Sea, forest, rain, ... High quality samples ?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I'm looking for a sample pack wich contains sea, forest, rain, ... sounds with a pro quality (better than Freesound).

I already search on Loopmasters and ProducerLoops but I didn't found what I want...

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Simon

My secret tip (because they're really good & inexpensive):

http://rocksuresoundz.com/sound-effect-packs/

Cool, thank you :)

Ambience will have all this and more when it comes out - but it's still in production.

Mike

The free "Limited by Nature" soundpack is quite good:

http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2013/04 ... by-nature/

Free Ambience Samples

It is free and it has rain recordings. High definition.
The man behind (Paul Virostek) worked on films like Ali, Glory Road etc.

http://www.flstudiomusic.com/2013/07/ov ... sound.html
www.flstudiomusic.com - free downloads, news, reviews, music production tips and more
Submit your news: contact[at]flstudiomusic[dot]com

you should also try out the great free field recordings from wellknown sound-designer Luftrum!

"Free field recordings, recorded with Zoom H2 digital recorder and licensed under Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License. In short that means you are free to use the samples, for commercial and non-commercial purpose - as long as you credit me. Download in 16/24 bit wav or 320 Kbps mp3. Normal stereo recordings are shown in the left column and binaural recordings are to the right."

http://www.luftrum.com/

check the banks while you are there.. :wink:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

flstudiomusic wrote:Free Ambience Samples

It is free and it has rain recordings. High definition.
The man behind (Paul Virostek) worked on films like Ali, Glory Road etc.

http://www.flstudiomusic.com/2013/07/ov ... sound.html
Nice one. Thank you! :)

NOTE: I wrote to Paul at Airborne Sound and he advised:

Thanks for checking out the sound effects.

As for usage, you can find the legalese PDF in the "Documents" folder of each pack. I'll also enclose a copy.

To summarize, you're welcome to use the sound effects in your projects, provided they are combined with other media (audio, video), and cannot be separated from them. In other words, they become must become part of a larger composition. As far as royalty-free is concerned, no, you do not need to pay a royalty each time they are used, so yes, they are "royalty-free."

The main restriction is that they cannot be redistributed, even for free.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about the sound effects.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Karmacomposer wrote:Ambience will have all this and more when it comes out - but it's still in production.

Mike
Mike has already managed to capture vapor in its natural habitat.

:hihi:

:lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Aloysius wrote:
Karmacomposer wrote:Ambience will have all this and more when it comes out - but it's still in production.

Mike
Mike has already managed to capture vapor in its natural habitat.

:hihi:
Ha ha ha.

Been a bit busy, but Ambience will see light of day eventually.

Why don't you record all the samples through a large number of sessions in a large number of places, create all the graphics, trim and loop all the samples, code the synth (or use a graphic language) and then attempt to get people to buy it. All that while running my own business so I can put food on the table and pay my bills. Trust me, I could not live for a week on what I make on my products.

It's not that easy.

So, before you criticize, why not create one yourself to see what it takes - while trying to keep a family fed and safe - then you can make fun.

I announce these things early to gauge interest and see if its even worth doing.

Mike

I've been known to be a bit of a martyr myself at times but even I don't think I'd be able for such an enormous burden Mike. What a guy. All I can do is count myself lucky and look on in awe as you climb up that cross. :hail:

Aloysius wrote:I've been known to be a bit of a martyr myself at times but even I don't think I'd be able for such an enormous burden Mike. What a guy. All I can do is count myself lucky and look on in awe as you climb up that cross. :hail:
:lol:

I don't see why people are trying to make money for a living in this business, it's obvious that for most people it's a fun sideline...

Because:

(1) I love creating new sounds and instruments
(2) In the beginning, the money was quite good, which led me to create more, but eventually piracy took hold and the money was not good, but by then I had people who were fans and wanted more . . . so I gave them more

There have been quite a few times I considered giving up and not creating any more instruments, but I really love doing this - even if it takes me a really long time. It's more of a passion for me.

Martyr, no. Just someone who enjoys what he does and hopes others enjoy the end results.

That's all. It's really that simple.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:There have been quite a few times I considered giving up and not creating any more instruments, but I really love doing this - even if it takes me a really long time. It's more of a passion for me.
Nobody said it was easy...

But it's a job that would make me more fun than a 8-to-5 job in a factory or warehouse...just as an example...and there are MANY musicians working in boring under-payed jobs, some are even unemployed and really have to struggle for surviving...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”