E-mu Emulator X3 sounds fantastic!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Emulator X

yuk wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:03 am So far, it seems that the only way to run EMULATOR X3 on CUBASE13 is to launch EMULATOR X3 as a separate instance from CUBASE, such as via jbridge or Vienna Ensemble.
Can you confirm if it works in Komplete Kontrol and Cubase 13. Also what version of KK?

RikkShow wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:27 pm
yuk wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:03 am So far, it seems that the only way to run EMULATOR X3 on CUBASE13 is to launch EMULATOR X3 as a separate instance from CUBASE, such as via jbridge or Vienna Ensemble.
Can you confirm if it works in Komplete Kontrol and Cubase 13. Also what version of KK?
Doesn't work. I downloaded KK 2.9.6 from NI's website (https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... ng-Systems), and while it hosts X3 running standalone, loading it as a VSTi within C13, and then loading X3, hangs Cubase. X3 starts to paint a window within KK, and the whole thing hangs.

I shot mail to Steinberg support asking if there was a workaround or further diagnostics, and they responded (reasonably) that they can't verify all third-party VSTs. Recommended that we contact the vendor of the VSTi. :cry:

RikkShow wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:27 pm
I've never used KK, so I don't know, but using a wrapper that runs inside CUBASE probably won't solve the problem. I set up Fl Studio on CUBASE as VSTi and tried to start EMU X3 inside FL, but it didn't work.

I thought that the most desirable temporary workaround was to use audiogridder, but audiogridder caused an error when scanning EMU X3's plugins.

Jbridge and Vienna Ensemble are the only other way of launching plugins in a separate instance of the DAW that I know of.

Did you guys turn off disk streaming in X3?
You can do it in the standalone X3 and it transfers to the VST. I had to do it to make it work reliably in KK 2.9 and Cubase.
Very disappointing if Cubase went backwards in their vst compatibility...

Streaming doesn't make a difference.

I was able to get C13 to load X3 via JBridge, but it barely hangs on. This is the first time using JBridge, and I don't understand the options yet, but I was able to get the X3 GUI to stabilize when the JBridge GUI was floating separate.

Same with new 13.0.20. What I discovered while trying again is that if I load the program into EMU X3 and immediately turn off the GUI, EMU X3 works without freezing. CUBASE freezes happen after operating EMU X3. Therefore, the problem may have occurred between the GUI management changed in CUBASE 13 and EMU X3.

I'd bet that there is a very good chance that this plugin would work fine with Linux, WINE, and yabridge.
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Emulator x3 now works with Cubase 13.0.30.

Return to “Instruments”