FXpansion Spam email ?spam? Turbo

Archive support for: fxpansion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi is this legitamate or someone hijacking your (good) name, can't work it out seems rogue to me :

Have removed the links to protect the innocent!

Content-Type: text/html
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Return-Path: anonymous@?spam? Turboservers.net
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 28 May 2013 16:44:38.0429 (UTC) FILETIME=[A4A394D0:01CE5BC2]

It is here!<br><br>

?spam? Turbo has been released as of 2pm EST today!<br><br>

You can get yours at a dishere and get making real music straight away:<br><br>

>>>>>>>> <a href="http://bit.ly/*?spam?*">http://www.*?spam?*.com/</a>

That's right!<br><br>

You can get a great preview of ?spam? Turbo so you can get going making your own rap beats and see for yourself how easy it is!<br><br>

All you need to do is check out the video tutorials and you can make your own beats in about 10 mins time while watching/following along.<br><br>

Be quick though as there is only a trial on for a limited time and they will take this off the market!<br><br>

There has been a huge response already and people have started writing up cool video reviews and samples of their sick beats.<br><br>

Take a look at the site they polished it up nicely and the videos show you first hand how a sick beat gets made in minutes:<br><br>

>>>>>> <a href="http://bit.ly/?spam?">http://www.?spam? ... br><br><br>

Get started today and become a producer that 'gets it' in no time! Be quick though before the promo offer is gone (might already be - look for a 'launch package' graphic you should still see it).
@FXPansion if this is you please sort your marketing out...not cool! Some of the english doesn't even make sense. Seen better spam mail from Nigeria to help my financial erection!

Cheers
Last edited by MFXxx on Tue May 28, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah I got one too.I only opened it because
it headed fxpansion!
Junk ...
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

I got the email too. Wonder if they got hacked?

don't know how they got the mailing list, but clearly this is some other spammer trying to use the fxpansion name for their own purposes - there aren't even any links in the mail pointing to fxpansion, they all point other places.

I've reported it to fxpansion.

Interesting thing is whilst it's headed from FXpansion, the link shows no other domain or address. Likely they've been hacked, disgruntled employee or they've started allowing 3rd party spam mail.

If this is FXpansion I certainly expect a more professional email.

going by the context of the email it looks like that prick who makes dub turbo. note the 'turbo' 'rap beats' in the email. man this guy just wont go away :x the dub turbo site is even considered spam by wot with a big yellow circle.

AstralExistence wrote:going by the context of the email it looks like that prick who makes ?spam? turbo. note the 'turbo' 'rap beats' in the email. man this guy just wont go away :x
Yep I was trying to keep the details out of the thread to protect the innocent, those who maybe naive enough to google, login and buy...save their souls.
Last edited by MFXxx on Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh my! You mean that Fxpansion isn't hooking up with Dumb Turtle?

I got this too.
I would like to extract revenge on these douche bags, just to deter them from such action in the future.

What can we do?
Anyone able to fry the Dubturbo server.

Im really pissed at this invasion of privacy and use of a much respected developers name.

They even have a Privacy Policy on their site, how laughable
Amazon: why not use an alternative

In the header

Received-SPF: none (domain of webatomicservers.net does not designate permitted sender hosts)

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I got this too.
I would like to extract revenge on these douche bags, just to deter them from such action in the future.

What can we do?

Im really pissed at this invasion of privacy and use of a much respected developers name.

While I'd say it might be fun to hassle them for their other questionable...um...marketing schemes, one might want to be certain that Dumb Turtle was indeed the party behind it. They probably are, but it could also be possible that someone else with an axe to grind with either company may as well have done it.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I got this too.

What can we do?

DubTurbo will deny involvement. The link goes through Clickbank.net, which is a big affiliate-selling network. DubTurbo at least pretends to work using affiliate sales, so will just blame an errant 'partner'. You can at least file an abuse claim with Clickbank but all they will do is suspend a single account, and sit idly by as the affiliate sets up another one.

The server that sent the mails is in California and appears to be webatomicservers.net

They've used registry privacy but you can put a request in to get their actual contact details (which will probably be fake, but that provides a way to relieve them of that domain).

I was thinking more along the lines of an unethical revenge
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I got this Fxpansion headed email too today in my inbox, I also got another unsolicited email the other week adressed to 'hey fellow dj', I wondered how this Dub Turbo got my email in the first place. :?

I came here to check for a thread on this first before posting one myself...

Return to “FXpansion”