How to play media files in sequence?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I have a problem that is driving me crazy: I have three media files (mp3) and I would like to run them in sequence.
The second file is started automatically at the end of the first and the third is started at the end of the second.
you can do this?

As far as I know this seems not to be possible :(

You need to trigger the media files individually.
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

[EDIT] Forget it :oops:

I do this on a regular basis.
The stop command of the previous sub-session loads the next subsesion and puts it into play.
I'll check my programming - I may have used a loopback to make it work.

OK - here's how I do it:

Make a setlist with the songs in order.

Then create two triggers.
The first is named 'next sub' and its event is Stop. Its action is Send Note D2 to Loopback 1.
The second is named 'play sub' and its event is Sub-session Load. Its action is Send Note C#2 to Loopback 3.

In the MIDI controller assignments the following are entered:
1. Set List -Load Next Song. The controller is Note D2 on Loopback 1
2. Transport Play. The controller is C#2 on Loopback 3.

Each entry in your sub-session list will have the required media file enabled as Sync Master.

If you wish a subession to to load and not play then enable the Trigger for Next Sub / Transport Stop only. Only when you manually play will the file commence playback. When the file ends or you manually invoke Stop, the next subsession will load and play.

If you wish a subsession to load and play then tick both the triggers. The file will load and commence playback. When the file ends or you manually hit stop, the next file will load and play AS LONG BOTH of its triggers are enabled.

If you wish a file to play and stop at its end, then you enable only the Play Sub /Session Load trigger. The file will play and stop at the end.

If you PM me, I will send you a template.

WOW - thanks!

But this is again something I think is too technical in Cantabile - even if it works...
Best regards, TiUser

Of course it's too technical lol :)
It's what we've come to expect when doing anything out of the ordinary with cantabile
:) :) :)

The thing is that there is, invariably, a solution.
Just create these two triggers, keep them in a template and or copy paste and you're good to go.

In reality there should be a function in the set list to allow this to happen with programmable delays between subsessions

pinkcanaru wrote:The thing is that there is, invariably, a solution.
Also I have some affinity to technical solutions one lesson I've learned is that features that are complicated to use are only used by few to none. The majority either will not find the solution or don't take the effort to use it.

That's my opinion how the real world situation looks like - regardless if I (and probably you too) like this or not...
Best regards, TiUser

If we were allowed to post attachments to KVR then it would be as simple as downloading and including in a template.

pinkcanaru wrote:If we were allowed to post attachments to KVR then it would be as simple as downloading and including in a template.
Yes, that would be helpful. :tu:
Best regards, TiUser

Return to “Topten Software”