BUG: Inconsistent PLAY ORDER for adjacent notes

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bad play order (REAPER Project)
Bad play order (MP3) (unexpected behavior)
Good play order (MP3) (expected behavior)

Bug Description: When notes are not overlapping, the play order WILL reset on every new chord despite the fact that NOTE RELEASE is enabled. In some situations, there will be a strange behavior in which the current octave will play back twice in a row when it should actually either be resetting or advancing to the next octave.

Desired/Expected Behavior: When notes are not overlapping and NOTE RELEASE is enabled, the play order should NOT reset. That is because NOTE RELEASE, to me, is a way of virtually overlapping notes without having to make messy overlapping notes in your DAW's midi sequences. Even if you overlap notes, the play order will be strange in some situations in that it will play an octave higher for the first step (which is expected behavior).

CURRENTLY, there is no way, without manually overlapping notes, to access a "play order does not reset on new note" behavior.

Examination of all possible situations:

Situation 1. Notes adjacent
-BUG: If you hold a note long enough for the next octave, the next note will remain in that octave rather than starting over
EXPECTED: The play order should reset on new chord

Situation 2. Notes adjacent, note release
-BUG: If you hold a chord long enough for the next octave, the next note will remain in that octave rather than continuing to next octave
EXPECTED: Play order should continue to next octave / do not reset on new chord

Situation 3. Notes adjacent, reset on new note (works as expected)
-play order resets on new chord

Situation 4. Notes adjacent, note release, reset on new note
-BUG: If you hold a note long enough for the next octave, the next chord will remain in that octave rather than continuing to next octave
EXPECTED: Play order should continue to next octave / do not reset on new chord

HOW TO ACCESS BEHAVIORS (how I think it should work):

1. Play order resets on new chord
Situation 1 and 3

2. Play order does not reset on new chord if notes are adjacent
Situation 2 and 4

Could you provide a Reaper project which includes all the cases mentioned?

It would be very helpful.

-Arto

http://www.elanhickler.com/_/bad_play_order2.RPP

does this help? I detailed in the project what is wrong. let me know if you need more.

Architeuthis wrote:http://www.elanhickler.com/_/bad_play_order2.RPP

does this help? I detailed in the project what is wrong. let me know if you need more.
Yes it does. Everybody should take an example of this as 'The perfect bug report' :)

This issue will be fixed in the next release 1.0.3

Return to “Kirnu”