, can you guys do a CEM modeled synth? Like sort of a Matrix 1000, DW6000 mix up? CEM has been all but neglected in the VST world. Yes, :hihi: some of us have to be weird and like the Virus C, the DWs and other stuff that isn't so in the limelight.

[Mod edit: release thread here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=410603]

A few requests for Dune 2.

The ability to import user wav files as well as sfz import.

A randomize Arp pattern function.

Would be very cool if a riff maker could be included in the Arp
I haven't used Orion for a while but I remember it had a pretty cool trance pattern generator.
Extend the amount of steps in the arp from 32 to 128.
A semi intelligent patch randomizer.

Scala tuning support.
If Dune had XY support something on the lines of Omnisphere's Orb you could really get sounds that evolved over a long period. A luxery but a bloody good one :)

Most of the above all seem to be targeted at the arp but I think it would make Dune way more fun.

I would like a better way to modulate the additional voices other than through the mod matrix. That seems a bit awkward to me.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I would like the arp and trancegate from nexus.. Should be possible...
Finally!

MetroSonus wrote: The reason I ask is that I have LOVED Dune since it came out, but due to being in grandschool for like half of forver, I've been lax in buying it (my demo expired ages ago).
The demo doesn't expire, it's a restrictive type of demo, but doesn't expire.
You can also just get the CM magazine free version, if you can't afford it right now.

MetroSonus wrote:Ok, so I'm hearing buzz on this and I see some of the Synapse guys on here so I would like to ask, how much is Dune going to change from 1 to 2? How much of the engine will be intact?

The reason I ask is that I have LOVED Dune since it came out, but due to being in grandschool for like half of forver, I've been lax in buying it (my demo expired ages ago).

I really like Dune 1 and if there is a fundamental shift in the sound, I'd like to buy it now before Dune 2. If Dune 2 is mostly Dune 1 + other stuff, I can wait.

But Dune does what I like in VST form, it's very special to me. And if I can make a suggestion, can you guys do a CEM modeled synth? Like sort of a Matrix 1000, DW6000 mix up? CEM has been all but neglected in the VST world. Yes, :hihi: some of us have to be weird and like the Virus C, the DWs and other stuff that isn't so in the limelight.
I dont know if they will stop selling V1, but V2 is quite dufferent.

New osc, filters etc etc. Lots of new stuff. Buy V1 if you really like it and upgrade later if you also like V2.

mcnoone wrote:You can also just get the CM magazine free version, if you can't afford it right now.
Or get Dune BE from BEAT: http://www.beatdrive.de/?t=plugins&id=8
Wonder whether my advice worth a penny? Check my music at Soundcloud and decide for yourself.
re:vibe and Loki Fuego @ Soundcloud

Richard Hoffman (Synapse Audio) gives a small hint about DUNE 2 in the latest Beat mag.

I've translated it for you guys:
Dune 2 is a completely new development and our biggest plug-in project so far.
The basic idea and the workflow are indeed similar, all DSP algorithms, starting from the oscillators and the filters to the effects are new tho.

The aim was to increase the sound quality significantly on one side, on the other side the new vector processing engine takes use of SSE and will be able to handle multiple cores simultaneously.

This way the CPU load won't spike despite using complex DSP algorithms.
In addition to the engine there are of course a lot of new features such as graphic envelopes or the possibility to modulate effect parameters.

This will result in a richer sound palette you'll be able to realize.

ragout wrote:Richard Hoffman (Synapse Audio) gives a small hint about DUNE 2 in the latest Beat mag.

I've translated it for you guys:
Dune 2 is a completely new development and our biggest plug-in project so far.
The basic idea and the workflow are indeed similar, all DSP algorithms, starting from the oscillators and the filters to the effects are new tho.

The aim was to increase the sound quality significantly on one side, on the other side the new vector processing engine takes use of SSE and will be able to handle multiple cores simultaneously.

This way the CPU load won't spike despite using complex DSP algorithms.
In addition to the engine there are of course a lot of new features such as graphic envelopes or the possibility to modulate effect parameters.

This will result in a richer sound palette you'll be able to realize.
Wow! I feel it will be a hit from now!

Thanks for the translation :-)

All I want is a separate phaser and chorus, and TWO separate filters, separately configurable, and more waveforms.

Trust me, it sounds wicked :wink:

That's all i can say :)

TheoM wrote:Trust me, it sounds wicked :wink:

That's all i can say :)
Nice :)
I should have waited on my SoundBytes review till v2 came out

This is going to be a hugely popular synth. Obviously i'm under NDA, but you guys will be very happy :)

Good to hear multi-core support will be included :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Not that cpu is outrageous by any means anyway. Richard knows code. Dune 1 is in my top ten of all time for sound vs cpu :tu:

This is just better in every way IMO.

obviously i'm not a preset programmer as you ALL know, so i will be focusing on stability for Synapse..As i said to Rich, if i can't break it, no one can! (believe me, bugs always find me if they are there :hihi: )

I won't say any more of course, i guess kriminal is the authority besides Rich on all the features and will know what he is allowed to say or not about technical aspects, to tease you guys :wink:

Return to “Instruments”